Pikky is a full working App Template for sharing pictures and videos within the app, find cool people, like, comment and share their posts to popular social networks.
It has a lot of features like editing profile, block users, mute posts, turn commenting on/off, edit profile, and much more.
It’s backend is by Parse Server and it’s hosted on back4app – NO MySQL database involved. Parse Server is flexible, reliable, open source, based on Node.js and well supported by a large community of developers, and back4app is a great BaaS hosting website where you can configure your database, Push Notifications and Facebook login features in just a few clicks.
This template includes an extensive HTML Documentation file that explains how to configure the app’s features and database.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
- Java/XML language – Native Android Studio project
- Android Studio 5.0
- Backend with Parse Server hosted on back4app.com
- Browse posts from people you follow and yours too in the Home screen
- Chat with people with the Instant feature
- Check out interesting people (suggestions in the Home screen)
- Set Verified users (it’s a boolean flag in the Parse Dashboard)
- Turn Commenting on/off
- Edit your own Posts
- Record and share videos as Moments (they will get automatically deleted from the database after 24 hours)
- Share Posts to popular social network apps, Mail or Message
- Delete your own Posts
- Report inappropriate Posts or people
- Mute Posts from other Users
- Like, comment and bookmark Posts
- Search by Tags, usernames or keywords
- Custom Camera for taking sqaure pictures and videos
- Nice set of Filters for your photos and videos
- Add a caption, tags and current location for your media while sharing them
- Notifications screen (check likes, comments and followers notifications)
- See your Account’s data
- Edit yourt Profile
- Setting screen with options like Reset Password, Liked posts, Blocked Users, Bookmarked posts, Push Notifications on/off
- Intro, Login and Sign Up custom screens
- Facebook login
- Push Notifications
- AdMob Interstitial ads
- Modern, clean UI design
- Documentation included in the package
- PSD icons included in the package
- The latest official version of Android Studio (no Betas)
- An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to their latest OS version
- A valid Google Play Developer Account and Firebase account
- Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language
- An active AdMob account
- A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store (the Emulator may fail sometimes)
- A free account on back4app.com
- A Facebook Developer account
- Added this line into build.gradle (Module:app), in order to display Alerts: //noinspection GradleCompatible implementation 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1'
February 22, 2019 - Fixed a bug on Push notifications by editing the following files: build.gradle (Module:app) Manifest.xml Home.java -> 'onStart()' function. - Updated the 'main.js' file, so you have to upload it again into your own Cloud Code Functions section on back4app and overwrite the existing one, then click the DEPLOY button. ** In order to update your app, compare the updated files mentioned above with your own ones and perform the changes accordingly **
February 8, 2019 - Updated to Android Studio 3.3.1 - Updated the 'build.gradle(Project:)' and 'build.gradle(Module:app)' files [compare the updated code with your old code and perform changes accordingly]
January 24, 2019 - Updated to Android Studio 3.3
January 3, 2019 - Updated the Facebook Android SDK and ParseFacebookUtils versions in build.gradle: implementation 'com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.37.0' implementation 'com.parse:parsefacebookutils-v4-android:1.10.7@aar'
November 7, 2018 - Just changed the Documentation design
November 5, 2018 - Edited the 'optionsButt.setOnClickListener()' function in UserProfile.java, in order to fix a Block/Unblock bug on the options alert. - Edited SearchScreen.java file
October 24, 2018 - Edited the SearchScreen.java and search_screen.xml files, in order to show popular tag buttons on the top of the screen and make them search for posts with the selected keyword on click. - Added these lines of code where the queryPosts() gets called in SearchScreen.java: postsArray = new ArrayList<>(); skip = 0; - Edited the 'queryPosts()' function. - Added 8 images into the 'drawable' folder - Removed all 'Configurations.' instances in all .java files, since I've imported them in the import list on the top of all .java files
October 19, 2018 - Updated to Android Studio 3.2.1 - Added this piece of code into Manifest.xml: <!-- AdMob --> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID" android:value="@string/ADMOB_APP_ID"/> - Added this line into the 'showAdMobInterstital()' function in Configurations.java: MobileAds.initialize(ctx, ctx.getString(R.string.ADMOB_APP_ID)); - Added this line into strings.xml: <string name="ADMOB_APP_ID">ca-app-pub-7337790155065092~8384194898</string> - Updated the Documentation - Fixed a bug in the Search Screen when loading more than 100 posts by adding this variable on the top of the SearchScreen.java file: int skip = 0; List<ParseObject>postsArray = new ArrayList<>(); and by editing the 'queryPosts()', 'showDataInGridView()' and 'onRefresh()' functions (just compare your old functions with the updated ones and perform changes in your code) - Removed the AdMob call into 'onCreate()' in the SearchScreen.java: Configurations.showAdMobInterstital(ctx);
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Your support is always appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please write us a review here