I searched the comments and saw some answers, but wasn’t sure if anything’s changed since you replied to those questions.
Can the survey taker download their results at the end of the survey on the front end? I saw you had said you can set up an auto-response message which can contains the result as a PDF attachment.
Also, I’ve reviewed a lot of the documentation. I just want to confirm that I could do the following:
Yes, it is still available. However, the plugin doesn’t provide the option to download the results at the end of the survey, it can be sent by the Auto-Response feature as an attached PDF. This PDF couldn’t contain any charts.
Furthermore, if you redirect the browser to a results page, you may use any 3rd party plugin to offer the download option for the users.
Dynamic charts and graphs: meaning they are automatically created/adjusted depending on the data.
Are these scenarios possible as well?
1. After someone answers questions pertaining to their organization (say, what size it is, what type, etc.), if they answer subsequent questions, can the answers then show how others who are the same size and same type org answered those questions?
2. Show how other participants did and how this participant did in comparison
3. If so, can it show the comparison to others? Perhaps: “95% of other orgs of this type and size responded the same way you did” or “Because you said you were this size org, here’s how you compare to them.”
1. If you mean, collecting data depending on some specified answer, then no. It can be achieved by code customization only.
2. The individual result can be compared with the cumulative results.
I guess, if you have this kind of concept, you may do a custom development instead. However, the plugin provides ready-made solution for general projects, it couldn’t cover all type of needs.
I can recommend you to check the documentation here: Modal Survey Documentation
You can find most of the features above. If you still have questions beyond the scope of the manual, feel free to let me know!
How can I edit a (non-logged in) submission in the backend? Because if I delete the results of a participant, the results won’t be deleted in the graph.. how come? Or did I miss something?
Removing the individual result on the Participants page doesn’t means it will be also removed from the cumulated result, because the user still voted.
This behavior grants to keep all survey results real, that means it is not possible to remove the votes for a specified answer and change the cumulated results this way.
If you even would like to also delete it from there as well, you can achieve it with some code customization.
pre-purchase question, i was reading your documentation and it seems that you dont have like a shortcode to display individual score per category answers at the end. are you able to let me know if you have this kind of feature?
The individual category scores can be displayed one-by-one with the following type of shortcode:
[survey_answers id="12345" data="score" style="plain" qid="activity" uid="true" session="last"]
where the qid parameter requires to specify the name of the category.
that’s not on the documentation maybe you can add that as a great feature when displaying plain result text in the end cuz the charts are not showing the score
and by the way can you use the shortcode on your survey conditions? thank you
Thank you for the suggestion!
Yes, you are right. It is only in the changelog yet, I didn’t have time enough to add it to the content of the manual as well.
Will do it!
Yes, you can also use shortcodes embed in the conditional shortcodes as well.
hello pantherius, just one more thing before i buy this. listen you have those shortcodes that has survey conditions? is it possible to have 2 conditions like if your result is higher than 50 and also the other category is 50 then show the specific message. i can’t see an example on your manual. and it seems that all your conditions is a one off only? thank you
It can be achieved by the advanced conditions on a page or post. That means, you have to redirect the browser at the end of the survey, then you can use something like this:
[survey_conditions id="12345" advanced="finalscore > 1 AND questionanswer_1 = 3"]Display content when final score higher than 1 and the 3rd answer has been selected for question 1[/survey_conditions]
Hi, is this possible to set up a condition to show a message when the final score is within a certain range of values. I want to show “Low” when final score is between 0-20, “medium” when it’s between 20-40, and so on. Currently I only see ‘lower than’, ‘higher than’ and ‘equal to’ logical operators – not sure how to do address a range of values.. Thanks in advance.
Sure, you can achieve the “between” condition by using the equal condition, then specify the range, like 10-20 as the value.
Is it possible to skip questions yet without adding a “skip this question option”, is there some sort of code that can input into the functions file to allow a question not to be answered?
No, all questions are mandatory by default.
I don’t really understand why the “skip” button doesn’t fit to your needs.
If the plugin would offer an option to skip a question, then the user should also choose a built-in “SKIP” button. In this case, when you add it to your own, you can specify the text on it and you will be also able to track how many people selected it.
Do you have any idea how to skip a question without clicking on anything?
Our questions are split into sections and 4 showing at a time, out of the four, two only need to be selected/answered. So instead of clicking 4 times, people would only have to click twice, and then select the next button. When you have a lot of questions/sections, needing to click less is preferable.
