SORRY. THIS PRODUCT WILL NO LONGER BE MAINTAINED.
Social Sprites Icons is a set of commonly used social icons that transition using CSS ease. This set is super lightweight and could easily be integrated into any website. There are two versions for the icons. One is the standard icon set, and the other is a mini set. On hover, the icons background color will change to the official color of the social network. All of the icons are in one sprite png that totals 26.1 KB.
Social Sprite Icons installed on SmartStart Theme.
PRIORITIZED CODEEach themes come with its own customization for the sidebar and widgets. One of the most popular and heavily customized tag is .widget. Since each theme is styled differently, we cannot predict what preset will affect our buttons. With this in mind, we decided to take a different approach. Instead of attempting to reset the .widgets class, we prioritized our sprites list instead. Therefore, all of our lines of code in the stylesheet has ”!important” callout to provide you with un-intrusive code.
HOW TO USE
There is a “Thank You.pdf” file included with every file. Please read that file to learn how to use this widget.
DEMO & WATERMARKYou can view the live demo of this file by clicking ‘Live Preview’ from above. We also have a video of the file without the watermark available at http://screenr.com/1jg7.
On the demo you will see some white text over the buttons. Those are watermarks to prevent people from stealing the content. Sorry for the trouble this may have caused you.
If you require any support, please post in the comment section or look in the “Thank You.pdf” file included in the archive.
FILE UPDATEUpdate 1.9.1 – 12/09/2013
- Bug fix for custom icons.
- Added option to choose background color. This new feature supports HEX (#000AAA) and RGB/RGBA support. Furthermore, you can also prioritize the color with CSS’s !important tag.
- Added white icons.
- Fixes a bug caused by the last update
- Fixes a conflict issue from WordPress defined class
- CSS definitions has been prioritized to prevent over-definition.
- CSS file has been compressed for improved performance.
- Minor improvements to CSS to improve transition.
- Updated Twitter icon
- Bug fixes
- Added a target option to all links. Now you can open links in new windows.
- Note this is a manual input field. To learn about target attribute. click here.
- Added 3 new icons: Document, Star, ShareThis
- Code fix for Stumbleupon icon
- CSS code fixes to prevent overflow
- Fixed mail icons code
- Fixed version number to latest
- Added support and verified use on WordPress 3.5
- Added 7 new icons: Github – Behance – Yelp – Mail – Instagram – Foursquare – Zerply
- Code fix to custom icons to fix a small bug
- Added margins to circle icons
- Update to documentation
- WordPress direct upload issues now fixed
Update 1.1 – 12/17/2012 This update adds the following features:
- Ability to add 2 custom icons.
- Option to select circle icons.
- File Submitted for review.