Important note. Since 2016/06/22 an free API KEY is required to use google map, google place and others services from google : http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.fr/2016/06/building-for-scale-updates-to-google.html
Once your key is created click here (while still logged in your Google Account) to activate the required services (places library) : ” rel=”nofollow”>https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/places_backend?project=
Google Address Autocomplete for WooCommerce simplifies the checkout process helping your customers to enter their address with the Google Places suggest API. You make them save time and prevent typing errors.
Demo is available here : http://www.mbcreation.com/checkout/#customer_details
Please consider trying it with countries you are making business with and feel free to alert us on misfunctionnement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation ready. For now, translated in English, French, Spanish, Hungarian, Dutch, Russian.
Since the plugin relies on the Google API we can’t guarantee it will work for 100% of your customers. But they will still have – of course – the ability to type their address the old way.
Under the hood (a.k.a how it works) :
- The plugin regroups and hides the components of the address : address_1, address_2, city, state, postcode, country.
- It adds a new “Address field” based on Google Places API.
- The user begins to type his address, Google completes it.
- The user chooses the correct address among Google suggestions.
- The hidden fields appears, automatically fielded with the Google’s informations.
The customer can now go to payment right away !
– All new installation requires a free API KEY from Google – Add an option input to set the API KEY. In WooCommerce general settings.
– New Zealand state fix – Filter to restrict the country
– MX states
– Automatic updater
– Bugfix on italian addresses
– Improvement for specific netherlands and bresilian addresses fields trough filters
– Resolve a conflict with FastClick used by some themes
(2015-05-21) version 1.10
– Specific case for South Korea
– Filter to force the language of the Google dropdown
– Link to toggle the address details
(2015-04-21) version 1.9
– South Africa bugfix
– Hungarian translation
(2015-03-19) version 1.8
– Don’t fill address 2 for US addresses
– Better support of UK counties
– Prevent Chrome autofill suggestion
– Add a filter to deactivate autocomplete on billing address
– Add Neighborhood in address 2 if provided by Google (relevant for Mexico and other latin america countries)
– Support of missing checkout fields (default address fields removed by filter)
(01/29/2015) Version 1.5 :
– WooCommerce 2.3 compatibility
(01/15/2015) – Version 1.4 :
– Fix : Corrects an issue with virtual products
– Fix : Corrects spanish states
– Improvement : Add spanish translation
– Improvement : Add back-end notification for updates
More plugin for WooCommerce in our collection