I see now. Sorry, but the way you display the survey is a special mode.
However, it might does makes sense to simply skip the question by clicking on the next button, in any other modes the Next button is not visible. Therefore currently, it is not possible the skip the question by the next button without code customization.
Hi, I would need to send to MailChimp some additional fields like Phone Number, Source and Contact Rating. How can I do that? Do I need to name the fields in some specific way?
You have to create these fields on the survey edit screen and in your MailChimp list as well with the same ID values, then it should work well.
ok thanks, most of it works. But can I send to mailchimp the Contact Rating value based on what the user replied in the survey? or would this need to be an additional parameter in the contact form?
No sorry. It can be achieved by code customization only.
I have a question. Does this support a hybrid survey form like google forms which contains questions which have text boxes as well as radio button questions with redirection.
Open text answers, radio button style and redirection also available.
Find the full details in the documentation here: http://modalsurvey.pantherius.com/documentation
Is there a simple short code to use to create a page to display the results of a mass survey? I can’t seem to find it in the instructions.
There are shortcodes for displaying the results, you can find in the documentation under the shortcodes section here: Modal Survey Documentation
Creating a page in WordPress is a core feature, that doesn’t need any further plugin.
I would like to buy your plugin. But I have some questions.
I would like to use the tool for a personality test, combined with open questions.
- Is it possible to combine closed questions with open questions?
- Is it possible to accumulate some questions to a score in the radar chart. Lets say 5 topics with each 4 questions. So the radar chart has 5 stars, and every star is based on the score of 4 questions.
- And is it possible to let participants see the radar chart based of their answers, AND the answers to the open questions in the same report?
- Is it possible to let the report be exported to pdf for the participants?
With kind regards,
Yes, you can add one open text answer for each questions.
However, it can be also the part of the radar chart, but it is displayed as ‘Other’ when you include the results on the frontend area. These open text answers can be obscene, therefore the plugin automatically group them under the ‘Other’ category on the frontend to avoid any inconveniences.
Certainly, the detailed answers can be viewed on the admin area.
It is possible to export the results on the admin area only to different formats, including PDF.
Find the detailed documentation here: Modal Survey and Quiz
So it is not possible for the participant to view the result himself in a PDF? Directly or for example after entering their mailadres.
And I mean not text answers for the closed answers (like an explaination for the given answer), but only an open question. For example “their greatest challenge for the time to come” with they then have to answer into a textfield.
The plain text results in PDF can be send to the users by email if you turning ON the Auto-Response feature.
Yes, I understand how do you mean open text answers.
Thanks for the answers! Much helpful!
I bought the plugin. Looks nice. But when I get the PDF report in mail, I can’t get the radar chart to be displayed in the report. Is this possible? And where can I adjust the look and feel off the report? For example add my company logo etc.
It is not possible to include charts in the PDF, that attached to the Auto-Response email at the moment.
You can add your own logo by editing the modules/export_pdf.php on line 252.
There is a line “include logo”, just remove the double backslashes below and specify the URL of your logo.
I’m not that good in PHP. So i see this.
//$html .= ‘ ’;
the url of my logo is for example
You can replace that part to like this:
$html .= '<div style="width: 100%;text-align:center;"><img src="https://nameofwebsite.nl/files/logo.png" /></div>';
Make sure you removed the double backslashes at the beginning of the second line.
I am interested to buy The Modal Survey Plugin. But I have some questions before buying the plugin:
1. How many questions can we make on ONE Survey,
can we make ONE Survey with 100 Questions?
2. How many Surveys can we make at ONCE?
For example I would like to develop
Survey A for City A for different qu?estions,
Survey B for City B for different questions,
Survey C for City C for different questions,
Can we make 100 Surveys for 100 Cities directly at the same time?
Hope I can get the information soon, THANKS.
1. You can add any number of questions to the survey, it doesn’t has any limits by the plugin.
2. Yes, there are also no limitations how many surveys you can create.
Hi,i need to add a new answer. But all are ordered alphabetically. How can I add a new question in the middle? The only way is delete previous ansewers? I cannot lose data. Editing in the database? please could you help me?
Questions can be easily reordered by dragging and dropping the question header with your mouse.
Answers couldn’t be reordered at the moment.
presale question 1: is it possible to “invite” the participant via code to prevent a double participation? presale question 2: does modal survey record the results, even if the participant interupts the survey? Thanks a lot…! Cy.
