PHP Mobile Device Detection is a script designed to provide an advanced yet simplistic level of device detection and forwarding to any website. The PHP Mobile Device Detection script was designed to allow users to easily detect any number of devices, provide customizations for the devices, or forward them according to their needs, and this is all done with one file!
With this script, your level of detection can be as broad or as specific as you need. All you have to do it configure the script (Don’t worry, it is super simple. I provide lots of instruction and examples.) and include it on your site!
As an added bonus, included in v1.2+, the now script allows you to generate override links allowing visitors to override the detection and view the full site from any device. What is even more awesome, is that override links are smart links (they detect and pass URL get variables)!
- Android Mobile Phones
- Android Tablets
- Kindle Fire
- Windows Mobile
- Opera Mini
- Thousands of Generic Devices (Symbian, Palm OS, Amazon Kindle, ...)
- And many many more. In fact, you can detect ANY device!
- v1.5 – 11/13/2013:
- added an intelligent/continuous forward feature.
- fixed a couple of bugs.
- improved the documentation to better explain new and existing features.
- v1.3 – 3/8/2012:
- fixed a bug which effected some generate override link functions.
- v1.2 – 2/20/2012:
- aesthetic updates to documentation.
- fixed confusing default example configuration.
- add the ability to generate smart override links and reset links.
- v1.0 – 1/11/2012:
- initial release.