This plugin makes generating tags for posts much easier. Plugin has two main elements: integration into post editor panel Tags meta box and powerful Auto Tagger to generate tags for all posts. Plugin supports custom taxonomies and custom post types. To extract tags, plugin supports internal extraction engine and 3 online extraction engines to generate tags based on the content.
Plugin can be used to add tags for bbPress topics (topic tags), WooCommerce products (product tags) and other plugins that use non hierarchical post tags like custom taxonomies.
SEO Improvements with relevant post tagsHaving relevant tags can have positive impact on your website SEO results. Each tag generates new archive page that lists all posts with that tag set. All tag archives pages are also part of XML sitemaps (all plugins for XML sitemaps support archives for tags) and with that they are used by search engines and improve internal linking of relevant posts. Also, your users can use tags to find content faster. Interlinking can be achieved using tags cloud widget, adding tags into post content (most themes support this, or can be modified to do so).
Better SEO results can help with the website revenue depending on the marketing system your website uses (contextual ads, affiliate links). More archive pages as search engine results are also very important elements for ads placement.
Transform normal Tags metabox with new options to extract tagsNormal tags metabox offers only limited possibilities to add tags. With this plugin, you can use different services to generate tags based on the post content. Metabox additions are easy to use and fast to get you most relevant results
Generate new tags while working on post content with few easy to use controls
Use Auto Tagger to bulk generate tags for multiple postsAuto Tagger feature can be used to analyze all posts (or you can filter posts using post type, ID range) and generate tags for them in the background. This way you can automatically generate tags for all your posts. Later, you can review tags added and manually remove what you don’t need.
Supports internal extraction and 2 online tags extraction servicesTo generate tags from content, plugin can use simple internal extraction engine and 2 online services (all of them require API Keys to access). They use different method to analyze the content and extract relevant tags for it.
List of supported online tags extraction services
Supported Languages for Tags ExtractionLanguages support depends on the services used, and here is the list of supported languages for each service based on the information they provided. I tested only some of them, so I can’t guarantee it will work as expected for each language other than English:
- Dandelion: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- OpenCalais: English, French, Spanish
- IBM BlueMix Alchemy: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Online services disclaimer
- There is no guarantee that API access for these services will always work.
- We are not affiliated with any of these services, and we have no control over the way they operate.
- These services can change the way they operate at any time without any prior notice.
- Depending on the usage volume, services might require payment to use.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Works with individual websites Multisite WordPress mode
- Support for translation and includes POT file
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 5.3 or newer
- PHP cURL extension
- WordPress 4.2 or newer
DocumentationPlugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package ‘documentation’ directory. Check out this user guide to get information on plugin options, usage and more. It is important to check documentation for learning about potential server related issues and limitations.
Version 2.3 / 2017.11.19.
- Changed: Various updates for PHP 7.1 compatibility
- Changed: Added notice about IBM Bluemix Alchemy service
- Changed: Removed Zemanta API service support
- Changed: Requires WordPress 4.2 or newer
- Fixed: Problem with extracting tags for PHP 7.1
Version 2.2 / 2016.11.17.
- Changed: Removed support for Yahoo API
- Changed: Support for Dandelion API Token
- Changed: Updated information for Alchemy API
- Changed: Updated handling of the extraction API errors
- Changed: All CSS files are using better minification
- Changed: Updated all translation strings in POT file
- Changed: Requires WordPress 4.0 or newer
- Changed: Plugin is fully tested with PHP 7.0
- Fixed: Settings issues with On Publish Tagger
- Fixed: Dandelion missing from On Publish Tagger
- Fixed: Some settings values not saving properly
- Fixed: Few minor problems with Alchemy API access
- Fixed: Few issues with handling of the plugin settings