Are you a WordPress developer or a Web Designer who uses WordPress to develop websites for your clients? Or are you a novice WordPress user?
Have you ever wanted not to show Pages, Posts or Categories in the menu? Or wanted to restrict access to certain content on your website? With Pages by User Role you can add Access Control to the following things in WordPress based on which Role the user has.
- Custom Post Types added by third-party plugins
- Custom Taxonomies (added by third-party plugins
- WooCommerce (Shop, Cart, Checkout, My Account and Products)
The plugin also removes the Page, Post, Custom Post Type, Categories or Custom Taxonomies from search results and blog roll. You can hide Page and Categories from the menu when users are not logged in. You can also set a specific redirect URL for users that don’t have the required User Role.
It also works if you are using the custom menu feature built into WordPress. It will hide the menu items that has assigned a user Role when the user is not logged in.
List of features
- Set default redirect URL for users that does not have access to a Page, Post or Custom Post Type.
- Enable comment filtering
- Redirect to login
- Support for WordPress User Roles
- Support for Custom User Roles
- Panic option if you restrict yourself from viewing a Custom Post Type
- Enable Access Control to Custom Post Types
- Restrict access to Custom Post Types in the Frontend by User Role
- Restrict access to Access Control Metabox by User Role on Pages, Posts and Custom Post Types.
- Restrict access to WooCommerce (Shop, Cart, Checkout, My Account and Products)
- Revert the Pages by User Role behavior to the backend instead of the original frontend.
Pages, Posts and Custom Post Types
- Quick overview of User Role Access on Page, Post and Custom Post Types
- Set Access Control for Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor and Administrator
- Set Access Control for custom User Roles (you need White Label Branding to create the Custom User Roles)
- Set Access Control for Categories
- Set individual redirect URL for each Pages, Posts and Custom Post types when a User Role doesn’t have access.
- Hide individual Pages form the menu
- Hide Categories from the menu
- Hide individual Pages, Posts, Custom Posts Types and Categories from search results and blog roll
- Restrict access to content by using Shortcodes. Access controlled by User Role pur_restricted pur_restricted_alt pur_not_logged_in
Version 22.214.171.124264 – November 17, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Restrictions for users not logged in
- Bug Fixed: Access Control column overwrites Taxonomy Images column
- Bug Fixed: Access Control not working properly for Topic in BBPress
Version 126.96.36.199207 – November 15, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for Custom Taxonomies
Version 188.8.131.52262 – April 9, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for BuddyPress
- New Feature: Added support for BBPress
VERSION 184.108.40.206096 – MARCH 31, 2016
- Update: Changed order of Option Panel tabs
- Bug Fixed: post_type_enabled fixed getting post_type name
- Compatibility Fix: Added check for WooCommerce Shop, Cart, My Account and Checkout) to avoid PHP warning.
VERSION 220.127.116.11965 – MARCH 26, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Change classes where the constructor has the same name as the class to __construct (PHP 7 compatibility).
- New Feature: Allow restricting access to WooCommerce pages Shop, Cart, My Account and Checkout (restrictions for WooCommerce Custom Post Type archive page)
VERSION 18.104.22.168786 – FEBRUARY 11, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: An undetermined third party plugin is causing a PHP warning
VERSION 22.214.171.124443 – APRIL 24, 2015
- Improvement: Replaced add_query_arg() due to an XSS vulnerability issue that affects many WordPress plugins and themes. Please observe that before the function could be accessed the user had to be an Administrator, meaning that the potential issue was not available to the public.
VERSION 126.96.36.199151 – JANUARY 6, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When blocked post id?s make the query result empty, the blocked posts are not blocked at all.
VERSION 188.8.131.52781 – NOVEMBER 19, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: BBpress topic not shown, replies show when put is active
VERSION 184.108.40.206690 – NOVEMBER 8, 2014
- New Feature: Restrict Post Type Archive by User Role, which allows you to restrict access to Post Type Archives by User Role and set an independent redirect URL for it
- Bug Fixed: Disappearing Options Tab
- Bug Fixed: When using inverted PUR the edit post link in the toolbar was still visible, and the user can actually bypass the restriction and edit the post.
- Bug Fixed: Undesired redirect on Calendarize it! Events
- Compatibility Update: WooCommerce product pages
VERSION 1.2.1 REV47835 – MARCH 17, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Handle a situation where under some buggy conditions, output have been already sent by the site, before it should, and thus breaking redirection.
- Bug Fixed: Removed php warnings
- New Feature: Added a setting to restrict what user roles will be able to view the ?Access Control? Metabox.
- New Feature: Experimental Inverted PUR functionality
VERSION 1.2.0 REV22604 – MARCH 6, 2012
- New Feature: pur_not_logged_in shortcode for showing content only
- to visitors NOT logged in.
- New Feature: Enable Administrator to allow or block access to
- user roles (previously was only allow)
- New Feature: Show in menu when restricted post type
- New Feature: In the list of posts, in the Access Control column
- show if PUR is Allowing or Denying access to listed roles
- New Feature: Show Allow as Green and Deny as Red.
- Bug Fixed: Avoid a crash with Options Panel version 2
VERSION 1.1.8 REV14552 – DECEMBER 19, 2011
- Update: Enabled WordPress 3.3 functionality
VERSION 1.1.7 REV11497 – DECEMBER 10, 2011
- Bug Fixed: pur_restricted Shortcode was not rendering Shortcodes in the content
- New Feature: pur_restricted Shortcode now allow alternative text with HTML.
VERSION 1.1.6 REV9091 – SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
- New Feature: No Access behavior customization. Admin can specify if a restricted
- page should redirect to login or to redirect URL.
- Bug Fixed: Adjust the redirect URL field in the metabox
- Bug Fixed: Added missing registration service library
VERSION 1.1.5 REV7652 – AUGUST 8, 2011
- New Feature: Built-in Shortcode pur_restricted to restrict access to certain sections
- of the content by capability; defaults to view_restricted-content but any capability
- Update: Options Panel updated
- New Feature: No access behavior customization. Admin can specify if a restricted page should
- redirect to login or to redirect URL.
New Feature: Custom Post Types by User Role. This only shows if there are custom post types.
This is a mini-plugin itself that adds the following functionality:
- In the tab option it shows a list of custom post types, and checkboxes of all the existing
- user roles for each custom post type. By checking a user role for a custom post type you are
- restricting admin access to that post type only to the checked user role.
VERSION 1.1.4 REV4375 – MAY 7, 2011
- Bug Fixed: After setting user roles in Category and removing all, all roles where denied access afterwards.
VERSION 1.1.3 REV 2526 – MARCH 24, 2011
- New feature: added comment filtering to comments fetch with the wp method get_comments (recent comments widget)
VERSION 1.1.2 REV 1863 – MARCH 1, 2011
- Update: Changed the procedure for redirect; 1) the custom url 2) the default url 3) the login page 4) if you are logged in and do not have access, an error message is shown.
VERSION 1.1.1 – FEBRUARY 8, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Fixed broken default redirect URL
- Bug Fixed: Fixed Pages and Post redirect URL
VERSION 1.1.0 – FEBRUARY 2, 2011
- New Feature: Added support for non standard WordPress table pre-fix
- New Feature: Added support for access control to Categories
- New Feature: Categories with access control are not searchable (unless you have access)
- New Feature: Restrict access to Post by using the Posts ID.
- New Feature: Category will not show in the menu if restricted access
VERSION 1.0.0 – NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- First release