This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Hi team ..Are there privacy settings that allow users to approve/deny follow requests?
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I am afraid, but this cannot be done with the Follow Feature, however, you can do this by using Connections feature in UserPro plugin.
Thanks, have a nice day
Support Documentation Facebook Twitter
You just fixed the bug of not being able to use HTML in the emails. There’s another bug though, where you can’t add any words with an apostrophe (e.g. they’re, we’ll, etc.), because it will then add a backslash in from of it (e.g. they\’re, we\’ll, etc.). This also means you cannot add “a href” links, because it breaks the code by adding a backslash, which means the link no longer works “e.g. Test. If you take the backslash out, it just re-adds it once you click save.
Thank you for bringing out this to our notice.
I have noted it down and we will surely try to fix this in our future updates.
Hi, I have userpro and am considering this addon now. I understand that I can create an image icon on my site header and have it linked to My Messages. However, may I know if I can easily get the “count of unread messages” to be displayed on the top right of the icon?
I am afraid, but there is no direct option to do that. This can be achieved by custom code changes in the plugin files.
Thanks for your reply. Would you at least be able to advise on which plugin files to modify after I’ve made the purchase? Thanks.
Thank you for your response.
Sure – you can get in touch with our Services Team via – email@example.com and they can guide you further with a quote on effort and time for this.
Private Messages for my website
Here is my website: thestrugglingvegan.org
Here I am using https://www.peepso.com/ plugin for the social community website.
on the page coach corner http://thestrugglingvegan.org/coachs-corner/
I want to use this private message plugin send direct message to user.
Let me know if this plugin will be compatible with my website or not
Well, the Private Messaging addon can be used with UserPro plugin as it is an addon for UserPro plugin.
Is there anyway to override templates in theme?
Can you please let me know which templates you are referring to, so that I can guide you further?
Please let me know. Thanks
Template folder in plugin directory. Can i put that in my child theme and override them?
Ex: userpro-messaging/templates—> child-theme/userpro-messaging/templates
I am afraid, but this cannot be done with the current setup of the plugin.
how can I add a ‘Message me now!’ button to a page?
You can use the following code to display the “Message me now!” button :
<a href="#" class="userpro-button chat userpro-init-chat" data-chat_with="<?php echo $user_id; ?>" data-chat_from="<?php echo get_current_user_id()?>"><i class="userpro-icon-comment" />Message me now!</a>
Also please note that your support for the UserPro plugin has already been expired. I must request you to renew the same for continued support.
Hi, I would like to use messages as support tickets for users. So I need the administrator to be able to watch all the messages from users to agents and viceversa.
How can I do this?
Why not using database? I saw plugin is writing messages in text files? That is a very very poor architecture, isn’t it? Few 1000’s of users and it will slow down extremely.
It’s good for small blogging sites but for major sites, no benefit at all.
Any plan to move to database any sooner?
Yes, we have this in our to-do list but changing this will impact the existing message history of users. We are working on implementing robust architecture and will release this in near future.
Is there a way to manage blocked words from being sent in messages?
Quick question. How can I get UserPro private messaging to store conversations files on S3?
I am afraid, but there is no direct way to do that. To achieve this, it would require custom code changes to be made in the plugin files.
Why messages save at texts that are make my site very very slow when using the messaging system when you will update the plugin architecture?
Yes, we have that on our to-do list and we will surely try to update this in our future updates.
Hi, I see you got a lot of nifty shortcodes available for use. Awesome. Can I use these to create my own custom user profile layout? I’m asking because I’m using learndash, and want to display relevant info on the user’s profile. Alternatively, is there a way I can add a custom field containing a shortcode to a profile with any of the built-in profile templates?
- Yes, you can add any custom fields in the user’s profile from the backend fields settings.
For more details, you can drop us a note via – http://codecanyon.net/user/DeluxeThemes#contact , with some more details about the same, so that our support team can guide you further.
On our website we have products. Products from different people. To view those products, you need to register and login (using WooCommerce).
Owners of those products can upload their own products, they also need to login.
What we need is the following. A (logged in) visitor noticed a product of seller A. The visitor wants to send a private message to seller A. Not an email, a private message. Seller A receives a notification of this new message. Seller A logs in, and reads the message.
Can this be done using Private Messages for UserPro?
Thanks in advance,
Yes, this can be done using the Private Messages for UserPro plugin.
Thanks for your reply.
What do i need to use / buy to get this working?
UserPro Lite / Private Messages for UserPro plugin
Or do i need other or more plugins?
You will need the UserPro plugin and the Private Messages addon.
Hi, looks really nice.. I got some question to be ased..
if I want to use this chatting plugin for a job board website. Objective is to let employe chat with candidate and candidate to chat with employers. Can I add a button to start the chat on each job posting on the website, and each candidate profile? Could you explain briefly how?
And one more thing, I only need them to chat to each other. I don’t want them to link to a user’s this profile http://preview.codecanyon.net/item/private-messages-for-userpro/full_screen_preview/7124805?_ga=2.92845149.1353647277.1497196672-235519302.1496846161 after clicking “View Profile”. CanI disable this function? Or link to the existing profile on the website instead?
- Yes, you can use the Private Messages addon to allow users to chat with each others on the website.
- Well, you can remove the button “View Profile” by some code changes to the plugin files.
I see from the demo that the new message will be on the top. Is it possible to make the new message to start at the bottom?
After a user received, will they get an email notification? Also, will there be a notification icon on website front end?
Can they send image file?
Can I change text/language on this chat plugin?
If I have a SMS gateway on my wordpress website. Can I send SMS notification once user got a new message?
