How I can make a question not necessary to answer, I mean if user have not selected answer for that question let it be submitted. I found all questions are necessary to answer otherwise it is not submitting.
You can simply add an answer with text: ‘Skip this question’
Hi, I loved this plugin and maybe it´s perfect for me. I would like to check some features, please.
I am mostly interested in offering tests for registered users, and to display them only their own results in cumulated chats.
1.) When a single user´s graph is displayed, is it possible to add comments (some extra text, maybe as a shortcode), to explain these results? Or, to display content based on test results?
For example, as in demo, there is a personality test with 3 possible “personalities” – workspace, activitie and sociality, loaded with this shortcode: Shortcode: [survey_answers id=”821776765” style=”radarchart” data=”score”].
Is it possible to customize this shorcode, adding a condition like: if sociality score is >10, then display this X text. ?
2.) Is it possible to save the user results to database, based on email, in order that this result could be retrieved in frontend by the user?
3.) Is it possible to use these shorcodes in emails, is there any integration?
Thank you so much in advance!
Happy to hear that, you like it!
1. Yes, you can use conditional shortcodes as well, like:
[survey_conditions id=”12345” condition=”categoryscore_activity” relation=”highest” value=”30”]
content displayed when the user get the most scores in the activity category
Read more here: http://modalsurvey.pantherius.com/documentation/#line2_81
2. Sorry, it is not completely clear. The user results are always recorded into the database. It is not possible to make it optional based on the email address, that has been provided.
The result can be retrieved via shortcodes only, that can be included on the page/post.
3. Almost all shortcodes can be used in the Auto Response message, excluding the ones, that provide charts or any visual display. Unfortunately, the email body doesn’t support displaying charts since the plugin using jQuery to show the animated result graphs.
Thank you so much for answering imediately!
I will order the plugin right now and start testing. I am sure I will be able to get what I need, one way or another, a solution will be found. And, of course, I will ask your help if needed.
Best regards to you and your team!!
You’re very welcome!
Sure! Feel free to email me via my profile page mail sender if you need any assistance.
I searched through the comments and am unsure of the answer to my question. I need to use a likert scale, with custom values on each question (some questions will have strongly agree but a +2, but others would have it be a -2). And, each question would need at least 2 categories to track against.
Does this plugin handle these two situations?
Thank you for your time and dedication.
However, you can assign scores to the answers and you can also add them to categories, likert scale and score weighting is not a feature at the moment.
i need to buy this plugin but i need customizing by adding IP recording and build a geo database of users. can you do this as a freelancer?
The IP address already recorded and you can see it under the Participants page on the admin.
I’m not available for freelance jobs at the moment, but I can recommend you Envato Studio to hire a professional.
I’m considering buying this plugin, but I have a question as to whether or not it will do what I’m looking for. I’d like to ask a series of questions that would fall into one of 4 categories. Each question would have a rating score based on the answers, and then I’d like the results to show the particular score for each category.
That way the person who completes the questionnaire can determine which category they scored the highest in, and choose to focus on the recommendations for that category.
Does this make sense?
Yes, you can assign scores to the answers and categories to the questions, then display a specific message or redirect the browser based on the highest category score.
Is it possible to save the survey and then resume it, in another time, like with the big survey tools out there? It would be very nice, if this was a feature.
i have a couple of more questions
1. is it also possible to return to a completed survey and edit the answers?
2. is it possible for 1 user to answer a new survey containing the same questions?
3. is it possible for the user to see the results?
4. is it possible for the user to see the answers, results in a summary?
1. There is an option on the survey edit screen to allow continue the survey. In this case, the plugin will remember for the last answer from the user and offer the next question automatically.
4. Yes, you can display the individual and the cumulative results as well.
If you didn’t find the documentation yet, you can check it here for further details: http://modalsurvey.pantherius.com/documentation
Hi Pantherius, awesome script! Does exactly what I needed. How do I change font size of a result within the radar chart result? Let me know what file to edit please? Cheers dude
Thank you! Happy to hear that, you like it.
Simply turn OFF the Minify Scripts in the General Settings and add the following line to the templates/assets/js/modal_survey_answer.js file:
Chart.defaults.global.defaultFontSize = '20';
I’ll considering to add this as an option in the plugin settings in any of the upcoming releases.