1. However, inviting via code is not a feature at the moment, the plugin already prevents duplication. You can simply turn ON the Display once per User or the Display once per Filled Out options in the General Settings.
2. The votes are saved in real-time, that means the results are saved even after a single voting as Anonymous as long the user complete the form at the end. The only exception when the user logged in, in this case all results saved with the username.
1. that means it is not possible to use it total anonymous? Thats how we need it.
2. So, the results are gone, when the participant stops the survey for any reason?
1. The plugin saving the votes as Anonymous by default. If you don’t turn ON the Participant Form to collect data, then it will remains anonymous.
2. No. As I mentioned it is saved REAL-TIME. That means, if the user complete the first question only, then it will be saved immediately. If the user stops the survey at the second question, you will still see his/her vote to the first question.
Thanks for your time and writing!
1. That means participants could make the survey again and again?
That means, it is depends on the settings.
If you turn ON the ‘Display once per Filled Out’ option, then each user will be able to complete the survey ONE time.
Please check the documentation here: Modal Survey for WordPress Documentation
Ok, i did. but it means a “User” has to be registrated and loged in to make the survey. A “Visitor” of the Website can make the survey more than one time.
As you can see, visitors also able to complete the survey on the demo page here: Modal Survey for WordPress
I have your plugin on another website but have a new client that needs a voting system on their website. I am trying to see if your plugin can do what they need.
Needs to allow people to vote for a total of 15 people.
There will be about 100 people on the list.
Voter needs to be able to see how many people they have selected out of their 15 votes in a running total.
Only 1 set of 15 votes per email address.
Does your plugin support this type of function?
However, it is possible to restrict the voting to logged in users only, it is not possible to limit by number of people.
Alternatively, it might be achieved with a custom role and some code customization to allow logged in voting with that role only.
I don’t really understand the second part. Will be 15 answers (people) in a single question, then it needs to be displayed how many answers has been selected?
If yes, then it can be done with assigning score 1 to each answers and show the total score at the end.
Allowing to complete the survey once for each participants already a feature.
There will be 1 question. There will be 100 choices. The person completing the survey can choose 15 choices from the 100 total. I would like for the person taking the survey to know how many selections they have left to make. So as they look at the 100 choices and make 5 choices it should display they have 10 remaining choices to make. Is this possible.
No sorry. It can be achieved by some code customization.
Scenario: There are 3 categories within the survey and I want to display specific text to advise them based on which category the respondent scored highest or lowest.
It doesn’t seem like this plugin can do that. It can only set condition based on number of points scored, but not relative to other categories ( respondent’s highest or lowest scoring category for that survey).
Is this correct?
You can display a specific content based on the highest or lowest category scores.
Where is the documentation for that?
Find it here: Modal Survey Documentation Conditions
[survey_conditions id="12345" condition="categoryscore_activity" relation="highest" value="30"]
content displayed when the user get the most scores in the activity category
It can be used at the end of the survey conditions to display a specific text or redirect the browser the same way,
I see, thank you. Just to clarify, please:
1.) If two categories share the same lowest score for the respondent, then the shortcodes would apply the content for both those categories, correct?
2.) Is ‘value’ tag actually required here? If value tag is actually required, how do you calculate what number ‘value’ it should be? What would ‘value’ be for relation=”lowest”?
1. However, it can be easily modify to apply the first alphabetically only or both, even I recommend you to find out the survey to avoid this issue by assigning scores properly to the answers.
2. No, the value parameter could be anything in this case, it doesn’t matter.
Sorry, re 1, your answer was not clear to me, so just to confirm again:
a.) By default, if I have shortcodes to display content for lowest category, it will display both content when both categories score equally as lowest score category?
b.) Otherwise, how would you modify to display just one?
It is display the first highest category when more categories with the same scores.
In case you would like to show all of them, that can be achieved by some code customization.
Hi, Is this plugin will work with theme which has login and logout feature.. I mean i am pretty interested that only registered users are allowed for quiz and they can see their completed quizzes and their scores in the page.
Yes, it is possible to display the survey for logged in users only.
You can check the documentation for full details here: Modal Survey Manual
also is it possible to show their past completed quizzes and its scores respectively?
However, all completions of each users visible on the admin area, it is possible to show the latest one on the frontend area. If you would like to show more, that can be achieved by code customization.
