To create an app like this but for Android, how much would you charge me?
And some changes?
Without having a deeper look at it: a few thousand USD would be necessary. But I have currently have no time for such a big project.
When you place calls and video calls?
When you insert the ‘function eliminates chat with all its inner content’?
How to put my User in GET HELP in section ABOUT?
Concerning the last question: simply assign your user the value “help” in the “specialUser” field in the database. Should also be explained in the setup guide and the FAQ here on codecanyon.
I am not planning to implement voice and video calls. If you need those, please arrange with someone else to implement this for you or do it on your own
I don’t know what that means, please elaborate. Also, please try not to open a new thread for every minor request, your threads are become quite numerous by now…
1. Inserted you send photos or video from your iPhone and share in the app without having to open the application.
2. Add chat archive.
3. Add 3D Touch and notifications with quick response.
4. Add widget
5. Fixed bugs and errors
6. Enter multi language
7. Add backgrounds in chat
8. Add privacy and security section
9. Add mute Chat
10. Delete account
When you update the app with all these things mentioned? It would take a big load update of news! Aspect your answer! Good job.
1. Add pictures and video slide inside a chat.
2. Edit photos and video when sending media.
3. Being able to save media in iphone
Here are some answers:
1. Planned on doing so, but no ETA yet.
2. Not planned on implementing this yet.
3. Planned on doing so, but no ETA yet.
4. Not planned.
5. No bugs and errors known to me atm.
6. I won’t add another language. Everything is ready for localization, you just need to provide the translation by yourself.
7. Not planned on doing so. I really don’t like such apps … but if you need it, implementing it should be quite easy.
8. Please elaborate this, what should be added there?
9. Great idea, never thought about it. Will put it on my list.
10. Do you really want this to happen….?
11. Could be complicated, but will think about it.
12. I do have a photo editor app. Merging those two projects is left as an exercise … I won’t implement this, since it will make the other project obsolete.
13. Already implemented. Simply tap and hold on an image.
Generally speaking, I cannot give any ETA for any feature at the moment, since I am very busy and don’t have much time left beside doing all the support stuff.
Hello, if you do not make a specific changed files you are complicated test them all, you can specify which files have changed in version 1.13 and 1.14?
Simply use “FileMerge”, a program that comes with XCode. FileMerge enables you to see what exact files and what exact lines have been changed between two versions.
Even insert Time Display Post Posted
I really do not understand what you mean here.
I find no guide to modify HELP ME with my user ID. SHOW ME THE GUIDE TO CHANGE CAN.
WHEN USICRA ‘THE NEXT UPDATE? AND WHAT’S ‘NEW?
What? Please calm down …
What do you need? I already told you how to set a specific user as the help me user. Please also look at the FAQ here on the project page. Where exactly is your problem? This is a very easy process.
If you need to know what’s new in the update, please read the change log! In case you wonder what portions of the code exactly changed, please use FileMerge (comes with XCode) to detect the exact changes between two versions. In case you don’t know how to use FileMerge, simply google a tutorial, there are tons of them out there.
Link to what exactly? Please try to be more precise. The FAQ is here: https://codecanyon.net/item/luxchat-your-complete-chat-app-ios/19188696/support
And a tutorial is available when typing in “FileMerge” into Google.
how to display the sending time of a message?
Again, please don’t open a new thread for every question. Instead, stay in one thread.
I don’t understand the question here, though. The sending time of a message is shown every three messages in the app. You can increase this to show the sending time of every single message if you wish so.
do you understand what I mean. how can I set it?
No, I don’t completely understand what you mean, but I think I’m not that far off.
Well, that’s something set by the JSQMessages library. Before you change anything concerning that JSQMessages, make sure you have at least understood the very basics of it. Reading through the Github page of JSQMessagesViewController should be of great help.