Awesome! Looking good! Thank you. One last question – I’ve set HEX colours for survey answers chart but they don’t seem to work. What am I doing wrong? My chart has 5 segments.
How did you set the color in the shortcode?
Could you send me the URL, that contains the result shortcode to check it via my profile page mail sender?
Will send you a message sure, thanks dude!
Just replied, you’re welcome!
Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to do the following:
I have several questions, they each have 5 answers. Each answer is assigned a score, like this:
Answer 1 (score 4)
Answer 2 (score 1)
Answer 3 (score 5)
At the end, I would like to display a score with the average of all questions. And then display specific text depending on the score. For example:
If average ending score is 20 = “custom text”
If average ending score is 50 = “different custom text”
Calculating the average scores for the questions based on the answer scores is not a feature. It seems to be a very specific need, that can be achieved by code customization only.
Average score is available for the cumulated results only, not for individual results.
You can work with category scores and the final score for the individual results at the moment.
Hi, how much would it cost to customize the code? It’s a feature we really need
Sorry, I’m not available for freelance jobs at the moment.
You can find many professionals at Envato Studio here.
I have a few questions about the features of this plugin:
I’m creating a website where both registered and unregistered users can complete surveys.
The surveys themselves are short: one main question and a few questions about the respondent (age, gender etc.).
1) Is it possible to get the information about the respondent from the profile (provided it was filled in when/after registering) and populate the question fields?
2) Is it possible to hide these questions for registered users but be able to use it for charts?
3) Is it possible to connect all surveys for registered users to display in charts? E.g. of all who answered "Yes" on survey/main question A, 25% answered "No" on survey/main question B.
4) Is it possible to use database data to build your own charts?
It seems to be you need a special, custom developed survey plugin since none of your requests available at the moment.
Hi pantherius, great plugin!!!
i have a question,
Is there a way to make supplying an email and an name at the end of the survey, but optional for the Participants Menu?
I have a survey and i will at the end ask for name and mail but optional.
I will give the user the option themselves to decide. He should skip that.
If he says yes, then redirect to Participants Form, when he says no, than he should recive thank you massage
Sure, you can use the Redirect option under the Answer Options (gear icon at the left side of the answers) to redirect the survey based on the answers.
For example, if you have two questions, then the third is the Participants Form and the fourth the Thank you message. In this case, you have to enter 4 to the Redirect field in the Answer options, that will directly jump to the end with skipping the form.
I noticed that you have a lot of email integrations with different email marketing services. Do you have any plans to integrate with ConvertKit any time soon?
If not, is there a way that I can integrate with their API myself? Or is there an HTML form you can use to send new people who use the quiz to other email marketing tools?
However, ConvertKit API is not on my TODO list yet, it might be added in any of the future updates later.
If you have advanced developer skills, then yes, you can add it with code customization.
All of the integrated APIs using their official API to communicate with the marketing tools, therefore adding an external form is not a feature at the moment.
Hi Pantherius, let me tell you what I am looking for:
I need to compare categories results for a single user.
My desired result: a bar graph for 2 categories, % results for each category with different max values, results for single user, last testing. It seems not to be possible, so I am figuring out a way to manage that.
The closest I reached is:
[survey_answers id=”387210991” style=”barchart” data=”score” max=”20” uid=”true” session=”last”]
But both categories needs to have the same max value, where categories tags are assigned to questions – they had different max values, so I converted them.
(1) Is there any way to get both categories % results in a bar graph (different max values)?
(2) Is it possible to retrieve a % result in a bar / line graph for a single category?
(3) If not, how to get them in plain text: % results for Cat A (max = 35) for single user + % results for Cat B (max = 22) single user?
(4) Is it possible to edit Y axis grid? When I tested Max=100 it returned 100 horizontal grid lines. If it returns 4 horizontal grid lines ex. 25% / 50% / 75% grid I could try to convert all max values to 100. At least, how to set horizontal grid to invisible?
(5) Maybe this new shortcode would help (version 18.104.22.168)?
added option to display category percentage by adding max parameter to the shortcode:
[survey_answers id=”12345” style=”plain” data=”score” qid=”test1” uid=”true” max=”30”]
(6) Under Admin panel, Edit Survey -> Conditions, these conditions are taken as OR (if not 1st condition, then 2nd. condition until one is OK, is it?) Is there an AND condition setting?
