Magic 8 Ball is a funny template for you to quickly build a mobile game where friends can ask yes or no questions and get an answer from the ball, even if you don’t know how to code
DescriptionMagic 8 Ball is a fortune-telling, future-reader game, built to be fun and bring people together.
You can just ask a yes or no question while holding your finger over the ball. release your finger to receive a spoken and text answer.
This full-working template supports 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German, but you can add more by following the Documentation.
This template is easy to customize and it allows you to share the app through social network apps, Mail, and SMS, as well as change the background and choose different answer topics.
Please note that you must not take the received answers seriously, they are randomly generated and their purposes are just for fun, alone or with friends
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features.
• Keep an eye on the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesiOS Swift language – Native Xcode project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Xcode and Swift.
Storyboard, iOS 11.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on all iOS devices
Choose different topics – You can select between Classic, Alternative or Funny answers that the magic 8 ball will give, as well as add your own arrays of answers in the code
Set backgrounds for the ball – You can give the home screen a better look by selecting a background. You can also add more images in the project.
Multi-language ready – The project contains 5 different languages and their translations. You can edit them as you wish, or add new languages
Be social – Let the world know about your app by sharing it on social network apps, Mail or SMS
AdMob Banner ads – Get some revenue from advertisement banners
Modern design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Xcode – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of Xcode and you can download it from the Mac App Store. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your macOS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program – This is needed for you to publish apps on the iTunes App Store. You can still edit this template on code without that account, but you won’t be able to run it on your real iOS device since you’ll need a Team ID.
Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store – iOS Simulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. Apple’s official Guidelines also suggest this.
May 5, 2021
- Added the following keys and descriptions in the 'Info.plist' file:
• Privacy - Tracking Usage Description
** Here's a screenshot for your reference: https://i.postimg.cc/156kd2jc/att-infoplist.png **
- Imported these frameworks in the 'Configurations.swift' file:
- Added a function called 'requestATTPermission()' in the 'Configurations.swift' file
- Called that function into the 'viewDidLoad()' function of the 'Home.swift' file:
April 20, 2021
- Updated the AdMob framework files to version 8.3.0 (in the Frameworks folder)
- Edited the 'loadAdMobBanner()' function in the 'Home.swift' file
December 12, 2020
- First release, iOS 11.0 and above
- Native Xcode project, UIKit, Swift language
- Compatible with all iOS devices