The timestamp is set in the ESChatView.m file. Head to that file and change the following method:
- (NSAttributedString *)collectionView:(JSQMessagesCollectionView *)collectionView attributedTextForCellTopLabelAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
if (indexPath.item % 3 == 0)
JSQMessage *message = messages[indexPath.item];
return [[JSQMessagesTimestampFormatter sharedFormatter] attributedTimestampForDate:message.date];
else return nil;
to something that matches your plans. E.g: if you want to have it displayed every 5 messages, change the modulo 3 divisor (% 3) to modulo 5 (% 5). If you want to have it displayed after every single message, simply exchange the 3 with a 1 or comment out the if-else statement such that you return the timestamp everytime.
You also need to change the JSQMessage flow layout. In the same file, change the following method:
- (CGFloat)collectionView:(JSQMessagesCollectionView *)collectionView
layout:(JSQMessagesCollectionViewFlowLayout *)collectionViewLayout heightForCellTopLabelAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
if (indexPath.item % 3 == 0)
else return 0;
to exactly the same modulo number than before (e.g. 5 or 1). If you want to have it displayed every single time, you can set it to 1 or, again, simply comment out the if else statement and return kJSQMessagesCollectionViewCellLabelHeightDefault every single time.
Please not that you have to adjust BOTH methods. The first one gives you the specific timestamp, the second one sets the height for the view in which the timestamp is placed.
how can I put a background image in the chat? Now visualize the white background! I would change it with my image as a background.
Because when I delete a user’s conversation and reopen the messages inside remain but are not eliminated? HOW CAN I REMOVE THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION?
This is simply not a supported feature. If you want to implement this, you can do it on your own, even without much experience in coding. The trick is to not entirely delete the messages from the database, but only not show them to the user who wanted to delete the chat. The other user should still see the messages, so you can’t delete them entirely.
Also, please stop caps locking your messages. That’s just very rude and doesn’t help in solving your questions and feature requests.
1. add the profile editing function, change name, last name, city and phone number, as the image number 1
2. Add option to change your account password. as photo number 2
3. add chat archive as photo number 3.
PS: THE PICTURE NUMBER 3 FA SEE HOW THEY SEE THE SECTIONS OF PROFILE CHANGE, CHANGE PASSWORD AND ARCHIVE CHAT. INSERT YOUR OWN THESE SECTIONS.
Photo number 1: http://s16.imagestime.com/out.php/i1108261_IMG6136.jpg
Photo number 2: http://s16.imagestime.com/out.php/i1108262_IMG6137.jpg
Photo number 3: http://s16.imagestime.com/out.php/i1108263_IMG6138.jpg
when you change your profile pictures in chats section is not updated, it remains the one prior to that date. fix! and where you change your profile picture does not respond well, you have to press several times to give consent to change the photo.
I see this delay, too. Will investigate this.
For the other part: If I change my profile picture, it is instantly changed in all my chats. It is, however, not necessarily changed for other users instantly, and this may take some time due to caching. Remember that this is a project that should be sustainable with very little server costs, so caching is very important. But caching means that such changes don’t necessarily propagate instantly. So you either scale down caching which increases server costs, but allows such tiny changes related to a user to propagate faster, or you accept the caching and are able to have a minimum of server costs.
Also, I am beginning to be somewhat annoyed by your requests. This is not a support page where you can state some wishes and have it implemented after a few days. If you want a new feature to be implemented, the very least is to ask kindly for it and not to simply write down a wishlist in caps lock and expect me to follow your wishes. I am very open to new suggestions and I will happily implement new features, but I want you to understand that this is sort of a good-will act from my side. I am not required to implement any new feature, but I understand that some of them will really benefit the app. And those that benefit the app, will be implemented. And as this is a service provided for free, I expect you to show some kindness. I don’t expect you to thank me a thousand times, but I simply also don’t want to read a wishlist, paired with some caps locked comments. Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t want you to stop your requests, but this simply appears very rude from your side when sending them in this format.
That said, I already told you that I won’t implement an editing function, neither for the profile picture, nor for the profile itself. The only thing I might implement is changing the name, as this is something I imagine other users might also need and it definitely benefits the app.
