This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Hello, can we define 1 latlong once map is first loaded (instead of loading all markers and clusters). Or load/link the map to 1 existing marker Thank you
Yes, you can define basic latlng value with center option. All available options can be found here: link.
Solved. I just added 1 new json file in difFiles (top of the list).
We wanted to understand if it provided the ability to search withing a specific distance i.e. Vineyard within 10 miles of Prague.
Does it provide the following capabilities.
At the moment we don’t have option to specify the search distance. Though you can limit results range on the map by setting minimum and maximum map zoom values.
Hi, any chance we’ll see a streetview link added to the window popup (opens within same page – not like get direction)? Thanks
To enable street view, just grab this icon: screenshot and drop it at the selected area of the map.
well, that’s the lazy way. Another way is to add a link inside the popup of a marker, similar to “get direction” but embeded. It’s also more accurate and straightforward. http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&cbll=43.053522,-76.165687
Hi, the plugin looks very good. One question: can i add more informations to the location, for example, Opening ours, more text, more links or ththlth?
Thank You Frank
It is possible to achieve it by adding new fields for this information in the json file, and by adding changes to shop-locator.js so you will be able to display this new information in the info window for the marker.
Hi, I am talking on behalf of my client: The map is not displaying and visible only on screen resize. Can you please let me know why is this happening and how we can fix this.
The issue on your site isn’t created by our plugin, but because the map is inside a tab that doesn’t allow it to load after activating it. Here you will find some suggestions how this problem can be solved.
Is there a way I can use this with Shopify? We are in need of a store locator, but I do not want to pay monthly for one. This looks like it should be able to do what we need to do. Thanks!
Thanks! I’ll give it a try and let you know how it goes. I really like how you have made this locator.
Great to hear that! Thanks
Hi createit-support team,
I downloaded the code and I ran the example.html file.
Unfortunately, I found several errors.
1) The page loads only one map at a time.
For example, to load map 2 I need to go to the example.js file and change the css selector: $ (”. FirstExample”). ShopLocator
$ (”. First2Example”). ShopLocator
2) The images of the markers do not appear! These images do not appear for any of the DIVs (thirdExample, fourthExample, ...)
3) Some errors are displayed in the Google Chrome Developer Console tab.
3.1) Error 1:
XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
3.2) Error 2:
3.3) Error 3:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///E:/Lab/storelocator/example/src/dependences/markerclusterer.js?_=1496795312073. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
3.4) Error 4:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///E:/Lab/storelocator/example/src/dependences/infobubble.js?_=1496795312074. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
Please help me with this.
Sorry about the problem with our script! Our support team is available at the dedicated support forum http://createit.support/ Guys will be more than happy to help you there – just start a new ticket.
Below you will find some answers but to help you with other problems we will need access to your website, so please use the support forum.
1. This is exactly how it works on our demo. You can use only one style of the map at the time by changing its CSS selector.
2. We will need access to your website to check whether paths to the markers images are consistent with their directory on your server.
3. I can’t recreate this on our demo, please contact our support team at http://createit.support/
3.1. Please take a look in our Knowledge Base about generating API Key for Google maps: http://createit.support/knowledgebase/html-api-key/
3.3/3.4 It looks like these two files are loaded via http instead of https – we can fix this directly to your website – just provide your website information when starting a new support ticket.
So I ran the page on my local machine.
Since example.html is an HTML code, not using PHP, I do not think it’s necessary to have a server on the internet, right?
I simply unzipped the files and ran the example.html page
Why should not this work on my local machine?
Chrome isn’t supporting E:// which stays true to the error message you send us. I would suggest you to use Firefox instead to open the files (it shouldn’t have this problems) or by using localhost.
The code works in Firefox! It’s beautiful!
The code does not run on Chrome on the local machine only, right?
What I want to know is, if I upload code to a web server will it work in Chrome?
Yes, the code will work on Chrome browser when it will updated on server
Ok, thanks for your help, createit-support team!
can you help me with one problem ?
I display the map on my website but on the JS console I find this error.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Autocomplete’ of undefined
I don’t understand why, I have already change all the path to json file.
