WebViewGold. The WebView solution that just works.
- Full iOS App Template – no coding required
- Works with any web app/website that works on Safari browser
- Submit your app to the Apple App Store easily (or use our App Publishing Service)
- Optimized for exceptional performance (up to 2x faster than UIWebView apps)
- 100% ready for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, Swift 5.6, and Xcode 14
- Support for Apple App Tracking Transparency (including User Tracking Decision API)
- Universal App Design: Optimized for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad lineups
- Easy: Just define your current web app address/URL (or your local HTML folder), and WebViewGold takes care of the rest!
- Your app content is always up-to-date automatically
- Optional fallback switch mode: Use local HTML folder if the user is offline, and use the remote URL if the user is online
- Native Loading Spinner/iOS Activity Indicator while loading your web app
- Display a Splash Screen (e.g., containing animated GIFs) until the first page was loaded completely
- Smart Performance Cache Mechanism
- Pull To Refresh Functionality
- Take Screenshot API
- App Version Check API
- Social Login Support (“Login with Google” and “Login with Facebook”)
- Native Swipe Gesture Navigation Support
- Offline Screen with “Try again” button and Auto Reconnect if your app can’t connect to your URL
- File Uploads & Camera Uploads supported
- Support for uploading multiple files in HTML upload forms
- GPS Location / HTML Geolocation supported (without further permission request if triggered via button or link)
- Option to prevent the device from going to sleep mode while the app is active
- HTML 5 Audio supported – even if your app is in background mode
- URL Handling: Define which URLs should be opened in Safari instead of your app (ideal for external links, e.g., Facebook/Twitter)
- Language Detection: Append the user system language to the WebView URL
- Custom Status Bar Color Design
- Custom Safe Area/Bottom Bar Color
- iOS Dark Mode Support
- Define customized, separated User-Agents for iPhone and iPad devices
- Downloader for PDF, ePub, Wallet, Documents, and Music Files (using “Open with” dialog; add unlimited file types that should trigger the built-in file downloader)
- Image Saving API (save images directly to Photos app)
- Optional Tab Functionality with additional In-App-Browser (by calling top.location or top.location.href links)
- Print documents: Just link to a .pdf file and iOS will offer the AirPrint option in “Open with…“ dialog
- In-App Purchases & In-App Subscriptions API (Extended License required)
- Native Sharing Dialog API
- iCal Calendar API
- UUID API
- Powerful QR Code Scanner API
- NFC (Near Field Communication) integration possible (sold separately)
- “Reset the app” API (clear cookies and cache of your user via link)
- First Run Dialog (e.g. “Thanks for downloading this app!”)
- In-App App Store Rating Dialog
- “Follow on Facebook” Dialog
- Option to append individual OneSignal/Firebase push user IDs to the web page URL to assign unique push tokens to the user on the server side
- Support for AdMob Banner & Full-Screen Interstitial Ads
- Support for Facebook Full-Screen Interstitial Ads
- Universal Links (possibility to easily configure a link scheme like webviewgold:// which can be triggered from Mail app, Safari app, ... and opens the attached link in the WebView app)
- Define custom CSS classes (that will be injected into your web app code while loading in the app built with WebViewGold)
- Your app built with WebViewGold will save all cookies (including login session cookies) until they expire (this is defined by your server/your site)
- All kinds of web apps/websites supported (including HTML, PHP, WordPress, Progressive Web Apps, HTML 5 Games, ...)
- Free updates
- ...and much more! Check all features of our WebViewGold WebView app template and convert your web app into an iOS (or Android/macOS) app today!
What is WebViewGold?
WebViewGold is an innovative no-code WebView app template for Xcode designed to make things easier for you: Create your own apps for iOS easily using your existing web apps. Create your own apps for iPhone & iPad with just a few clicks and without any understanding of code. Use your mobile web app as the basis, and the WebViewGold app template wraps your URL content into a real, native iOS app! No more coding, no more plugins needed, it just works.
How will my app look like?
Your app will work as a full-screen browser. All the changes you have done on your website will be applied to your iOS app immediately. Users will navigate your web app exactly as your web app on iOS Safari Browser without the browser interface. Please take a look at our example apps.
Do I need any coding skills?
No. WebViewGold is a 100%-ready app template, and the setup of your app works without any understanding of coding. Just insert your website address, and you are done. Documentation and free updates are included.
Will Apple approve this app for the Apple App Store?
Yes, WebViewGold comes with an Apple App Store approval guarantee. Take a look at our example apps. However, make sure that your app content does not contradict the legal requirements of the Apple App Store. If Apple rejects your WebView app, we can offer you a full refund of the WebViewGold license (by claiming within 14 days after purchase). Feel free to send all the details to email@example.com – we are happy to help you.
What do I need, what are the requirements?
WebViewGold is a 100% ready full app template. You need to have an existing web app or website that you want to convert into an app. Afterward, just download the WebViewGold app template and follow the easy step-by-step documentation. For iOS, the latest Xcode app (running on your own Mac or MacInCloud.com) is needed. For an App Store app submission, a developer account from Apple is required. No coding knowledge is required.
Will my app work offline?
If you provide a local HTML folder, yes. If your web content is hosted on a website, your app will display a beautiful Offline screen with a “Try again” button instead. Moreover, WebViewGold offers a fallback mode that uses an HTML folder if the user is offline, and uses a remote URL if the user is online.
What’s new in the latest update?
Please check the changelog here.
Can you create an individual demo app for me?
Unfortunately, we cannot build custom apps as a demo. But your app will look and work like your web app in Safari (iOS). If this is not the case, you get a 100% refund of your money paid for the WebViewGold license (by claiming within 14 days after purchase). We want you to see us as a partner you can always rely on – even in the unlikely case of trouble with the Apple App Store Review Team. Please check out the example apps.
How can I ensure that my web app/website has a great, app-like user experience that satisfies my future app users?
Please consider a professional User Experience/UX Review on UXreviewer.io or similar services. Such a UX review with suggestions for improvement helps you to achieve better customer retention for your website, web app, and app.
Can you help me with the App Store submission process / publishing with Apple?
Yes, support for specific questions or problems during the publishing process is free (terms and conditions apply). Or choose the publishing service from appsubmitter.io.
Do you have a refund policy?
Yes! If Apple rejects your app, we offer you a full refund of your WebViewGold license (by claiming within 14 days after purchase).
Can I contact you if I need custom app solutions?
Yes, at any time. We create transparent quotes for high-quality apps, and we use the best tools (like Slack) for collaborating on joint projects.