1.) Can this move items from the left admin menu to the top admin bar or must I enter each menu item and sub-menus manually?
2.) Can I remove existing menu items?
3.) Can I dictate if my custom menu items appear on the left or right side?
4.) Is there an option to save/export multiple sets of menus?
5.) Is there an option to reset the menu back to factory defaults?
6.) If I choose the option to hide the menu in the front end is there any way to access the menu, such as a menu that drops down when I move my cursor to a hotspot?
7.) Does it come with any icons, if so where can I see a list of them?
8.) Does it work with any online font icons such as http://fontawesome.io ?
1.) You will need to add each item manually. You are flexible to add any links.
2.) You can choose to append to existing menu items, or completely replace them with your links.
3.) The menu will appear on the left. The right side of the menu is leave intact to the Wordpress default.
4.) For now, there is no option to export your option.
5.) Yes, there is a reset function, you can reset to Wordpress default admin bar.
6.) If you hide the admin bar in the front end, there is no hotspot to access the menu. You will need link to dashboard with your own link. (such as http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
7.) It does not come with any icon. The icon use in preview are for demonstration purposes.
8.) You will need to upload your icon in image files. (PNG or jpeg)
Thanks for your reply.
You are welcome.
Very useful, GLWS
In your video, wordpress defaults are hidden. Can I customize the admin bar so that my links will show?
You can choose to append the Wordpress default, or hide the wordpress default and use the links defined with this plugin.
Thanks, where was this option? Did not see in video or screenshots. Also, I still would want to keep the user profile dropdown menu, but would want to append and/or ommit certain links such as access to dashboard.
You can see a “Select” dropdown stated “Append to the default items in admin bar”.
You can click on it and choose to replace the Wordpress default with your own links.
For now you cannot customize the Wordpress default, you can append to them or either hide all of them and use your own links.
The profile menu on the right will always be there intact.
Thank you very much for your question. I should have made the previews and description more obvious.
Thank you. Great plugin. Would love to be able to customize defaults in future version.
Just purchased. How can I append to account wordpress default.
Hi, thanks for using this plugin.
To append to account wordpress default at the right hand side,
insert “my-account” as parent.
Also is there a way to have the new custom items on admin bar align from right to left?
There is no option to add item from right to left.
Thank you very much for your feedback. Will consider this feature in future version.
Thanks, just added. The item added is not ligned center with other default items under account. Can I add css or modify margins to do that?
You can use css to set the margin. But there is no input field for custom css in this plugin. Will include a input field for custom css in the upcoming version. (Estimated before the end of upcoming week.)
Oh ya, I missed out this, actually you can use “top-secondary” as parent to add your link item to the right hand side.
I hope to purchase your plugin but I have these presale questions:
1) I need the admin bar to be exactly like the footer bar of http://www.lynda.com site, can I do that with your plugin?
2) I need tow admin bars one at the header and another one at the footer, can I achieve this with your plugin?
3) I want the header admin bar to contain something like the header admin bar of the http://jquery.com site. specially this portion,because I want the user to change between multiple domains from the admin bar in the same way of the jQuery site, can I achieve that with your plugin?
Thanks for your question.
This plugin cannot add menu bar to the footer.
This plugin allow you to add custom link to the admin bar. Technically, you can add any link.
Hope I helped with your doubt. Thanks again.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Can I change the colors of the bar?
There is no option to change the colors of admin bar in this plugin.
Is the plugin will work with version 4.0 or later?
Will there be new updates and new features, eg. Changing color?
Hi, this plugin is working with Wordpress 4.0, and will keep update to cope with latest version of wordpress.
These are features in the roadmap of future version:
- Changing admin bar color
- Import / Export settings
Awesome plugin, i have 2 questions
1. how would i add shortcode (that would normally be in the menu) to the admin bar? eg to make a modal window pop up etc?
2. if i wanted the admin bar at the bottom of the screen, does your plugin do it? if not, I have another plugin that moves the admin bar to the bottom, would the 2 plugins conflict – ( the plugin is called ubermenu sticky extension)
1. At this moment, this plugin cannot open a lightbox when you click on the admin bar item.
2. This plugin does not have the feature to place the admin bar at bottom at the time being. It shall not have any conflict with the ubermenu as this plugin does not handle any poisitioning like ubermenu does.
Please do let me know if you find any conflict between them.
Hi I have some questions:
1. is this responsive? if not. can it hide for Mobile?
2. can I completely remove wordpress icon, menus and avatar form this bar?
3. This plugin support Chinese?
1. It is not responsive, and there is no feature to hide for Mobile. Will improve in upcoming version.
2. Yes, you can completely remove Wordpress icon and add your own links with icons.
3. This plugin is in english version. However, you can use any character for your link text in admin bar.
before we purchase your plugin
Are you planning on making further dev and maintaining the plugin
are you planning on addin css mega menu or other option in the near future
do you have a road map
When is the next update
no answer for 2 days?
are you planning on doing evolution
Sorry for slow response, a new version is coming up this week include the features such as changing the color of admin bar, import/export settings.
One Problem: when choosing “replace the default wordpress admin bar” for a new menu item, the whole(!) default admin bar incl. the menu toggle(!) is replaced. But without menu toggle in mobile view you can’t view your left admin menu in the mobile view … . Any thoughts about this and a possible solution? Thx.
Thanks for your alert,
Looking into this now.
I have uploaded an updated version (2.1) which should fixed this issue.
You shall get an notification when it is approved by Envato staff.
Thanx for your update. Now the toggle is visible. But: another Problem – in mobile view only the icons of sub menu items are shown! Suggestion? Regards
1. Only the administrator can view the bar?
2. It is compatible with BuddyPress?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work