Social Network – PHP Social Networking System is a powerful PHP script designed to allow you to create your own Social Network! It uses a beautiful Bootstrap design, has integrated live chat, pages, albums, image uploading, powerful Admin Panel and more. It’s powered by MySQL and PHP.
Test Drive Before You BuyDemo Login Details (Admin):
DEMO DATA resets every 30 minutes. Feel free to mess around
- Provide excellent support with a fast response rate.
- Patch and fix any bugs or broken content.
- Help get you setup and installed!
- Answer any questions you may have.
Full Feature List
- Each user can make posts to their Feed which their friends can also see.
- Feed Posts can be made with the Feed Editor, that allows you to make emotive responses.
- Upload Images directly from a post.
- Upload Videos and YouTube URLs.
- Users can share posts from other users to their own feed.
- Tagged users using the @mention symbol.
- Create Polls for other users to vote on
- Use #hashtags to get your post trending
- Choose a location powered by Google Maps to let people know where you are.
- Tell everyone who you’re with by mentioning users in your posts.
- Posts can contain Emojis!
- Infinite Scrolling
- Can turn off notifications for individual posts.
- Save any post to your list of Saved Posts.
- Edit/Delete any post on the fly.
- Comment and sub-comment system.
- Like any feed post.
- Show albums of images with gallery viewer.
- Frontpage will show posts from all your friends and pages you’re a member of.
- Trending Hashtags will show the top 5 trending hashtags (most used)
- Shows Newest Users & Newest Pages.
- Admins have access to All Pages and All Posts sections.
- Saved posts displays any posts you have saved.
- Sidebar shows your most recent online friends.
- Display Adverts; Rotation adverts will show a random advert until it’s pageviews reach zero.
- Users can create their own blogs and blog posts.
- Blog posts can be public or private(friends only).
- Users can share their blog posts to their feed.
- Can be enabled/disabled from the Admin Panel.
- Blogs section shows list of new public posts to everyone.
- Admins can edit/delete all blogs/blog posts.
- Live chat allows you to chat with any of your friends (AJAX)
- Can have multiple chat windows at any time.
- Disable chat in Admin Panel.
- View all chats in the Inbox, as well as reply/create new chats.
- Clicking on a friend in the sidebar will load up their chat window automatically.
User & Registration System
- Users can register for an account using the quick and easy register page.
- Captcha enabled registration page to prevent bots from spamming your site (can be disabled in Admin Panel (includes Google ReCaptcha)
- Login System comes with a Forgotten Password page, to allow users to reset their password via email.
- Prevents spam by making sure the email address is unique and valid.
- Passwords are encrypted using PHPass library to make sure your data is safe!
- Can disable registration from Admin Panel, as well as Social Login option.
- User roles allow you to give permissions to specific users.
- User notifications, including email reminders.
- Profiles with customisable header and avatar sections.
- Profiles contain all posts made by that user.
- Other users can post directly to the user’s profile.
- Profiles show off the user’s friends list and albums they have created.
- Custom Fields for each user can be made in the Admin Panel to show up on the profile.
- Relationship Statuses
- Any user can be reported, with reports being sent to the Admin Panel.
- Users can create custom pages with the User Role Page Creator.
- Each page has it’s own members section, albums and events calendar.
- Pages can be set to private/public so that only certain users can see/view them.
- Members of Pages can have their Page Role set to Admin to help update the page.
- Invite Members to join your page.
- Albums allow you to organise photos and images better.
- Events section allows you to post an Event on your page, with details such as time, location etc.
- Events can be marked as attending/not attending. Post events to Page Feed.
- Any page can be reported, with reports being sent to the Admin Panel.
- Users can purchase credits to use on the site.
- Supported Payment Gateways: PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout
- Users can purchase a Rotation Ad space. Display their own advert on the site.
- Users can promote a post for X amount of pageviews where the promoted post is displayed on the frontpage.
- Users can purchase a verified sign icon.
- Admin can approve of all submitted Promoted Posts/Adverts.
- See Payment Logs in Admin Panel.
Members & Settings
- Search Members by username, first name, last name, email.
- User Profiles.
- User Settings area allows user to change their avatar, update their name and other information.
- Change Password option in Settings page too.
- Privacy settings which allow the user to set who can see what and perform what actions.
- Add their social network profiles for other sites.
- See page invites and friend requests.
- User Role system allows you to assign specific permissions to users.
- Set a default User Role in the Admin panel.
- Admins have access to all sections of the site.
- Create custom User Roles in the Admin Panel.
- Able to disable registration
- Able to disable Captcha, Google ReCaptcha
- Change site name, logo and other settings.
- Able to disable social network login
- Manage Members allows you to edit, delete and view Member information, such as their IP address, email and when they last logged in.
- User Groups allow you to sort and categorize members easily.
- Email Templates make translating emails much more easier by using our Email Templates option.
- Email Members area allows you to send emails to all of your registered emails. Select by User Group, Username or All Users.
- IP Blocking system allows you to block certain IPs from registering accounts and from logging in.
- Manage Custom Fields for Users.
- View reports of bad profiles/pages.
- Manage Rotation Ads, Promoted Posts and Verified Requests.
- Manage Advert settings, including controlling pricing of adverts.
- Easy translate the entire system by modifying our translation files (just 3 to edit!)
- Allow users to switch between a language of their choice using our unique Language Switcher.
- Supports any UTF-8 language!
- RTL settings in Admin Panel.
- Documentation Guide to walk you through how to translate
- Built on CodeIgniter 3.1.10
- Built on Bootstrap 3.3.4
- Translation Ready
- Requires PHP 5.4 and a MySQL database.
- Supports MySQL, Mysqli and PDO drivers.
- Supports SMTP Email, PHP Mail()
Want us to help setup the software for you and get it running? Check out our Services page for more details.
Version 1.6 (12/02/2020)
- Removed old deprecated social media login code
- Replaced HTML filter with HTML Purifier
- Fixed issue with album display
- Several code cleanup+improvements
Version 1.5 (29/06/2020)
- Added option to put Google Maps API key in Admin Panel – > Global Settings
- Added option to disable Google Maps API for Location fields
Version 1.4 (03/12/2019)
- Updated to latest version of CodeIgniter
- Added Deauthoize option for a social media account
- Fixed bug with editing user images
- Fixed issue with editing a page
- Fixed issue with viewing profiles logged out
Created by Patchesoft