PenPals is a full-working application for finding new pen friends worldwide and get the feeling of sending/receiving real letters! Yes, that’s because the messages you’ll send will be delivered after a certain amount of days, depending on the distance between you and the receiver.
So this is not a common fast-chat or dating app, instead, it brings you to that old-style feeling when we didn’t have cell phones, computers, and e-mails, but just a pen, a piece of paper and a stamp
This app also allows users to also exchange Stamps by sending a request. It works in this way:
• User A selects one if his/her Stamps and sends an exchange request to User B
• User B gets a push notification and accepts such request
• User B selects one of his/her stamps and gets the User A’s stamp
• User A gets User B’s stamp
It has a lot of features like editing profile, attach a picture to a letter, remove and report Users, Location detection, search by Topics, Languages, and Countries, and much more.
Users don’t sign up or log in with a password, but just with a username and a valid email address, the app will email them a verification code in order to use all application’s features. So, you absolutely need your own server with PHP enabled where to upload a .php file into and allow your server to send emails through that file.
Avatars are pre-designed and included in the app.
It’s backend is by Parse Server and it’s hosted on back4app – NO MySQL database involved.
Parse Server is flexible, reliable, open source, based on Node.js and well supported by a large community of developers, and back4app is a great BaaS hosting website where you can configure your database and Facebook login features in just a few clicks.
This template includes an extensive HTML Documentation file that explains how to configure the app’s features and database.
If you want to use a nice Admin Panel to manage data of your database instead of using the Parse Dashboard, sign up for a FOREVER FREE account on Adminca.com and watch this video to see how to create a Panel for your Parse App.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
- Swift language – Native Xcode project
- iOS 9.0 and above – Universal
- Backend with Parse Server hosted on back4app.com
- Filter serach for pen Pals by language, topics, countries and age
- Possibility to attach a picture to a letter
- Custom verification system (needs a hosting server with PHP enabled, like GoDaddy, Hostgator, etc.)
- Report and Remove Users
- Save drafts of your letters before sending them
- Echange Stamps with people
- See the correspondence with your friends
- Letters get a delay on delivery, it depends by the distance between users
- Select a stamp for your new letters
- Intro, Login and Sign Up custom screens
- Facebook login
- AdMob Interstitial ads
- Modern, clean UI design
- Documentation included in the package
- PSD icons included in the package
- The latest official version of Xcode (no Betas)
- An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version
- An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program
- Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language
- An active AdMob account
- A hosting server with PHP enabled
- A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store (the Simulator doesn’t support Camera and Push Notifications
- A free account on back4app.com
July 20, 2019 - Added a script in the 'Build Phases' tab in Xcode that allows you to upload your Archive to the App Store Connect page (avoiding the ERROR ITMS-90087 issue). ** In order to update your own Xcode project, do the following: • Download the updated project from your Downloads page • Enter the Build Phases tab in the updated Xcode project • Expand the 'Run Script' section and copy the code inside it. • Open your own Xcode project and enter the 'Build Phases' tab • Click 'Editor -> Add Build Phase -> Add Run Script Build Phase', and expand the 'Run Script' section that Xcode has created • Paste the copied code and Clean your project. • Finally, Archive it again See this screenshot for details: https://i.postimg.cc/dtbMn4LP/runscript.png **
June 19, 2019 - Updated the .framework files in the 'AdMob' folder - Updated the Facebook's .framework files in the 'Parse' folder to v5.0.0 - Added the FBSDK frameworks file and Bolts.framework in the 'Embedded Binaries' section of the 'General' tab in Xcode, as shown here: https://i.postimg.cc/WbK71ZQg/embedded-binaries.png
June 7, 2019 - Updated all .framework files of the 'Parse' folder with the Parse Sever 1.17.2 version - Replaced all instances of 'PFFile' with 'PFFileObject'
March 29, 2019 - Updated to Xcode 10.2 - Swift 5
March 22, 2019 - Updated AdMob SDK to 7.42.0 version, which means that I've added the following .frameworks files to the project: • GoogleMobileAds.framework • GoogleAppMeasurement.framework • GoogleUtilities.framework • nanopb.framework - Added the "-ObjC" value in the 'Other Linker Flag' row in the 'Build Settings' tab - Added 'import GoogleMobileAds' on the top of the 'AppDelegate.swift' file - Added the following code into the 'didFinishLaunchingWithOptions() delegate function in the 'Appdelegate.swift' file: // Initialize AdMob GADMobileAds.sharedInstance().start(completionHandler: nil) - Updated the Documentation
January 31, 2019 - Updated the following Facebook SDK Frameworks into 4.40.0 version: FBSDKCoreKit.framework FBSDKLoginKit.framework FBSDKShareKit.framework You can find those .framework files into the 'Parse' folder - it's into the project folder.
November 6, 2018 - Just changed the Documentation's design
October 26, 2018 - First release, iOS 9.0 and above - Native Xcode project, Swift language - backend by Parse Server hosted on back4app
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Your support is always appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please write us a review here