preview_images/1stSection.png preview_images/2ndSection.png preview_images/3rdSection.png preview_images/4thSection.png preview_images/CheckOutSection.png preview_images/Cron-Job.jpg preview_images/EmailOrderNote.png preview_images/OrderNotesSection.png preview_images/PayPalSection.png preview_images/openexchangeapi.jpg
Convert any currency to allowed PayPal currencies for PayPal’s Payment Gateway within WooCommerce
- Version 2.1.7 addresses the problem with allow_url_fopen which is not supported by certain ISPs. Thus CURL is now used.
- Version 2.1.6 addresses an issue with the deprecated function wp_get_sites().
- Version 2.1.3 now supports MultiSite environment.
- Since version 2.1: Rate precision can now be settled by choosing the numbers of digits to round to. Improved precison for YAHOO exchangerates through cross currency calculation. Custom currency exchange rate. can be enabled.
Since version 2.0:
You may now add an email complete order note showing the currency conversion rate and the converted total.
This order is payed with PayPal, converted with the currency exchange rate <em>%s%s/%s</em>.<br />Billed Total: <strong>%s</strong>Auto completion for virtual orders and auto processing for normal orders can be enabled in the backend.
Works with PayPal Express
- Since version 1.7 a new exchange rate provider (National Bank of Romania) is added especially for RON.
Since version 1.6 you may use span tags with specific ids to pull the total, the tax, and the conversion rate inside a supported payment gateway description.
<strong> <span id="ppcc_total" /> (Includes <span id="ppcc_tax" /> Tax)</strong> (Currency conversion rate = <span id="ppcc_cr" />)
- Since version 1.5 PayPal Currency Converter Pro for WooCommerce also supports PayPal Digital Goods gateway. Ask me for a quote to help with the set up of your PayPal Digital Goods gateway.
- Convert any given WooCommerce shop currency to allowed PayPal currencies for PayPal’s Payment Gateway within WooCommerce on checkout.
- Supports upcoming and customized version of PayPal Digital Goods gateway
- Supports customized version of PayPal Advanced.
- Supports customized version of Social Deals Engine
- Supports PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce...but please test thorougly! This is somewhat BETA
- Converts Shopping cart total.
- Converts Tax
- Converts shipping costs
- Custom Currency
- Show the Cart Total, Cart Tax, Shipping Total, Shipping Tax Total, Order Total exclusive Tax, Order Total Tax, Order Total inclusive Tax, and Conversion Rate in PayPal related payment gateways descriptions
- Automatically update the currency exchange rate between your shop currency and the desired PayPal currency with WP-crontrol (or any other cron plugin), your hosting servers cron job, or a 3rd party cron job service.
- Actual Currency Exchange Rates will be retrieved from “Open Exchange Rates API”, YAHOO Finance, or European Central Bank.
- Google’s exchange rates history chart of the last 5 years.
- Have your virtual product orders automatically completed after checkout!
- Have your non virtual product orders automatically completed after checkout!
- Have your standard product orders automatically processed after checkout!
- Add a note to the order email adding information about currency exchange rate and converted order total.
- Sends notification email to the admin’s email address when the exchange rate has been updated.
- Logs the actions into a log file.
- Tool-tip help on every item.
- Translation Ready
- Easy to Setup
- Gives warning for unsupported php.ini settings.
- Detailed Documentation Included
- Find the settings page in WooCommerce’s sub menu.
- Recommended: register a valid API ID and activate it with the radio button or use Yahoo Finance, or European Central Bank as your exchange rate provider
- First time only: Select your target Currency
- Accept the suggested exchange rate shown in the button.
- Save settings.
CUSTOM CURRENCYIf you need a custom currency,check the check-box “Use Custom Currency”, then you will see 3 new text input fields called Code, Symbol, and Name. Fill this out with the appropriate settings. For example: Code=”XOF”, Symbol=”XOF”, Name= “CFA Franc”
Save your settings and navigate to WooCommerce’s settings page where you should find your new custom currency. Select it and save your settings. Navigate back to PayPal Currency Converter Pro settings page to check if everything is set.
ORDER AUTO COMPLETIONOverride PayPal’s Validation error on “amount comparison” or “PayPal currencies do not match”. Orders for virtual (downloadable) products will be completed when checked! Non virtual product orders will be set to processing and stock will be reduced.
AUTOMATIC EXR UPDATESFor automatic updates you have three options. One option is to use a suitable Cron-Job plugin like “WP-Crontrol” and register the hook “ppcc_cexr_update” for your desired update frequency. Another option is to call the given AJAX url (http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ppcc&ppcc_function=cexr_update) from your hosting servers cron job or an online cron job service like EASYCRON.COM for a hassle free solution. (This ensures an accurate timing for the upates.)
LOG / EMAIL NOTIFICATIONIf the checkbox “log” is checked an email notification will be sent to the admin’s email address every time the exchange rate is updated with date, time, and exchange rate value. Furthermore the log file will be populated with every action the plugin does. The log file can be found and viewed in the indicated location while using your FTP client. For additional convenience you can open the log-file in a pop up window. To make this work add: “Allow from <your servers ID will be indicated in the plugin>” to the .htaccess file inside ”../plugins/woocommerce/logs/”
How can I show the converted total, tax, and conversion rate on the checkout page?Sample payment description content:
Cart Total: <span class="ppcc_cart_total" /> Shipping Total: <span class="ppcc_shipping_total" /> Order Total Tax: <span class="ppcc_tax_total" /> Order Total inclusive Tax: <span class="ppcc_total_order_inc_tax" /> Conversion Rate: <span class="ppcc_cr" />