The RSS to Timeline plugin lets you retrieve posts/images from RSS feed in a responsive timeline format from the newest to the oldest and with easy accordion Years/Month navigator.
You can use this script on your website and let your visitor’s to read your news in usual for them Facebook’s format)
- Easy to install: just put files into your website folder
- Mobile Device Support: responsive design via Bootstrap will display timeline in any mobile devices
- Use desired external feeds: you can set use any externas RSS feeds as Google or NASA and show it on your website as facebook like format.
- Partial loading the long feeds: long xml-files will be loaded by parts.
1. Unzip files into separate folder on your website, for examlpe /timeline
2. Open ajax.php file and set desired path to RSS feed at str.11:
3. Open “http://your_website/timeline/” in your browser
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.
Using with Joomla/Wordpress
For Joomla: you can install component “Ninja RSS Syndicator” and use it to create a rss feed with all posts from your website (Set “Number of messages to show in feed” to 999 and Feed type: RSS 2.0). After that you can use our RSS Timeline script to see all your posts in facebook like format.
For Wordpress: the same way, but you need to look for a rss plugin for Wordpress to create a feed with all your blog’s posts (usually rss feed is short – about 10-15 latest posts).
If you have problems regarding using the script, please contact me and I’ll help you – office at jc-code.com
ChangelogVERSION 1.2 RELEASED
- Fixed bug with responsive design on small resolutions. Now it’s totally responsive)
VERSION 1.1 RELEASED
- Fixed problem with getting images from different types of feeds
- Updated source code to PEAR standarts
VERSION 1.0 RELEASED
- This is first version of the script