Yes, this plugin is WordPress 4.8 ready!
We’re working on version 2.0!See what’s coming till the end of the summer 2017! The video below is a preview of version 2.0. Looks awesome? That is what we think, too! Be ready and buy the plugin now for the low price (price will rise once version 2 is out).
Have you ever seen …that cool stuff that “pimps” search results on Google? This Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin helps you to generate this search results by using structured microdata (schema.org). According to the schema.org website search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on this markup to improve the display of search results, making it easier for people to find the right web pages.
This plugin automatically pre-installs seven shortcode-examples that are ready-to-use. But it‘s also possible to create new shortcodes with your own microdata markup that you need for future purposes. This can be done very easy with the built-in Shortcode-Generator.
It works like this:
- Set up your own rich snippets code or just edit the pre-installed ones
- Define the HTML-Markup that you need for the microdata (note that no PHP programming skills are needed but PHP can be used if you want to do some special things)
- Save your settings and use the generated shortcode in your posts, pages or custom post types.
If you need help, view this YouTube Video: How to set up a Rich Snippet via the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin. Thanks for watching!
Supported snippetsOn their support sites the Google-guys wrote that the following snippets are supported:
- Reviews and Ratings
- Businesses and organizations
If you want to integrate even more Snippets no matter if they are supported by search engines, please take a look at the Rich Snippets Code Examples that you can easily copy&paste into the plugin.
Built-in Shortcode-GeneratorJust use the built-in Shortcode-Generator to generate cool shortcodes like buttons or boxes on your own!
Or … you’re searching for a star-rating plugin?Why not checking out our new WordPress rating plugin? The Purple Heart Rating WordPress Plugin is what you need!
Or … you’re searching for a theme which fully supports schema.org microdata?Why not checking out my Divi child theme? The Divi + Schema.org WordPress Theme literally talks to search engines. Learn more about this here.
Need help, or searching for a documentation?
Not a problem. You can find a great documentation, a FAQ and some other cool stuff on the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin Documentation Page.
1.6.3 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Fixed an issue where the plugin checks for updates multiple times
1.6.2 (Aug. 12, 2016)
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.6.
- Fix a WordPress warning on
- Fix: load translation files even when the plugin folder has been renamed
1.6.1 (Nov. 30, 2015)
- Fixed an issue with the event example shortcode.
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.4
1.6.0 (Oct. 26, 2015)
- New: Allow to disable shortcodes when feed is displayed
1.5.0 (Aug, 15. 2015)
- New: added uninstall.php for a clean uninstallation
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.3
1.4.8 (Jul, 29. 2015)
- Fix: Some CSS will break the normal “Add media” modal window.
1.4.7 (Jul, 22. 2015)
- Some cosmetical CSS changes
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.3
1.4.6 (Dec, 17. 2014)
- General compatibility to WordPress 4.1 (tested with RC-1)
- Fix: Now allowing to edit “delete_posts” capability
1.4.5 (Nov, 06. 2014)
- Fix: Fixes an issue when used together with wpMandrill (giving you the error: “wp_mail() has been declared by another process or plugin, so you won’t be able to use Mandrill until the problem is solved.”)
1.4.4 (July 15. 2014)
- Replaced a deprecated jQuery function that was used in the plugin
1.4.3 (May 27. 2014)
- Fixed a problem where a post couldn’t be saved when capability handling has been deactivated
- New retina icon in the backend
1.4.2 (Dec, 16. 2013)
- Updated WP-Buddy Framework again. Fixes a bug where the plugin checks for updates too often on certain WP installations
1.4.1 (Nov, 21. 2013)
- Updated WP-Buddy Framework (especially the update functionality which – in some cases – checks for updates too often)
1.4 (Nov, 05. 2013)
- New: Easy-to-use Editor button for WordPress’ built-in visual editor
- Some language updates
1.3.3 (Oct, 25. 2013)
- Fixed an issue where the capability handling did not work in WordPress 3.7
1.3.2 (Oct, 25. 2013)
- Fixed an issue where the plugin breaks because of WordPress 3.7
1.3.1 (Aug, 19. 2013)
- Solved an issue where the page load takes a real long time because the plugin permanently checks for updates
1.3 (July 31, 2013)
- Making the plugin compatible with WordPress 3.6
- Updated WP-Buddy Plugin Framework
- Moved languages files to a new directory
- Updated the examples
- Made language files available on github
1.2.2 (Apr. 09 2013)
- Solved an issue that the menu will not show up. Click here to read more on this in the FAQ section (question 7.)
1.2.1 (Apr. 02 2013)
- Update to the latest WP-Buddy Plugin Framework (compatibility with other WP-Buddy products)
1.2 (Mar. 25 2013)
- Improved compatibility with other WP-Buddy products
- Solves the problem that WooCommerce could not be edited
- Some other bugfixes
1.1.3 (Feb. 7 2013)
- Updated the examples that get installed automatically during the first activation of the plugin
- New: Integrated some helpful links on the shortcode editing screen
- Some other bugfixes
- Solves the problem that the examples could not be installed
- New: Adds the possibility to manage who can add new shortcodes
- New: completely replaced the capability functionality in v.1.1 with a new capability engine which writes the new capabilities directly into the database (where it should be). Now it‘s possible to use WordPress‘ current_user_can() function to check whether a user can modify the current page type.
- New: Adds the possibility to manage who can access the shortcode post type (uses WordPress‘ built-in capabilities and roles)
- The shortcode menu-icon has been updated
- Adds the possibility to use shortcodes in text widgets, too.
1.0 (Nov. 21 2012)
- The first version of this plugin
- Click here for a full version history of the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin
Please note that CodeCanyon sometimes is a little slow when it comes to reviewing updated items. To avoid this and to get updates quicker, please add your purchase code on the settings page of the item. You then get informed automatically when a new update is out and you also get the updated item delivered right within the WordPress update process.
Notes & Licenses:
- Please note: Google says that there is no guarantee that a Rich Snippet will be shown for your page on actual search results.
- Note that this plugin does not automatically fill all your posts with rich snippets. You have to include them manually.
- That means that there is no automatism behind any of the shortcodes (eg. there is no rating system so that users could rate your stuff)
- License: Uses jQuery and CodeMirror