“React Native Redux Firebase”
- Chat in Real time with Firebase
- Awesome and beautiful U/I – U/X
- Authentication Sign in and Sign up with Firebase
- User list with avatar
- Global state management with Redux
- Push notifications for APN and FCM (Andorid – iOS)
1. Make sure you have installed “Nodejs”, if you do not have it you can download it here: https://nodejs.org/en/
2. Now you need to install “Homebrew” (assuming you have a macbook), you can download it here: https://brew.sh/
3. Run this command in your terminal (console): “brew install watchman”.
4. Install the React Native tools “react-native-cli”, open your console or terminal and execute “npm install -g react-native-cli”.- For more information you can go here: https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/getting-started (For now you don’t need expo-cli, you can work based in a real project).
5. Now you need Android Studio with the SDKs and the environments variables here you have a little guide that can you help you: https://dev.to/rob117/how-to-really-set-up-a-react-native-environment-on-mac-248h. For Xcode don’t need a specific configuration.
Cool, you’re doing great! now you got all to start configuring the project:
6. Run the next commands in the next order:
- $ npm install (install all the dependencies).
- $ react-native eject (generate the Android and iOS folders).
- $ react-native link (linking all the libraries needed).
- For the Push Notifications on iOS you need to follow this instructions: https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/pushnotificationios.html – *optional
Important: You should have configured the iOS certificates. – *optional
- Try to Sync Gradle on Android Studio. – *optional
- Adds the assets on Android (icon & plash screen). – *optional
- $ react-native run-android (run in Android) – you should connected a device or a simulator running.
- $ react-native run-ios (run in iOS)
- Replace the firebase configuration with your own account.
If you have any question, you can contact with me.
Thank you for visiting this awesome project.