I successfully learned IOS development from this app. It greatly accelerated my ability to do all this for an app I wanted to make that involved video capture, uploading, and downloading of processed final video. With this app, I got lots of the functionality from a few hours of experimenting.
I was able to modify the provided Firebase functions to do custom workflows like call out to a video processing API and update the database. The included 'setup.sh' script pushes the changes into Firebase cloud.
I plan to buy the Android version from same author as a base for my own app on that platform. I may even hire the author to help port my customized iOS version to Android.
1. The initial setup is tricky, even following the instructions. They certainly could be more comprehensive.
2. I can't figure out how to change the core name of the app from "Mustage" and that isn't explained. Might have to ask author for help.
3. The app has gone through several revisions for different versions of Swift, so some of the code mixes best practices for different versions.
4. Some settings option for the camera control aren't explained in the code comments and had to research them myself.
5. Some things are not correct or set in app: Permissions to actually capture video were not enabled in Info.plist, for example.
Overall, this was a fantastic way to learn iOS and get many pieces of the app I wanted to build. Well worth buying to see how to use Firebase, Photo/Camera capture, and other non-trivial capabilities.