The password changing option, however, is a good idea. Will see how fast I can do this.
A chat archive is not on my list, and won’t appear anytime soon.
Hope I cleared this up somewhat. Please let me know if you have further questions.
I’m sorry if I appear rude, but I did not come to you this impression of me. They are very nice and polite. I just want to suggest some changes to do and if you want to implement. I’m sorry! What was wondering, it is how do I implement a background as background conversations, alone. not to deploy in its app … thanks a lot is still sorry. I do not want to be rude!
Don’t worry, just wanted to tell you …
So you want to know how to implement a background in a chat window? Well, I could explain it in detail, but I think the JSQMessageViewController help page on github might suit you better. As an example, here is one thread that achieves exactly this: https://github.com/jessesquires/JSQMessagesViewController/issues/63
Thanks so much! look with joy your luxchat update to see new stuff! I embrace you soon!
hello eric what you think if you enter the encryption end-to-end, and private chat? Would be a good idea You know already will be released when the next update? : P
As regards to the bottom I’m failing .. then I will see in the future….
No ETA yet, for the next update, but it will be released at latest in 2 weeks. Encryption is, in some sense, already included because every server connection is secured and encrypted. One could, however, push this a little further, that’s indeed a cool idea.
Hello alone can not enter the background in the chat, you help me? Kindly..
And when I go to change profile photo, the command does not respond right away. but you have to press several times to run the command. why?
I greet you and I embrace Gian
Please let me know where you’re stuck, I thought the link I gave you was pretty self-explanatory.
Concerning your profile changing issue: that is indeed a bug that will be fixed with the next update!
Eric I have the app installed with the profile of the developer, but after one week that I installed the app opens and closes only, it will be because the user with a developer profile on the iphone or is there some bugs? I consider that I have not the apple developer profile from 99 € per year. You tell me. Thanks so much
So the app is crashing upon opening it? Well, I can’t say it for sure, but I’d say that it is very unlikely that this is caused by some developer profile issue. It is more likely that something changed in your backend, which is now incompatible with your version of the app. Maybe your developer changed something in the data or in the settings on Firebase/Parse which would require a fresh install of the app?
Simple solution, try reinstalling the latest version of the app and check whether the issue still exists or not.
advice for the next update .. INSERT this https://github.com/jessesquires/JSQMessagesViewController/issues/2048
Eric when I install the new app works 100%. After one week I do not edit or update the app happens to me that you open the application but then closes itself.
hello Eric would also be nice to implement this form of audio listening without the need to open to force the player to Apple! I hug you
how can I add the verified account badge next all’username?
The audio player is a great idea, however it is quite difficult to change the JSQMessagesViewController to adapt to this whilst keeping the possibility to easily implement provided updates to JSQMessages.
A verified badge next to a username should be doable with a very simple UIImageView that you put next to the username
one of the best, polite, thoughtful authors i have seen. thanks for setting a good example.
Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate them. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
you’re welcome. not sure if this has been answered already, but are u considering an android version? would be great to have a complete solution.
Not at the moment, but it may change in the future:-)
Hello, I do not understand why in all versions specify that updates the file to edit and the version 1.14 does not say which files change, please tell me you want to change the files in order to submit the reset password feature in version 1.14?
thank you so much
It’s extremely cumbersome to list all the changed files. The easiest way is to simply use FileMerge, a program that is included with XCode, in order to spot the differences!:-)
I have trouble. In Xcode I choose “automatically manage signing” and getting error…. An Application Group with Identifier ‘group.eric.MessengerApp.com’ is not available. Please enter a different string.
What is a application group??? How Why do I change it?? Thanks
Please excuse the delay, I am on vacation…;-)
To solve your issue, simply choose another group identifier and replace it!:-)
Let me knownif you have more issues.
why not implement this wonderful open source in your project? good advice about it in my opinion! Then assess yourself if it’s worth it or not! let me know eric! thanks so much for everything
This is the project: https://github.com/wireapp o visit www.wire.com
I’ll have a look at it!:-)
let me know if you want to implement this project in your project www.wire.com
hey buddy hope u r doing well.
