easy to use Tell-A-Friend script
Install this script on your website, you will get a “Send to Friend” button which people can click to email the current page to their friends! Easy to setup.
- NEW! 23rd Nov 2011 – reCAPTCHA to stop spam
- Add a link to any website and allow visitors to easily “share” the page with their friends via email.
- User can customise the page title and description.
- Optional comment that is emailed along with page.
- You have control over the format of the email that gets sent, style it with your website branding!
- Automatically reads images from the page, and allows the user to pick an image if they want to share it along with the page.
- Configuration settings to tweak some of the inner workings.
- Optional Twitter and Facebook sharing options
How to install:
- Unzip the file you downloaded from CodeCanyon
- Upload the “send_to_friend/” folder to your website (eg: yourwebsite.com/send_to_friend/)
- Add this script tag to your website:
- Create a link on your website like this:
<a href="/send_to_friend/popup.php" title="Send to Friend">Send Page To Friend</a>
(replace yourwebsite.com with your actual website above)
How to customise:
- Open send_to_friend/popup.php in Wordpad or your favourite PHP editor (eg: Dreamweaver Code View)
- Look at the top for these configuration options:
$email_address = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; // enter your email address here. $website_name = 'My Website Name'; // enter your website name here. $allow_images = true; // allows the user to select images $allow_comment = true; // allow a custom comment from the user. $send_bcc = false; // change this to true if you would like to receive a BCC of every email that gets sent. $email_subject = 'Your friend sent you a page'; $restrict_domain = true; // only allow pages from your website to be sent $popup_width = 810; // how wide the popup will appear on the page $popup_height = 550; // how tall the popup will appear on the page
- Open the file send_to_friend/sendfiles/email.html in Wordpad or your favourite HTML editor (eg: Dreamweaver)
This is the email that will get sent to visitors friends. You can style this email to match your website.
- You can open popup.php and change the HTML and CSS code if you want a new layout.
- You can edit the provided sliced Photoshop document and re-export the graphics if you wish to change any layouts.
- You can pass these custom parameters to the popup.php file, if you want to integrate this into your website programming:
- or all together: