What is NFT? Well, in a few words, NFT (non-fungible token) is a unique unit of data stored on a digital ledger. NFTs can be used to represent items such as photos, videos, audio, and other types of digital files. Some NFTs were sold for over $60 million. This is a hot trend in 2021 and it’s only going to get bigger. There are not many iOS apps around NFTs, so you can be one of the early iOS developers to launch an NFT Marketplace app, having access to the largest database of NFTs via OpenSea APIs.
WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU
You will get the source code of the app that you can see on the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying. The app is built using SwiftUI and supports iOS 14+. As a bonus, the app has a small size widget as well, which fetches the latest sold NFTs every 5 minutes or whenever the OS decides to update the widget.
The app operates 100% on the OpenSea API, which at the moment is free to use, however, its rate-limited, so it may be a good idea to request an API key from OpenSea, but it’s not required for this app template and for the purposes showcased in the video demo. Depending on the usage, you can see if an API key will be required or not.
The app has full support for dark mode, so if you want to change the colors for light or dark mode, it’s very easy to do so in the Xcode Assets document.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 12 installed. This app requires iOS 14+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support.
The entire app is built using SwiftUI. The app has Google AdMob Ads, so you will need an AdMob account.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- The app has 3 main tabs. The Home tab, Favorites, and Collections.
- On the Home tab, you will find the top carousel showing the latest NFTs listed on the OpenSea marketplace. This carousel will display up to 20 NFTs. The bottom part of the screen shows the latest sold NFTs along with their price, name, and image if available.
- The Favorites tab, will show the NFTs that the user will save/add to the favorites list. Please note that these items are saved exactly as they come from the API and we don’t update them, this means that if the user saved an NFT a week ago, then whenever they will access the details of this NFT, the data will be exactly the same from a week ago.
- The Collections tab, will show some collections that are specified in the AppConfig file. These images for each collection are fetched from the API. You can add other collections into the AppConfig and the app will take of the rest. The user can select a single collection and the app will present a screen with up to 20 NFTs for that specific collection.
- When selecting an NFT asset, the user will land on the details page, where we display the asset name, the creator’s username, favorite button, description, sales count for the asset, and price. The price can be either the floor price from the API, the one-day average price, or the last sale price. Some of these details may not be available from the API, so the app will display some default values.
- Since there are kinds of NFT assets now, the app will ignore any NFTs where the image URL contains an MP4 or SVG extension, this way we support only image NFTs. If you want to add support for video or audio NFTs, then extra development will be required.
- The app has a small size widget that users can add to the Home Screen. This widget will fetch the last sold NFT and display its image on the widget. By tapping on the widget, the app will launch then open the Safari browser with the details about the NFT on the OpenSea website.
The OpenSea API is pretty powerful, where you can fetch orders, fetch bundles of NFTs, and more. Probably adding support for video and audio NFTs is a good idea once these are going to become more popular. If you saw our crypto widget app template, you can probably add that to this app, maybe as a new tab where the user can check the prices for the most popular cryptocurrencies. This is just the beginning and NFTs space will get even bigger in the upcoming years.
The app is based on the official OpenSea API, and as with any APIs, this one also has the possibility to break, change, deprecate at any time depending on the changes they make to their systems and Apps4World has no control and takes no responsibility for this matter. If you experience any issues, please send us an email and we will do our best to address this issue.
Apps4World is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the OpenSea API, website, company, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.
IMPORTANT – YOU MUST READ THIS
The app uses a private framework that takes care of many things like building the API request URL, parsing the data, building the models, returning the formatted price for an item. Also, the models are stored in the framework, so you can not change those. You must configure the app with your own CodeCanyon license code, this means that the app requires an internet connection in order to verify your purchase code. We are doing this to avoid fraud and allow only legit buyers to use this app template. If you want a version without the framework, internet connection requirement, and license code validation, then make sure you contact us before buying this product.
If you need any assistance or custom work, don’t hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com
As always, we wish you good luck with this product, and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.