1. regarding the help user, unfortunately, i cannot find anything in the documentation that mentions it. i looked at your support tab here and i am not sure which database you’re referring to—since there is the firebase one and the back4app one. in any case, i checked both databases and i could not find the specialuser field you were referring to. if u can guide me as to where to go to get this done, it would be great.
2. how is the push notification supposed to work when it comes to sound? i do not hear any sounds when for example one phone is closed and i send a message to the user on that phone. no sound is heard. also when i pick up the phone and touch the home button, i do not see any notice that a message was sent. i see the badge increase in number though.
so i guess my question is how is the push supposed to work?
3. this is also related to question #2. when i go to parse dashboard and try to send a push notification, it doesnt get sent. i have pushes that i sent since 2 days ago and they are still sitting in the “sending” stage. i have my ios certicates and .p12 keys already uploaded to parse. i also uploaded the two files to the cloud code section just as the documentation says.
4. how can i increase the length of videos that can be sent? i tried increasing the integer 10 from EConstants.h file but that didnt seem to change anything.
5. regarding splash pages, how can i add a splash page that i have already designed in fireworks to the project?
thanks for your time and have a good weekend!
I am on vacation right now, so please excuse any typos. Also, I will be able to help you in greater detail as soon as I have access to my computer again.
Nonetheless, here are some answers that hopefully solve most of your questions.
1. Sorry for the confusion. You have to create a new text field called “specialUser” in the userclass in the Parse dashboard if that field doesn’t exist already. Then simply set your help user
2. Push notifications should work as any other push notification on your device i.e. they should appear on the lockscreen as well as banner on the homescreen and the icon badge should gradually increase. Now, as you mention sound; I am not sure that this might be a bug I have introduced when back4app fully supported push notifications. I will check this as soon as I am back, but if you want, you can check if you can find any mention of a soundfile in the push notification code (check the .js files as well as the client code on XCode).
3. If everything is setup properly, pushes should work as usual. Anything else hints to a setup problem. The fact that your parse test pushes don’t get sent is a hint that something isn’t correct in your setup. Check that you have uploaded valid development and production certificates to back4app and that your devices are registering properly to pushes in the parse dashboard. Make a clean and a reinstall to check if the registration really works. Test pushes sent from the dashboard will only work if your setup is correct. If the test pushes don’t work, the message pushes won’t either.
4. The problem is the maximal file size of back4app. This is where the 10 seconds limit comes from. Increasing it would mean you have to store a bigger file than actually allowed by back4app. This means you would have to implement some chopping and reassembling procedure. Reducing the time should however work.
5. I don’t know if I understood you well. Simply delete the launchscreen.xib and use your own splash screens. Tutorials on integrating and naming them can be found in huge numbers on stackoverflow and similar sites.
Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if you have more questions. And as already said, as soon as I am back, I will be able to check your push setup (you will need to add me as a developer to your projects temporarily).
eric, in your pushnotification.js file there is sound file reference: sound : “105.caf”,
would that be the sound that is supposed to play?
i have everything else setup correctly. apple push certs and parse stuff as well. it’s strange that it’s not working as expected.
Yes, that’s the sound file! Please check that it is indeed in the downloaded bundle:-)
Hi eric, have you watched the wire.com project a bit? Are you going to implement it in your project?
I had a look at it, yes. I put it on my list for future updates, but I’m unsure when I will implement it, so it won’t be for the immediate future.
Hi Erick, a couple of questions:
1.- How can users be deleted from a group?
2.- How can I add administrators to a group that have the rights to add more users?
3.- How is it done to do a monthly cleaning on the servers (back4app / FireBase) to not be saving so much data, images, etc.
4.- do you plan to update the app to be in swiftcode latest version?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work