Snowman Challenge v1.1 is a fun and educational HTML5 word game, it’s similar to Hangman, but with a more friendly theme. It’s great fun for both kids and adults. You can create your own set of words or phrases and customise the game in many ways without any programming knowledge, it comes with a quickstart and a more detailed guide to help you from start to finish… It also has cool graphics, and music / sound effects by ChrisIsChris.
Update Version 1.1 – What’s New?
- Improved animations & Game speed
- Mr. Frosty now has 25 individual parts / Animations
- Ability to set level amount from 1-25
- Auto set level amount based on the amount of words in your word list
- Mr. Frosty will complete his look no matter what level you set
- Now accepts Spaces and Special Characters !?’.-£$€ x%x @#
- Now accepts multi word clues as well, see the demo to find out more
- Receive a bonus life if you pass with a certain amount of guesses left
Features & Settings
- Up to 25 Levels – Increasing Difficulty – Random Words – Keyboard / Mouse / Touch Control
- Fully Customisable – Easy to Edit – Comes With Support & Detailed Help Files
- Play Online & Offline – Responsive Design – Mobile Ready – Touch Ready – Retina Ready
- Cross Browser – IE9 Up – Edge – Firefox – Chrome – Opera – Safari – Android – iOS
- Lightweight – Web Fonts – Ico Font – HTML5 – CSS3 – jQuery – GSAP
- SVG Snowman – SVG Animation – PNG Background – Original Music – Original Sound FX
How To PlayThe aim of the game is to try and build Mr. Frosty. There are ten random hidden words to find over ten levels, each level relates to a part of the snowman. Words are loaded from a text file at random. You must use your mouse or keyboard to select a letter from the board, if you’re correct it will fill in a blank space from the missing word, if you get it wrong your guesses will go down. If you reach zero then you will loose a life, loose all your lives and you will have to start again.
Customisable SettingsThere are quite a few different settings you can choose to personalise the game. It’s very easy to edit and setup, all you need is Windows ‘Notepad’ or ‘Wordpad’ and you can edit the settings just like you would any other text file. Same goes for Mac users, just pick your default text editor.
What settings are there?
Set how many levels you want the game to have, if your word list has less words then the level amount, then the level amount will automatically equal your word list amount.
Lives In The Game
Set how many lives you will have in the game, you loose a life when you run out of guesses. You could set this higher for younger players.
Guesses Per Level
Sets the amount of guesses a player will have per level.
If the player passes the level with certain amount of guesses left, then they get a bonus life.
To make the game more tricky you can set the level you want to start reducing guesses incrementally by 1.
Disable all sounds
Completely disable sounds, music and in game options in-case you don’t want anyone to make noise, great for the classroom.
Start the game with the music on or off.
Start the game with the sound effects on or off.
Having snow on will use a bit more CPU, so it could slow down very old systems.
All words are loaded from a simple text file at random, if you have below 25 words the game will auto adjust the level amount. All you have to do to create you words or phrases is comma separate them.