Please contact our support forum at http://createit.support/ or by e-mail: email@example.com with details how to access your website so we could check this. Our team will gladly help you there.
Hi, great plugin. Few questions.
1) Any possibility to get to current location?
2) Search from Text in location information?
3) Disable store list?
4) Categorize pins/locations and filter from categories?
5) Different looking pins for different categories?
6) Custom pins?
Im extremely sorry for the trouble. But im looking for a plugin and your plugin is one of the best looking plugins. But above requirements are must. Appreciate your quick response.
Thanks and Regards,
1) jQuery Shop Locator doesn’t have this functionality added at the moment, but we are working on adding this feature in next update of the plugin.
2) The Search option used in this plugin will search via geographical searches only.
3) The store list can be disabled via one of avaliable options.
4) Categories can be created in this plugin. Each category is created via a different json file. Here you can check example with two categories: First region and Second region (Example)
5) You can add different pin for the locations visible on the map. In our documentation you will find instruction how you can achieve it.
6) Yes, you can add custom pins to our plugin.
Hi, appreciate if you can let me know (1) when will the next update with geo-location-center option will release? (2) can i disable the search box? (3) by categories i meant in same location. Like Banks and Schools? Also i want to use different looking pins for different categories. If what you say (regions) are same like categories, can we change it to check boxes? Like show all, show only schools, show only banks? Thank you, Rom
1) Update with this feature will be ready at the end of next week.
2) Yes, you can disable the search box
3) The regions as you can see on our demo will show all markers from chosen region at once, so if you have school and bank in the same location you will see only the marker from the chosen region (category).
This plugin doesn’t have option to set markers depending on the category (region) the location is added to. By adding some small changes in the code (everything is explained in plugin documentation) you will be able to add custom marker for each place on your map, so if you want you can add one type of marker for locations from the same category.
Our plugin don’t have option to switch drop down to checkboxes but it can be achieved via custom development.
Hi, thanks for your response. Few more,
1) Any possibility to select “All Locations” in categories? and view all locations from all categories at once?
2) When clicking on a location (marker), the map centers to its location and views the info box. Info box pop-out animation is great. Any possibility to add a slow drag like animation for centering the map, without suddenly getting it centered?
3) Customizing info box? Any possibility to display more info in infobox? Can add all locations from 1 json/xml file?
4) Any possibility to display more info in Location list? like, address? And may be display only the locations from currently viewing area? (Say, we geolocate the location, and the map is centered and zoomed to it. Only 3 stores are available in the currently viewing area, so displaying only those 3 will be sufficient i believe. If the user zoom-out for more locations or update the viewing are manually, the store list should update accordingly)
Really sorry for the trouble,
1) The plugin can show all locations in a region chosen and you can add all the location together by placing all location in one region together.
2)These animations currently could not be shown onto google maps
3)Addition for more info is possible it is explained how in the documentation
4)The information about location is currently showing only once you press on the location. In the future we might update the functionality of the plugin.
Thank you so much for clearing things out. It really is helping a lot.
I tried many plugins alike, but truly yours works best. specially in mobile. Thank you so much for making such an amazing plugin which works smooth in pc and mobile both.
So, as you say, i can have many regions in same map, which i will be using more like an category selector. Say i have 2 categories, Cinemas and Hotels, I can have 3 regions, 1st is ‘All Places’, 2nd ‘Cinemas’ and 3rd is ‘Hotels’. Selecting each will show the said locations.
1) I want to use RED markers for hotels and BLUE markers for cinemas, As you said, this is achievable. But can i put multi color markers in ‘All Places’ region/category (which im hoping to copy all other into this section)?
2) Can i use 1 json file for all markers? Are links to markers (since i will be using different markers in different categories) to be set in json file? Will having so much data slow it?
3) In mobile, you cant pinch to zoom or drag the map, can we enable those options to work in mobile as well? At least drag the map using 2 fingers?
4) Can i completely hide the sidebar and make the map fill the screen?