Is it possible to illustrate each question with an icon or an image?
We would need to use a different icon/image for each question.
We don’t wish to use the trivia template.
Thanks in advance.
However, you can add your own image to the questions and answers, it can’t be outside of the question/answer container without some custom CSS or code customization.
By default, it is looks like on the trivia example or on the demo site’s home page (Envato’s logos)
Thanks for your message.
1. Would it be possible to create this feature with the possibility to select images to illustrate questions in admin panel? What would be the price? This is the only feature missing to fulfill our specifications
2. In the case of large surveys, can questions be grouped/separated by sections with titles?
3. Does the feature Open Text Answers with auto-complete also creates chart reports? And does Open Text Answers WITHOUT auto-complete feature does so?
4. Is this type of questions possible: https://www.brandlift.ch/Downloads/4.png
Thanks in advance.
1. The feature to uploading images on the admin to the questions and answers already available. On your screenshot, the image is outside of the question area which can be probably achieved by some custom CSS code.
2. It is possible to show the specified number of questions at once and you can add the titles to the question text with custom format. The question text accepts HTML codes as well. (like heading elements)
3. The answers of the Open Text Answers display as ‘Other’ on the charts since these are not moderated and wouldn’t be nice to show obscene texts on the frontend area. Furthermore, thousands of different answers also not nice on a chart, this number would break the look of the entire chart. Yes, it can be used without the Auto-Complete function.
4. No sorry, that question type could be achieved by code customization only.
Thanks a lot for quick replies and for your help.
1. Do you provide a customization support for this?
2. What I mean is rather to get a title page before each group of questions. Is this feature available?
3. In our case, we do not wish to display results on frontend area. We only have to collect numbers in percents, they could be displayed as 0% 10% 20% etc. using auto-complete. Like this, results could be displayed properly and integrated into chart reports. Right?
4. Splitting this question and using conditional answers leading to a choice of percentage ( with 0% 10% 20% etc.) could work. Right?
1. Please send me a message via my profile page mail sender to discuss it.
2. No, there is no feature, like “Create a section title”. As I mentioned, the title might be added to the question text with slightly different style.
If it doesn’t fit to your need and you would like an individual input field for this on the admin, then that could be also achieved by code customization only.
3. No, the Open Text Answers accepts any text and it will be still text even you add values with the percentage sign. Furthermore, it can be extended with more by the users as it is open text answer.
4. Sorry, I don’t really understand how do you mean… Conditions couldn’t be used for open text answers.
Thanks for your answers.
Ok, so if I want to get results as charts, I understood that I should not use open text feature.
Is there a slider feature that users can use to answer to numeric questions? For example to define a percentage, from 0 to 100?
Sorry, numeric answers with slider currently not yet available.
I just ordered another Modal Survey for a second project! I found some alignment issues (does not follow survey settings) on front end.
Also am not able to translate BACK and NEXT buttons. Have tried Loco translate (does not have this strings) and a branding plugin that translated only BACK but not NEXT!
I have already sent you a message, directly from support email used before with snapshots.
Thanks in advance to take a look at these issues for me.
All sucess to you and Modal Survey!
Great to hear that you like the plugin and use it on another project!
Just sent you a message with the solutions.
The theme style seems to be overwrite the plugin styles, it was the reason the left align doesn’t worked. Solved it with few lines of custom CSS added to the Custom CSS page.
The translation issue also solved by clicked on the Sync button in Loco Translate, then the NEXT text immediately appeared below to translate.
Im trying to show the pie chart in percentage, I was looking the docs and I didnt found it, please advice.
Also is I want to show the question with 2 lines, can I show the first line bolded (like a section or category).
Thanks in advance.
Please add the following parameter to the results shortcode:
You can add HTML to the question text, like:
<strong>this is the first line</strong><br />this is the second line
If you still have difficulties, please send me a message via my profile page mail sender.
Thanks for the response, I put my short code like this:
[survey_answers id=”3529241442” style=”piechart” data=”question” legend=”true” percentage=”true” qid=”1” bgcolor=”orange,blue,gray”]
It does nothing, regarding the percentage.
Just released the new version, that should solve the issue.
Please download it from your CodeCanyon downloads page then use the plugin’s built-in Update page under the Modal Survey admin navigation menu to upload the new ZIP and follow the on-screen instructions.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $15
Deliver better projects faster. Web, design & video assets
Unlimited downloads, from $16.50/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work