Why Product Alerts for WooCommerce?
Customers sign up for the option that suits them best, with three types of user requested alerts. Marking products as a “Favorite” allows them to receive notifications when that item goes on sale or stock is almost exhausted.
There are seven Tabs for customization options of Product Alerts for WooCommerce. Following the existing layout of WooCommerce means the settings will feel familiar and easily accessible to all admins on your site.
Settings: Customize the look of available forms with Custom CSS
Favorites: One click allows Admin to disable Alerts individually on each product page. You can also set a large range of Button Options including listing locations, appearance on Shop Pages and Styling of Buttons.
Restocking Alerts: Control Email Subject, Headings, Type and Notification text. Simple options to update Button Text, Successful Registration or Duplication Notices as well as the option to enable Captcha and control where the product alert location.
Registered Emails: Straight forward management of subscribers with a colour coded notification legend.
On Sale Alerts: Admin can enable or disable this alert for individual products, as well as set the Email Subject, Heading and Email type (HTML, Plain Text or Multipart)
Low Stock Alerts: Admin can enable or disable this alert for individual products, as well as set the Email Subject, Heading and Email type (HTML, Plain Text or Multipart) and the Low Stock Quantity
Statistics: Each email includes a unique session key, so that email clicks are tracked. This data powers a clever dashboard for each kind of Alert available: Restocking, Favorite Products, Sale Alerts and Low Stock Alerts.
The statistics can be narrowed down by month, year, and all time, as well as the category such as alert type, clicks in, and purchases as a result of.
- Triggers when Editing
- Variation Support
- Simple Form
- Email Templates
- Registration List
Special Note to Potential Users
This plugin is designed to work with the WooCommerce core plugin. If you are using a third-party plugin to manage your stock, the restocking alerts will NOT be sent. This would require a customized solution that triggers the email based on the functionality of that particular plugin. At this time, this plugin does not have any affiliations with any third-party stock management systems.
Please also ensure that your theme has the following hooks and filters included in its template files. These hooks are used to display content in your shop, but some themes have removed them in favor of their own solution. These hooks are required for this plugin to work: http://www.bolderelements.net/support/knowledgebase/bepa-required-action-hooks-filters/
What’s New in Version 2.1.1 (November 7, 2019)
- Fixed: Double Opt-in emails not sending
- Fixed: ‘Action Needed’ link appearing when Privacy Checkbox was disabled
- Fixed: ‘Consent’ saved as ‘yes’ when Privacy Checkbox was disabled
What’s New in Version 2.1 (October 17th, 2018)
- Added: Privacy Settings for Restocking Alerts registration form
- Added: Double Opt-In feature requiring email confirmation for unregistered guests
- Added: Ability to set low stock and sale alerts disabled by default for new users
- Added: Option to show Restocking Signup form in a popup
- Added: Ability to send Restocking Alerts after changes made in Quick/Bulk Edit form
- Added: Ability to send Sale Alerts after changes made in Quick/Bulk Edit form
- Added: Ability to override low stock alert quantities at the product level
- Added: Shortcode for Restocking Form (non-variable products only) and Favorites Icon
- Added: .PO file for creating string translation file
- Fixed: Activation hook not running and flushing permalink settings
- Fixed: Low stock and Sale alerts sending regardless of whether or not user was subscribed
- Removed: Pre-translated files as much of the text was incorrect
- Enhanced: Moved ‘Registered Emails’ tab to sub-section of ‘Restocking Alerts’ tab
- Updated: Documentation
For a complete list of changes, view the full version log.