This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Hello, I am your first customer
I am unable to make it work on custom post types…
what is the process ?
can you help me do it ?
Please sign in (or sign up) to the support forums https://samelh.com/support/ and send me a private message from there. I will give your further details through a PM to help you out.
Hello, thanks for the support given. I can say it worked 2 more questions :
1°) I do not see the avatars in drop down, only mistery basics for all…
2°) in buddypress @mention users are getting an email saying they have been mentioned… is this sth that is possible with your plugin ?
Thanks in advance
Thanks for the reply.
1. Do you use any custom avatar plugins? or maybe the drop-down list of users is cached and needs to be flushed (if you get undefined as the user names besides the avatar). Anyways, I need to look into this to tell what’s not working, send me a link to your website using the support inbox https://samelh.com/support/inbox/samuel/
2. That is a default BuddyPress behaviour, BP notifies by email the mentioned users. It can be prevented with a custom filter anyway.
Hello, we have further looked into the issue … here iss hte issue :
My users changed their avatars using buddypress ‘Change profile photo’. I can’t see those avatars in the dropdown. As per my developer, you used ‘get_avatar_url’ in Plugin.php on line 192, but this function is not returning the url of custom avatars
I understand. My first assumption is that the mentions plugin is loaded earlier before the BuddyPress component can filter the avatars, or the filters are not applied on AJAX, idk, but here’s something that might help:
Add this code to your child theme’s functions file (or via a custom plugin): http://pastebin.com/4KhZkwTG
See line:6, I have called `get_avatar_url` but if things aren’t working there might be a function callback to use instead, or a filter to apply to that function, just let your developer know about this.
Hope it helps and let me know how it goes!
Hello, thanks for the code. However we just tried it, and it does not fix the issue. we still are having mistery avatars in dropdown..
I am sorry about this. I am just confused about what’s causing this conflict, is there anyway I can reproduce your issue? perhaps you wanted to share with me how you implemented BuddyPress and the custom avatars? But first try this (The plugin caches users data so I suspect the cache is not cleared and still serves invalid/deleted users) to make sure the cache is flushed:
1. Add this code to your child theme’s functions file or via custom plugin: http://pastebin.com/JqpHvHJB
2. Go to any admin page and refresh (you’ll see a notice of ‘Mentions Cache Flushed Successfully!’)
3. Go back to the functions file (or custom plugin) and remove the code added in step 1.
Now see if the issue still consists. If it does, please either help me out reproduce this issue or create a temporary user on your website and send me the credentials through email (samelh.com/contact) and I’ll look into it on your behalf.
Thank you very much and sorry once again.
Hey Samuel! It’s Joshua! This looks like another great plugin! Keep up the great work!
Hey Joshua! Hope you’re good. Thank you very much for that! Will do. Have a good day
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $5.50