Have you ever seen your friends sharing posts like “Where should you actually live?” or “What career were you actually meant for?” or “How old are you at heart?” or even “What kind of dog are you?” ?
You should have seen many if you are active on Facebook.
Believe it or not, they are so viral! Hundreds of thousands of people visit those sites every day to try and share these fun quizzes.
Why should you bother?You might have heard the story of the biggest of such sites – PlayBuzz which became the “Most shared site” on Facebook in just 10 months from launch. Yes people love to share such fun content on Facebook and that makes it viral. Imagine how would it be if you own a site like that.
Good news! You could create a viral quiz website in minutes now.SocioQuiz is a Viral Quiz website script that has full image/video and custom HTML support.
It has more features than the quizzes on Playbuzz, Buzzfeed or other sites out there.
Read on to know whats inside!
What people say about SocioQuiz
DemoClick here for site demo
Admin panel demo
Minimum server requirements
- PHP 5.6.4 or above
- Apache Web Server
- MCrypt PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- CURL & Curl PHP extension
- PDO Extension
- XML Extension
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- GD Extension (for image processing)
- PHP FileInfo Extension
- PHP ZIP Extension
Technologies and libraries used in SocioQuiz
- Laravel 5.3
- Bootstrap 3
- Backbone Js
- And many other OpenSource libraries
I don’t know anything about code. Can I install it and get it running?Yes, Of course. You just need to upload it and install it using the built-in web-based installer. All you need to do is to create a database and provide the details. If in case you experience any other difficulty, we are here to help! Simply open a ticket.
Can I install it on a shared hosting?Sure, as long as it meets the specified requirements
Does it support Arabic and other RTL languages?Yes! It supports all Right-to-left languages too
Can I keep and promote the built-in quizzes?Yes! You could. No restrictions.
Released on 23 April, 2017
Updating from an older version? Get the update-patch and instructions here: http://customers.bornsocio.com/goodies/socioquiz
- Facebook viral app style quizzes with user’s Facebook profile picture on result images.
- Upgraded to Laravel 5.3
- Result based points for leaderboard. Add different points for each result to be rewarded when the user gets that result.
- Added complete “https” support
- Added plugins system
- Added Auto quiz start
- Added ability to override several quiz configurations per quiz:
- Enable/disable share lock
- Show correct answer after every question
- Show correct answers at the end of the quiz
- Added ability to set custom “Start quiz” button text for each quiz.
- Added One Click Update from admin panel. It will help us roll out frequent updates and makes applying updates easier.
Released on 4 November, 2015
- Leaderboard & points A leaderboard of top users that encourages uses to engage with your site. Users are rewarded points when they take a quiz, share a quiz, etc. You can configure them in ‘Leaderboard Config’ page in admin panel.
- Embed Quizzes You can now embed quizzes from your SocioQuiz site to any website including Wordpress sites.
- Random Quizzes A special quiz type which doesn’t even require questions. Users are presented with a random result from the list of results you create. However you may also add questions to it, but the result will still be random. Useful to create easy and funny quizzes.
- Search Now users can search quizzes.
- ShortCodes – Special! Added Wordpress style shortcodes system. You can add any of the available shortcodes to display dynamic content in any widget area. Currently shortcodes are available for Latest quizzes, Popular quizzes, Random quizzes and Leaderboard. You can view more info and guide for using shortcodes right on the admin panel.
- Explanations for Trivia question answers You can provide explanations about correct answers to let the user know why it is the correct answer. Useful when creating quizzes like IQ, puzzle, brain teasers, etc.
- Share lock for viewing result Now you can force users to share the quiz on Facebook to view result. This feature can be enabled/disabled in ‘Quiz config’ page in admin panel.
- Enable/Disable showing correct answer after every question You can do it in ‘Quiz config’ page in admin panel.
- Enable/Disable showing all correct answers at the end of the quiz You can do it in ‘Quiz config’ page in admin panel.
- Infinite Scrolling Users can now browse through your quizzes in a single page with infinite scrolling. Ensures better visibility for your content and increased engagement. You can enable/disable it in the “Quiz config” page in admin panel.
- Disqus comments You can now choose between Facebook or Disqus comments. Disqus comments have upvote/downvotes, image uploads, etc which could improve your engagement. Disqus also has a great comment moderation panel where you can moderate comments throughout your site. After updating, you can set up Disqus comments in the “Quiz config” page in admin panel.
- Vk.com & OK.ru sharing buttons Most requested feature by our Russian customers. Now you can go viral on vk.com and ok.ru too.
- Customizable sharing buttons You can now choose the Social networks for sharing quizzes. You can also choose the order in which the share buttons will show up. You can configure it in “Social sharing config” under the “Config” menu in the sidebar.
- Show percentage result with animation at the end of trivia quizzes This feature can be enabled/disabled in ‘Quiz config’ page in admin panel.
- New widgets and stats in dashboard A better view of your site stats and recent updates.
- Duplicate a quiz You can now duplicate existing quizzes to create new quizzes by just editing the existing data.
Bug fixes & improvements
- Fixed Facebook login issues that occurred to certain users.
- Fixed a bug with displaying popular quizzes
- Improved admin dashboard
- Appearance improvements
Steps to update
- Added ‘Categories’ for better organization of quizzes
- Better utf-8 character handling: Fixed urlencoding of quiz-urls.
- New Widget slot: above quiz’s questions. High visibility especially on small screens. Best spot for an AD-slot with high CTR.
- Facebook Comments now displays thoughout the quiz rather than just on the result screen
- Layout and alignment improvements for RTL languages
- Fixed Bug: Error on creating quiz without main OG image.
- Fixed Bug: Showing current quiz again in related quiz.
- Improved installer with better requirement checks.
- Many other minor bug fixes.
Released on 30 March, 2015
Updating from an older version? Get the update-patch and instructions here: http://bornsocio.com/blog/docs/socio-quiz/update-socioquiz/
Released on 1 July, 2015
Updated PrettyPhoto library to v3.1.6. Updating from an older version? Update only the file “jquery.prettyPhoto.js” in the directory “themes/modern/js” with the new one in the update.
Checkout our new Viral Script
Business vector designed by Freepik