Hi, i have some questions before purschase:
1. Can we restrict the survey for registered members only?
2. Can we restrict to complete the survey just Once by Registered user (not by IP or cookies)
1. Yes, there is an option on the survey edit screen, called Logged in Only. When this turned ON, then the survey will be displayed for logged in users only.
2. Yes, however, it is still using cookies as well, also extends the validation with database query by username.
Looks great! But I´m having a pre sales question: I´d like to build a survey in a modal window for logged in users only – so I need a button to start it.
The button should not being displayed if the user already joined the survey and the button should only be displayed 5 times to the user – we don´t want to bother the users. Is this possible?
Best regards, Jan
However, the survey can be displayed with clicking on a button, if you need to display the button for logged in only and for 5 times, then you need some code customization.
Since the button can be any button placed from outside of the plugin, it is not really related with the plugin. I mean, you can simply create a tiny plugin that manage the button to be displayed for members and 5 times only, then simply connect the survey to the button.
1. We have a survey that begins with asking for the user’s name and email address (Free text field). I cannot seem to change the first question in Modal Survey to be “Free Text” format. Do you know how we could do this, or otherwise capture these two fields up front together with the other survey data?
2. When survey results are submitted, where are they written to on the server? We would like to send these survey results to a separate database.
Many thanks! Great Product!
1. You can simply hide the first answer by clicking on the eye icon at the left side of the answer, then add Open Text Answers to the question.
2. The plugin storing the data in the database. Please check the activate() function in the modal_survey.php to see the exact table names that has been created by the plugin.
Thank you for the kind words!
Please put a button into the script for duplicate / copy question. Its better if you have more questions with the same answers (yes, no, maybe or points).
Duplicating questions is already a feature, that can be available at the right side of the questions.
Please make sure you using the latest version.
I was wondering if this plugin supported some kind of transitions between questions. Like a step by step wizard where each question is on a different page or appears that way.
The plugin already display one question at the same time by default.
Certainly, it can be changed in embed mode. You can check it on the demo site here.
Is it possible to customize the style of the progress bar?
It is using HTML, so you can customize it with some CSS code.
Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply.
One more question about your product. Is it possible to display more then one question per page? I would like to have a series of rating questions (10 – 15 questions) on one page before they click to the next question/page.
Sure, you can use the following shortcode:
[modalsurvey id="12345" style="flat" display="10"]
This will display 10 questions on each pages.
How about displaying a different amount of questions per page? I’d like to have some pages with 1 question and some pages with multiple questions.
For example questions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all on their own individual page like your standard display. But questions 6 – 18 are all on one page.
It is possible to display the same number of questions on each pages, eg. 5 questions on each pages and the remaining on the last page.
A couple additional questions:
1. Is there a custom CSS code to adjust the color of the next button when you display multiple questions per page? Also is it possible to make it solid vs outlined? See the example on http://golflifenavs.staging.wpengine.com/proguide3/
2. If we want to display multiple answer in each rows the box the answer is in seems to size based on the character count. Is there a simple fix to make all answer selection boxes the same size no matter how many characters are in each box? I tried adding space in front and behind a shorter answer so they all had the same amount of characters, but that did not seem to work.
1. Sure, you can add your own CSS code to the Custom CSS page under the Modal Survey admin navigation menu.
2. You can add the following lines to the Custom CSS page:
width: 200px !important;
But it is not a good idea since this width will be applied on all devices, therefore the survey won’t be responsive.
If you have further questions, please send me your Purchase Code via my profile page mail sender, because it seems to be you purchased the product with another account.
Is it possible to restrict voting by person’s E-mail?
We need to limit only 1 vote per email signup and appear before voting.
No, it is not a feature at the moment.
You can achieve it with advanced code customization only.
Please make the conditions section – “display message at the end”, make the text field big. As of now the text field is too narrow to type in the HTML in it.
That’s a good idea, thanks for your suggestion.
Just added it to my TODO list.
I’m looking for a survey plugin that can do 2 things, pipe answers from one question to another, so for example they choose 5 things from a big list that get piped into the next question, the other thing is to be able to order those 5 things, so something like order them from most favorite to least favorite. Can this plugin do that?
However, using pipes to select the answer is not available, you can choose them with another selection style even multiple.
It is also possible to categorize the answers or questions, then display those categories in the results, those has been selected mostly in order.
I need a “employee performance evaluation” something like the personality test.
For example, 10 employees evaluate another one:
- One email is sent to each evaluator with the survey link
- After all responses, an email is sent to the evaluated person with the results (graphics etc)
Is it possible?
However, invitation to the survey, tracking the users and sending charts in the emal is not a feature at the moment, you can send your own images and the plain text results in the auto-response email.
Certainly, you can also send the survey link manually by email to the future participants.
Is it possible to send all or some of the survey input data to a custom form handler? We would like to return a customized results screen that is calculated by a separate PHP page. Effectively this would take data input by Modal Survey and calculate a custom recommendation based on comparing the survey input with some static data. Is this possible, and where would you recommend to start?
However, the plugin already provide the option to redirect the browser or display custom message based on the answers, you can use the built-in action hooks to create your own functions.
We intend to use your plugin (extended license) with a newsletter plugin that is MyMail (Mailster). But Mailster does not have extended license. Could you recommend me another newsletter plugin of a good quality (similar to Mailster) but has extended license, please?
You can find the supported newsletter plugins on the item’s page, I can recommend any of them.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $12.50
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work