The famous app “Magazine App” gained a more robust brother, called “Publication App”. While the first allows you to publish only one issue, the second is based on a client-server architecture and allows you to add new issues that are stored in the cloud and can be downloaded by users in the app.
The whole process is very simple:
If you want a live preview without installation, click here.
This application does not use any expensive and complex library to display PDF files, instead it uses a display method of sliced images inside an HTML file intelligently assembled. This allows a remarkable performance, without losing the ability to zoom in on pages.
The app also allows the navigation thumbnails and sessions (editorial).
More good news are about the server layer. Don?t worry with complex configurations of scripts and databases? nothing!!... All the system runs with Backendless Framework and you?ll need to pay something only if you have huge use (as you can see here). Very, very easy to start using.
If you want to know more, you can read de documentation here.
As a bonus you get Publication Manager: a Web application responsible to manage your publications, by uploading PDF files for processing and submit to the cloud.
The app also have AdMob support included and you can enable or disable banner and/or interstitial very easily.
- Version 2.0:
- Now landscape publications (like presentations) are very welcome!! Yes!! =)
- Publication App and Publication Manager are ready to deal with unlimited publications (or issues).
- Publication Manager now shows the number of downloads of each publication.
- Publication App stores the last viewed page, then when the publication is reopened the user can continue reading from where stops.
- Publication App is now compatible from API Level 10 (Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread) to API Level 24 (Android 7.0 Nougat).
- On Publication App, publications are fitting better on screens.
- A lot of libraries was updated.
- Minor bugs fixes.
If you have questions, please feel free to ask on item comments.
Thank you so much!