Ops! For plain text results, is it possible to set a range, ex. return results for Cat A (score or % from 5 to 10) for single user? Or, instead, a sequence of conditions?
1. Please use
[survey_answers id="12345" style="plain" data="score" qid="test1" uid="true" max="30"]
4. Usually, the horizontal lines depends on the number of categories / questions. Which chart type you using? Could you send me the result URL to check it via my profile page mail sender?
6. You can use advanced conditions, that can be used to display content based on the conditions, like:
[survey_conditions id="12345" advanced="finalscore > 1 AND questionanswer_1 = 3"]Display content when final score higher than 1 and the 3rd answer has been selected for question 1[/survey_conditions]
Regarding to your last question, do you mean display a content based on a range? Then you can also use the advanced survey conditions shortcode, that has been mentioned above.
Hi Pantherius, you are really great! You deserve 5.000 stars!! Will send you a PM! Thanks again!
Thanks for the kind words, you’re welcome!
Hi, im very interested in your plugin and i hope you can help me with some questions i have:
1) Is it possible to automatically generate a list of the top 10 voters or at least to figure out who voted the most?
2) Is it possible that registered users can see surveys they have participated in?
3) Is there something like an poll archive where in can see all closed polls or is it somehow possible to create something like that?
4) Can i generate something like an overview page of all polls?
5) Is there a way to categorize polls for example “science”, “lifesytle” and “else” and the to create a page where i only get the polls of “science”?
Thank you very much
1. Yes, you can simply use the top=”10” parameter with score based charts in the result shortcode to display the top 10 voters only.
It is also possible to sort the result by ascending or descending order based on the scores with sort=”desc” or sort=”asc”
2. There is a Logged in Only checkbox on the survey edit screen, that will display the survey for registered users only.
3. The surveys can be set to expired with a datepicker, so you can see the cumulative results on the survey edit screen anytime. You can also add the result shortcode to a private or password protected page (WordPress feature), then simply disable the Global Survey checkbox on the survey edit screen. If you don’t include the survey shortcode to any page/post, then it won’t appear.
Furthermore, the individual participants results can be viewed on the admin separately.
4. The admin dashboard already provide some kind of overview, but I’m not sure what type of summary are you looking for.
5. However, you can categorize the questions or the answers, then display a score based results with the category names, it is not possible to categorize the surveys.
You can create any number of surveys with any name, then include them with their own shortcodes to any page/post.
i get error when i tray to save ” Error during the save process” pls asap!
you can look the print screen in here http://www.haeton.co.il/error.png
Already replied to you email several hours earlier.
Probably, the issue caused by a server security configuration (mod security), that can be fixed by your hosting company. Please contact with them and ask about why the admin-ajax.php gives error page when you trying to use the admin of your website. They will see the problem in the server log and fix it.
If you send me your website’s login details via my profile page mail sender, I can check it to make sure the issue caused by the reason I mentioned above.
Would I be able to view a wp-admin screen for a product selection drill down quiz before purchasing?
You can see admin screenshot in the documentation here: http://modalsurvey.pantherius.com/documentation
It doesn’t change a lot, it is a product selection quiz or a personality test. The admin is very similar for all of them, only some settings different.
Hi, is it possible to add to each question an extra text field that is not an answer but a possible user comment?
Yes, you can add one open text answer to each question. There is a popup window when you add a new answer, you can choose the open text answer there.
Thank you for the speed!! But I need the added text to be not an answer but only a comment that the user can insert, if he want to. Is it possible this?
... and then the administrator should have the possibility to see all results and comments, obviously
Yes, it is definitely the open text answer.
You can read more about it in the documentation here.
Thanks Pantherius, but as the documentation says, I can add an Open Text ANSWER, while I need to insert an Open text COMMENT. I tryed to do as you say but when I write something in the text field the survey system consider this as the answer for that question. Do you think you will add this feature?
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your question. If you mean, adding a comment to a selected answer, then no, it is not a feature at the moment.
However, it might be added in any of the next releases, but probably not in the near future. I can recommend you to hire someone to customize the plugin and add this option since it seems to be it is a very specific need.
There are any way to setup a callback after people complete survey? I wanna do an action as send the score and add point to their accounts…
However, the plugin doesn’t provide hooks for this purpose, it can be achieved by some code customization.
Just added your request to my TODO list for further consideration.
Hopefully it will be added in any of the upcoming releases.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $12.50