Display sharp and high quality images only to users that realy use devices with Retina displays and save bandwith on those who do not.
To ensure best peformance this extension will check device pixel ratio and serve appropriate images to users that are using devices with better and newer display. Users using regular screens will be served images in normal size as there is no real benefit in displaying bigger images to them.
- Fast and reliable PHP solution
- Extends products resize() function
- Can set image size and quality for every device pixel ratio between 1 and 3
- Images are cached by default Magento caching solution
- No template overwrites
So called Retina displays have a higher pixel density and the images needs to be two or even three time bigger to be displayed sharp and clear. Magento Product Retina Images extension serve Retina images in @2x sizes and @3x sizes.
Unlike other solutions (like Jquery Retina plugin) this extension will not substitute the normal image for bigger one. This extension extends native Magento resize function and serves the appropriate image size on the fly so only one image is loaded and there is no bandwith overuse or time delays.
Also it is very important that this extension use default Magento caching solution for images so it will not affect your store’s performance.
Quick Start Guide
- Copy all files from the Source directory to your Magento installation root directory
- Go to Admin -> System -> Cache Management and flush all caches
- Logout and login again
- Go to Admin -> System -> Configuration -> MageMill -> Retina Images to configure the extension
v1.0.0 (2016-10-08) -first release