OverviewOpposite is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile game to play with words anywhere you are.
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
VintyMag is a complete Magazine/Newspaper Wordpress Theme where you can showcase your blog news in an old-fashioned look. It is easy to install and configure, and it has got 4 different Home and Categories layouts.
DescriptionOpposite is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) where you have to guess words and their opposites. Each level shows a hint to help players guessing the 2 words.
There is a button that allows you to ask help to your friends by Email, SMS or social networks – the app takes a screenshot of your current game status and offers the choice to share it.
The Admin can add as many words as he wants in the source code – they are simple arrays of Strings – as far as the words don’t exceed 6 characters in length.
This template is also multi-language, it comes with 2 pre-defined languages (English and Italian), just for demo purposes. The Admin can add other languages.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features.
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesJava/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 5.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Scramble words and their opposites – Swipe over the collored areas on the bottom of the screen to select characters and compose the right words to win the round.
Multi-language – Check the documentation to learn how to add extra languages in the app.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1
- Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files:
December 10, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5.3 - Updated: compileSdkVersion 29 targetSdkVersion 29 in the 'build.gradle' file.
August 22, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5 - Migrated to Android X (for Android 9 support)
July 17, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.2
June 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.1
May 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4 - Updated some dependencies in build.gradle(Module:app) to their latest versions
February 3, 2019
- First release, Android 5.0 and above - Native Android Studio project, Java/XML language