What is Menu by User Role for WordPress?Menu by User Role for WordPress is a great little plugin that gives you the ability to create a Public Menu, a menu for users Logged in and menus for each User Role defined in your WordPress website. The plugin gives you complete control over the menus in your WordPress powered website. And if you have our White Label Branding for WordPress you can also easily create new User Roles.
The plugin also compliments our Pages by User Role for WordPress, which lets you add access control to Pages, Posts and Custom Post Types as well as display different information to users base on their User Role. You can login and take the plugin for a test drive before you decide whether to buy it or not. We have created a login for each User Role defined on our demo website (except the Administrator).
Try and login with each of them then you can see how the plugin works.
WordPress Custom MenusBy default WordPress has the following user roles.
- Subscriber ? someone who can only manage their profile
- Contributor ? someone who can write and manage their posts, but not publish them
- Author ? someone who can publish and manage their own posts
- Editor ? someone who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users? posts, pages etc.
- Administrator ? someone who has access to all the administration features in wp-admin.
- Super Admin ? someone with access to the blog network administration features, which controls the entire network. This is only available if you use WordPress Multisite)
Each user role has a number of predefined capabilities, which defines the set of tasks a user is allowed to perform.
The Appearance Menus Screen in WordPress enables a user to create custom navigation menu, which can be used instead of a themes default menu. In order to use this feature it must be registered in the theme?s functions.php file (this feature is activated in most modern themes).You can easily add Pages, Posts, Categories and custom links to the menu. And you can even create multi-level menus by just a few clicks and organize them by ?drag and drop?.
List of Features
- Create Public Menu
- Create Menu for Users Logged in
- Create Menu for each of the User Roles defined in your website
Version 188.8.131.52206 – August 22, 2017
- Bug Fixed: When using customized user capabilities, the roles array index for the first role is not necessarily 0, causing the menu to not identify the user role logged in and showing no menu
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning depreciated function
- Compatibility Fix: Change constructor name to __construct (PHP7 compatible)
Version 184.108.40.206001 – December 13, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Removed PHP warning
- Compatibility Fix: Menus by User Role not showing when WPML is active and languages are set.
Version 1.0.3 rev47761 – February 26, 2014
- Update: Compatibility update
Version 1.0.2 rev31197 – December 15, 2012
- Update: WordPress 3.5 compatibility
Version 1.0.1 rev29221 – October 2, 2012
- Bug Fixed: Menus not showing in Theme locations metabox when using the Awake theme
Version 1.0.0 rev29198 – September 26, 2012
- First Release