Note that Google is discontinuing Google site Search as of April 1, 2017. Because of that I will no longer support this plugin as of March 1, 2018.
The Google Custom Search for WordPress Plugin is an advanced WordPress Search Plugin with an On-Demand-Index and On-Demand-Removal Functionality. Enhance your WordPress website with the search engine that you need. Delivering top quality search results powered by Google. Say hello to the Google Custom Search for WordPress Plugin.
Use the Power of GoogleVisitors to your blog will find what they are looking for quicker than if you don’t have this plugin installed.
On-Demand-Index FunctionalityWith this Google‘s addressing the need to provide fast indexing for your important, frequently-changing content within 24 hours – often much faster. (Please note that this function is currently de-activated as it’s no longer possible to directly connect to the API. I will provide a fix as soon as I have a solution for that. Thanks for your patience.).
Extended Layout SettingsChange columns, Auto search, the query parameter, Safe Search, Autocomplete, Default refinements and many more. You can even add your custom CSS.
Easy Theme IntegrationMany themes have their own styled custom search form fields. You can easily replace them within the settings page of the Custom Search Plugin.
Automatic UpdatesGet automatic updates whenever we make changes right from your WordPress administration panel. No need to update manually.
Custom CSS & HTMLAdd any CSS to layout the search page and/or customize the search form so that it fits your needs.
Detailed LogsSee your available removal and indexing quotas as well as a detailed log which describes what the plugin did during the last time.
Watch the Installation Video
Support & Testimonials
- Our plugins are made in Germany by a German engineer.
- All technical requests regarding the plugin will end up in the engineers email account not in asia or anywhere else.
- You will get support from the guy who wrote the plugin.
- Maybe this are the reasons why our customers are so satisfied.
- “Dear WP-Buddy, WOW, thanks so much for super service and great product.”
- “Thanks WP-Buddy for listening to your buyers. Great support thanks again.”
- “Thank you so much for the briefing. Awesome services.”
- “I just found your plugin on Code Canyon, I love the quality of it and it shows you have great talent.”
- “Thanks a lot for the help and support mate. It seems good after testing… please let me know u have anymore products for sale or in pipline lol”
- “Thanks SO MUCH for taking time and writing to me the valuable information about snippets.”
WordPress 4.7 support!Yes, the latest version is WordPress 4.7 ready!
- In case you need a plugin to work with any special WordPress theme, please ask us before your purchase.
- This plugin requires: PHP5.3 running on your webserver (if you don’t know how to update to the latest version, read this),
- a WordPress Version higher or equal 3.6
- a Google Account and
- a ready-to-use Google Custom Search engine (which is free in the basic version).
- If you want to replace the search field that is built-in in your theme (mostly in the header of your webpage) you have to ask your theme author if s/he integrates the form using the common searchform.php. If not, the Google Custom Search for WP Plugin cannot replace it!
- This only works with either a Google Custom Search or a Sitesearch engine.
- The On-Demand-Index and On-Demand-Removal functionality will not work with Googles Web-Engine. It only works with Googles Custom- and/or Sitesearch.
- The difference between Sitesearch and CustomSearch is that the latter is free (and contains ads) where the first costs at least 100 USD a year (click here for more information on Google’s prices).
1.2.10 (Dec. 14, 2016)
- Fix: AutoSearchOnLoad did not work.
- Fix: Title were replaced on menu item
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.7
1.2.9 (Aug. 16, 2016)
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.6.
- Removed Newsletter and Social-Media metabox from the settings page.
- Updated “about us” metabox on the settings page.
- Update language translations.
1.2.8 (May 24, 2016)
- Removed the overlay so that users can remove their Google credentials
- Updated language files
1.2.7 (Apr. 11, 2016)
- Fixed an issue where WordPress printend a deprecated warning
- General compatibility to WordPress 4.5
1.2.6 (Jan. 27, 2016)
1.2.5 (Nov. 30, 2015)
- Faded out login form as it’s currently not possible to use it
- General compatibility with WordPress 4.4
1.2.4 (Sept. 04, 2015)
- Compatibility: Changed search_term_string variable name for Google Site links so that it works together with Yoasts SEO plugin.
1.2.3 (Aug. 31, 2015)
- Removed PHP closures to support hhvm
1.2.2 (Jan. 26, 2015)
- Fix: menu items hold the search title
- Click here for a full version history.