Setmap is a jQuery plugin which allows to easily embed Google Maps in your website.
Quick screencast video preview
The plugin allows you embed Google maps and it is highly customizable. You can set location, zoom level, zoom controls, map type and more. You can easily subscribe to user interaction events. You can manually adjust the map position with an address or coordinates. The plugin methods gives you both coordinates and full readable address.
The plugin follows the jQuery UI widgets convention and you can easily create several map instances with different options with just few lines of code.
- Embed multiple maps with a single line of jQuery code
- Very easy to use and set only the options you need
- Set map dimensions with pure CSS
- Get coordinates and full address when the user drags the marker around the map
- Uses HTML5 Geolocation to set the map to the user’s current location.
- Change the map location dynamically with coordinates or an address
- Control the map zoom controls, map type, marker animation and more
- Enables not draggable maps or static maps for showing off your venue or business
- Add marker title to a location
- Demos with great application of the plugin included
- Thorough documentation with copy-paste examples
- The source code is compliant with JSLint.
- Follows the jQuery and jQuery UI design principles and best practices
- Just 1.56kb gzipped
- Google Maps
- HTML5 Geolocation
- Reversed Geocoding
- jQuery 1.4+
If you have any problem with working with the plugin or you wonder whether to purchase it or not do not hesitate to write to me in the comments or from the contact form on my profile.
Future Updates Roadmap
- Control the location and the type of more map controls
- Options method for dynamically setting and getting current map options
- Add popup balloons with text or HTML
- Ability to hide the marker or add more markers to a single map
- Automatically locate and zoom the map to fit an area
If you like this plugin consider rating it. Thank you for the time to look at my work!