Reduce the spam on your WordPress Blog by up to 90% with this simple but effective plugin.
How does it work
Every time a user/bot sends a comment in a specific post or page Spam Protection checks if that specific user/bot has visited for at least X seconds ( this value is customizable through the Options menu ) that specific post or page.
If that user/bot has not visited that post for at least X seconds the user/bot receives a custom message. ( ex: “You are posting the comment too quickly. Slow down.” )
You can also set a maximum time limit, each user/bot has a maximum time limit within which he has to post a comment.
You can browse all the blocked comments under the Spam Protection menu voice, so that you can actually check how many comments this plugin has blocked.
- Upload the Spam Protection plugin to your blog and activate it.
- No configuration is required.
- Time Delay – The user/bot has to wait this time before posting a comment.
- Maximum Time Limit – The user/bot has a maximum time limit within which he has to post a comment.
- Custom Message – This is the message displayed to a blocked user/bot.