UPDATE AS PARSE.COM TERMINATES ITS SERVICE SOON I MOVED SOURCE CODE TO BACK4APP.COM WHICH IS A FREE SERVICES AND USES PARSE SERVER AS BACKEND.
Stream TV Channels right on Apple TV. You can add unlimited number of TV channels. All you need to do is to find broadcasting .m3u8 link .The app uses HTTP Live Streaming which can dynamically adjust movie playback quality to match the available speed of wired or wireless networks. For more information please visit : https://developer.apple.com/streaming/
This is a fully functional app comes with all artwork and source files. Written with Swift 3 in Xcode 8 for new Apple TV. You can easily localize and modify app for your local TV channels.
This app does not require TVML or server or any script language. It is written by native Swift code and interface builder.
Preview video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRChCKqzHzY
This source code comes with 3 sets of different versions (All is included in source code zip file)
1. Local version where you can insert channels into .plist file then upload on app store or use on your Apple TV
2. Individual channel version where you add every single channel on back4app.com server (Free service which uses Parse as backend) and channel channels remotely when its needed.
3. Bulk playlist version where you upload one file which includes all of the channels and source code parses from file. (Warning this version will not show channel logos). This also uses back4app.com free services.
Features and Requirements
- Three version of the source code once local (uses .plist files) and other two use back4app.com as Parse server code.
- Add unlimited number of TV channels
- Beautiful, clean, simple UI
- No coding required
- Artwork source code included
- No server required or any script language
- Now with parse.com support. you can remotely update /change all of the channels
How to Setup and Reskin
The app comes with 5 preconfigured channels if you want to remove or add new channels. Just open ChannelList.plist file and copy/paste/delete existing channel information and modify accordingly. On internet you can easily find .m3u8 url address for TV channels all around the world.
Please refer to readme file comes with the source code for detail instructions or watch tutorial videos
Local version tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbo7TbgqVjU Playlist version tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVBvADlDvg4 Individual channel version tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5f6oa6HSE
For setting up Parse.com please refer detailed readme file comes with source code.
THE LIST OF THE TV CHANNELS COMES WITH THE APP IS FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSE. MAKE SURE YOU OWN THE CONTENT IF YOU WANT TO PUBLISH.
PLEASE PURCHASE EXTENDED LICENCE IF YOU WANT TO SELL THIS APP AS PAID OR IN APP PURCHASE ON APP STORE.