This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Hello, I am your first customer
I am unable to make it work on custom post types…
what is the process ?
can you help me do it ?
Please sign in (or sign up) to the support forums https://samelh.com/support/ and send me a private message from there. I will give your further details through a PM to help you out.
Hello, thanks for the support given. I can say it worked 2 more questions :
1°) I do not see the avatars in drop down, only mistery basics for all…
2°) in buddypress @mention users are getting an email saying they have been mentioned… is this sth that is possible with your plugin ?
Thanks in advance
Thanks for the reply.
1. Do you use any custom avatar plugins? or maybe the drop-down list of users is cached and needs to be flushed (if you get undefined as the user names besides the avatar). Anyways, I need to look into this to tell what’s not working, send me a link to your website using the support inbox https://samelh.com/support/inbox/samuel/
2. That is a default BuddyPress behaviour, BP notifies by email the mentioned users. It can be prevented with a custom filter anyway.
Hello, we have further looked into the issue … here iss hte issue :
My users changed their avatars using buddypress ‘Change profile photo’. I can’t see those avatars in the dropdown. As per my developer, you used ‘get_avatar_url’ in Plugin.php on line 192, but this function is not returning the url of custom avatars
I understand. My first assumption is that the mentions plugin is loaded earlier before the BuddyPress component can filter the avatars, or the filters are not applied on AJAX, idk, but here’s something that might help:
Add this code to your child theme’s functions file (or via a custom plugin): http://pastebin.com/4KhZkwTG
See line:6, I have called `get_avatar_url` but if things aren’t working there might be a function callback to use instead, or a filter to apply to that function, just let your developer know about this.
Hope it helps and let me know how it goes!
Hello, thanks for the code. However we just tried it, and it does not fix the issue. we still are having mistery avatars in dropdown..
I am sorry about this. I am just confused about what’s causing this conflict, is there anyway I can reproduce your issue? perhaps you wanted to share with me how you implemented BuddyPress and the custom avatars? But first try this (The plugin caches users data so I suspect the cache is not cleared and still serves invalid/deleted users) to make sure the cache is flushed:
1. Add this code to your child theme’s functions file or via custom plugin: http://pastebin.com/JqpHvHJB
2. Go to any admin page and refresh (you’ll see a notice of ‘Mentions Cache Flushed Successfully!’)
3. Go back to the functions file (or custom plugin) and remove the code added in step 1.
Now see if the issue still consists. If it does, please either help me out reproduce this issue or create a temporary user on your website and send me the credentials through email (samelh.com/contact) and I’ll look into it on your behalf.
Thank you very much and sorry once again.
We are still having issues. we made a site to show the issue to you. a site with only buddypress and your plugin. so we are sure to isolate the issue… I let you know the site and credentials in your support site. Best regards,
Thank you for leaving me the site URL at a final stage! I figured it out, BuddyPress is not filtering the get_avatar_url function which is what this plugin uses, it only filters get_avatar, hope someone notifies them about this and I have added a fix for this.
Add this code to your child theme’s functions file: http://pastebin.com/hXwEJaMb
It should be able to do the trick.
Let me know how it goes.
Hi Samiel, this is working 100 %. You have done a GREAT job with this plugin. this is sth I wanted to get developed but you did it for me my very best thanks !
Thank you so much!! I am very thrilled to hear that! You’re most welcome and have a wonderful week
Hello Samuel, one more thing. We have added buddypress member types in usr dropdown.We have used ‘bma_search’ filter but the results is not showing when we type member types…
Can you help us solve this ?
I am very sorry for the delay but I thought I was the last to reply to this comment.
Can you please teach me what you mean by “when you type member types”? is it that you type @doctor (given that doctor is a member type) and you wanted to list all the doctor-type users?
Thanks and my apologies once again.
yes this is it.
We do have @membertype ( buddypress member type) in drop down. but when we want to sort all member like @doctor for example it does not find the types nor sort them..
I have tried the best I could to achieve this feature, this code can be used for this implementation http://pastebin.com/xQJhFEhg BUT atwho.js which powers this plugin will basically override the users and will list nothing when you type a member type. Why? because it has a behavior of matching the search key to each given result, so while typing @doctor and we have a list of doctors but they have no ‘doctor’ in their id, it will prevent the dropdown from happening.
Sorry about this.
So I solved this.
1. Add this code to your child theme’s functions file: http://pastebin.com/xQJhFEhg
Hey Samuel! It’s Joshua! This looks like another great plugin! Keep up the great work!
Hey Joshua! Hope you’re good. Thank you very much for that! Will do. Have a good day
Really usefull plugin. Is it available to make it work pretty like fb even more?
1) Intergate function memtion @ to buddypress privacy plugin. Such as they can choose disabled complete or part of private (mean no one can memtion), only friends ect… just like user do with view in buddypress privacy plugin for activity
2) Remove @. Given pretty mention just like facebook. Call displayname (name that user buddypress set published view)
With 2 of this feature. I belive this is very needed plugin for who use buddypress.
Yes, that is quite easy to integrate.
1. I can write a custom plugin addon for you for this, to add a custom setting to BuddyPress member settings page to choose who can mention them. I just never had the idea to make it a feature.
2. It is quite easy to drop the [at] sign upon mention select, but, it is a bad practice to pull usernames with any character being typed so logically the user has to type [at] in order to get a dropdown and pick the users to select.
1) Oh you no need to create plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-activity-privacy/
You just need intergate it and give user setting themseft for function @ as what they want in setting
The bad thing of this plugin did not allow for multi option such as: follower + group+friends , or follower + group or follower + friend only. If you can pick over the plugin, add all plugin and extra this function to your plugin as brand new power feature plugin will be great Because this plugin is abandance, the developer did not take care support forum and active or update, i think you can complete use it.
2) Due to priavte user setting so. When someone memtion by username. So the dropdown will appear in listed allow [at] only. in short i call memtion is[at]. so i would like this function will work pretty like fb still.
Example user A set allow [at] for only friends. So only his friends, when his friend [at] will see him in listed dropdown. Overwide none friend, etc.. can not [at]him at all.
Under activity time will have small text to notify any friend know that how he set [at], so there friend and visiter know what is going they can do with [at] to him or not.
thanks. we tried it but not working. can we send you an email with our ftp ans site details ?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $5.50