To use this messaging plugin, I need to by 1) UserPro 2) Messaging addon , right? For UserPro, if my website already have login system, do I still need it? If I do, will it be mixed up with my existing login system? Also, if I already have user profile, do I still need it?
1. Yes, this can be done by changing the plugin settings.
2. Yes, there is a message notification in the bottom of the website.
3. I am afraid, but there is no option to send an image in the chat.
4. You can translate the plugin as per your requirement using the PO/MO files.
5. I am afraid, but this cannot be done with the current setup of the plugin.
6. Well, to use Private Messaging add-on, you will need the UserPro plugin first installed and activated on your website. You can disable the features that you do not need from the plugin settings or by removing the pages.
Thank you. I have a bit more questions..
For 2) How a bout email notification to that users email after received a message?
For 3) Is there any reason behind not letting users send image file?
For 6) To confirm my understanding, I need to buy the UserPro and Messages for UserPro, correct?
7) If I want to modify something on this plugin, is it possible to do so via something like child theme?
8 ) Will your plug in compatible with any theme in the market?
9) If I buy and it does not work 100% as the way I want, may I refund?
10) Is it possible for admin to see the messages that users have been chatting?
11) My theme is not a BuddyPress one, is it able to use this?
12) Is it a realtime chatting that can chat back and forth? or it’s like sending message (email-like)
13) I tried on mobile and it looks broken http://imgur.com/a/TN45w and no form for typing message.
2. Yes, this can be done using the Private Messaging add-on.
3. Well, this is not implemented in the current setup of the plugin. However, this can be done by customising the plugin.
6. Yes, you are right.
7. Well, you can customise the templates using them in a child theme.
8. Yes, UserPro plugin is compatible with all the popular and well-coded themes available in the market.
9. We will surely guide you through the process, if it does not fit in your requirement, then you can ask for the refund.
10. Well, for now, the messages are stored in the file structure in the “uploads” directory of the WordPress website. We are working on enhancing this to be stored in the database of the website so that it will be feasible to see the messages in the WPAdmin section.
11.Yes, you can use the UserPro plugin with any theme.
12. Well, the messaging add-on works like email systems. You can check our new addon UserPro LiveChat – which provides you the feature of real-time chatting – https://codecanyon.net/item/userpro-livechat/20237630
13. Well, there might be some kind of a glitch – you can try the same by directly going to the demo site of UserPro plugin.
Thanks for your reply,
For UserPro Livechat,
Let’s say it’s a job board site. I want have a chat button on each candidate profile. So employer can click on the profile they wanna chat with and chat with specific user.
- Does this plugin also work like that? (Basically I want something like Messages for UserPro but just a realtime chat that user does not have to refresh to see new message)
- Is it able to show online/offline users?
- So, again, I have to buy UserPro + UserPro Livechat (no need to buy Messages for UserPro) correct?
- Can users send image file?
- Do you have a demo for this?
1. I am afraid, but there is no direct way to do that in the current setup of the plugin. However, this can be achieved by customizing the code of the plugin.
2. Yes, it shows you the complete list of users on the website, ordered by online – offline.
3. Yes, you can buy UserPro + UserPro LiveChat addon.
4. I am afraid, but this cannot be done with the current setup of the plugin.
5. I am afraid, but I do not have the demo handy for this – we are working on setting up a demo – I can share the link for the same as soon as this is ready.
In order yo customise as per the number 1) , how much do you charge?
Well, for that you will have to contact to our Services Team via – firstname.lastname@example.org who are specialised in UserPro and its add-ons customizations.
Excuse me for another question
Let’s say if I am chatting with another uses (called user X), and I am on the chatting page right now ( http://imgur.com/pZYNolD ). After user X send a message to me, will the message show up on this http://imgur.com/pZYNolD right away? or I have to refresh it in order to see new message?
And for non logged in user, can they send message?
- If you are referring to the Messaging addon, then yes, you will have to refresh the page to view the new message, however, the notification of the new message will be displayed in the bottom of the website, however, you will have to refresh the page to view the message.
- No, only logged in users will be able to message other users.
is this PHP 7.0 compatible ?
Yes, the Private messaging addon is made PHP 7.0 compatible.
On your main plugin page it specifically says “Instant messages” but really it’s not instant. Do you have any plans coming up to make this an actual instant messaging system?
Yes, we are in a process of releasing an interesting feature for live chat in an addon soon!
Hi can admin view all the chatlogs of all conversations?
Well, there is no direct option in the plugin area to view the conversations, however, admin can check the messages by going to the FTP or cPanel.
Hi there, I have purchased this plugin a year ago but could not use because there were compatibility issues, which I now fixed. So I hope you can support me even thou.
1) I really like this tool, thanks!
2) I plan to have a “Who’s online” widget/shortcode on my header, and when user mouse over, it has option to “view profile” or “send message”
>> What is the code to use (i assume it is js or PHP) to send a message to the user?
also, are there shortcodes?
Basically I would like to use this shortcode but if there was way to 1) Only show who is online and 2) Show specifc user group ie: Author 3) Show icon to initiate private message
is this possible?
[userpro template=memberlist memberlist_v2=0 memberlist_pic_size=50 memberlist_pic_topspace=0 memberlist_pic_sidespace=0 memberlist_pic_rounded=0 memberlist_paginate=0 memberlist_show_name=0 memberlist_popup_view=1 memberlist_withavatar=1 search=0 per_page=28 memberlist_width=100%]
Can you please drop a note via – http://codecanyon.net/user/DeluxeThemes#contact , with some more details about the same, so that our support team can have a look at it and guide you further?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $5.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work