Google Custom Search Magento ExtesionUse Google Custom Search to improve your store search result and also your rank in google.
Search is an important part of many websites. When users are unable to find the content they’re looking for through navigation, a lot of the time they will turn to search. This is why it is crucial to have a powerful search engine returning relevant results on your website. Luckily, Google makes it really easy to add a customized search experience through Google Custom Search.
Google Custom Search Engine (Google CSE) enables site owners to define their own search engines for their website. Google custom search integration extention helps to integrate Google CSE to your store and enhance search functionality. It will also helps for SEO. Adding Google Search extensions helps your store become more Search Engine Friendly. This extention works in Multi-store environments. And improve your google search result with images. All you need to fill up Search Engine Unique ID. Admin can enable/disable Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster. Admin can also enable/disable web search or image search and also set the layout of your search engine i.e. Full width or Result only. Also specifies the layout of the image search results page with acceptable value like classic, column, or popup.
- Helps to increase SEO for your site
- Use Google Search Algorithms
- Works in Multi-store environments
- Improve your google search result with images
- Setup the Google Custom Search Engine to search through multiple websites of yours
- Set search result page layout like-
- 1 column
- 2 columns with left bar
- 2 columns with right bar
- 3 columns
- Set the layout of your search engine like-
- Full Width
- Result Only
- Specifies the layout of the image search results page like-
- Customize the No. of records per page
- Enable/disable Web Search or Image Search
- Easy replacement with your in-built search functionality
- Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster
- Enable Order By dropdown from admin
- Apply CSS to Google custom search result page from backend
- No core files changes
Note: Please take backup of your Magento installation (files and database) before install/update any extension.
1) Download the extension’s .ZIP file.
2) Extract .ZIP file from magento root directory.
3) Clear Cache
4) Go to System -> Configuration -> Kerss Tech -> Google Custom Search Integration
Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
For more details please read our Documentation
If you have any suggestions on how to improve this item please let us know! We will be happy to consider any suggestion and appreciate your efforts. We will go through all your feedback weekly and pick the most requested features to be included in a future update!
- Initial release