Truly, no matter i try to find a plugin with said options, they dont work well like yours. I go around and come back to you. Im waiting for my new credit card and hopefully by Monday, i will be trying all this in my own.
Sorry for the trouble…
1) I am not sure if I understand this question correctly. You are able to add custom markers to each position added to json file. You don’t have to use one marker in each json file because they are set per location not category.
2) Each json file will create one category so it is impossible to have many categories and only one json file.
3) Movement of the map are blocked on mobile because othervise you will not be able to scroll the site below the map or at least it would be a lot harder if the option to drag the map would be active. But by adding some changes to the code it is possible to active it again.
4) Yes it is possible to do via avaliable options. Here link you will find styles that are avaliable for the map.
Hi guys, any update on Auto Geo-locate feature?
Hello, great work.
When I change the name folder example to a new one, circles on maps won’t be shown only numbers. how to fix it. thanks
Circles on the map can be edited with options available under: ‘Cluster’ list, here: http://shoplocator.createit.pl/options.html So please make sure that paths to cluster icons are correct.
In case of additional problems with that feel free to contact our support team at http://createit.support so we could help you.
Hi, quick pre-sale question – Thinking about using your plugin in a silverstripe site but we wouldn’t need to use json files for the location data but would instead use silverstripe snippets to populate the address as well as the infobubble content. Would this be possible? Cheers
Unfortunately our script works with JSON database only. Using different format of data would require custom changes inside the script core. But from the silverstripe documentation it looks like you are able to export some data to JSON, please take a look here: http://api.silverstripe.org/en/3.1/class-JSONDataFormatter.html
Of course it’s hard to say whether JSON generated this way will have proper (compatible with our script) format. You can see how it should look like to work with our script in this JSON preview: https://createit.support/html-documentation/shoplocator/#doc-17498
Is it easy to use with iframe or similar. Is it repsonsive? I have mysql data, so is it easy to use with this?
Can I replace Region 1, Region2, etc… by categories, for example?
Markers data can be defined/edited with JSON file. Please take a look at example json file: https://createit.support/html-documentation/shoplocator/#doc-17498
Displayed category name (like Region 1, Region 2) defined for each marker group can be edited in plugin settings, screenshot: http://prntscr.com/haoq2o
Hello,i have a question. Is it possible to show an image to the infobubble? I would like to use a small image on all the markers. Also i would like to rearrange the information there in two columns.
Yes, there is option to add there an image and also to edit the infoBubble look.
You will be able to achieve both by going to shop-locator.js file where the ingoBubble content can be edited (img)
To be able to use images there please add to shop-locator.js file an extra reference (it will be used in .json file):
And also please add the code to infoBubble content like you can see in this example.
This way the image added to the json file will be visible on the page (example).
If you will still have problems with adding the changes, please contact our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be more than happy to help you there.
We have to zoom in when we click in a point of sale in order to see the exact location of each of them. How can we do this?
Could you please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com or our site: https://createit.support/ and send us credentials to your site so we will be able to check this problem there. Our support team will be more than happy to help you.
I have sendet you a email 3 days ago
I was able to find two of the e-mail messages you send to us. Both of them have been answered by our suport team. This messages recived numers 8167424 and 0296755. If you didn’t recived our messages via e-mail please go to https://createit.support/helpdesk/en where you will be able to read them using suport’s ‘track a ticket’ option.
How to enable ssl into this js? Becouse when i have add into .htacess is displayed blank screen
Unfortunately we weren’t able to recreate this type of error using SSL.
Could you please send to us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or our site: https://createit.support/ link to your site and (if possible) ftp access? We need this data to check what causes the issue.
It looks like you are using incorrect longitude and latitude in shop-locator.js file (img).
Lat/long used on your site will show this section of the map (img) when according to the position of your markers it should be: 6.92501579, 79.86697953 instead(img)
chrome its working but Firefox not working but chrome must refresh with Ctrk + F5
It seems that you are having a problem that we are not able to recreate on our demo site right now.
Could you please send to us via e-mail: email@example.com or our site: https://createit.support/ link to your site and (if possible) FTP access? We need this data to check what causes the issue.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $4
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work