The following plugin enhances and kinda revolutionizes the experience of posting videos in WordPress. Now, it is possible to enable commenting chosen scenes of your video straight in your site (be it a blog, webinar, training etc.). All thanks to a plugin that integrates with clips from YouTube, Vimeo and directly via the WordPress media catalog.
Do you have your own trainings in web?
Your participants can ask you a question about a specific fragment. They can simply choose the beginning and the end of their query so you don’t have to guess what do they mean anymore. You can get down to the core of the problem and answer swiftly.
Are you a video blogger?
In WordPress and our plugin you can double the benefit – an appealing, traditional blogging system, now extended with convenient video features – the plugin will allow you to get in touch with your visitors in another dimension. Have an interactive thought exchange right around your videos!
Are you a creative video or animation maker?
Now, your visitors and followers can comment your creations, scene after scene, relate to specific part of your art and polemicize with others in just one click.
Do you publish family videos on your blog?
Now, your family will be able to comment on the chosen scenes and parts. They can also discuss them and enhance their experience, easily finding the commented fragments.
How is all that possible?
Check out GOCHA Video Comment and its functionalities – this WordPress plugin integrates the comment system with videos published on your blog or website. It has never been easier.
- Connects your video files with your WordPress comment system
- NEW! two modes of comment mechanics – general commenting of a wider section of a movie; or a precise point of a video for better accuracy
- NEW! wide support for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, Google Drive, Dropbox and integrated WordPress Media embed
- NEW! Visual Composer integration – shortcodes for easy and convenient implementation
- dynamic and static comments – the changes take place dynamically when the user is watching the video
- interactive timeline shows info about comments and their reference duration
- NEW! deeper personalization – you can proces all the videos through the plugin, or only those implemented as shortodes, while the standard ‘add media’ videos will act according to normal WP standards
- have transparent conversations around comments – no more mess of ‘who talks to whom’ – polemics about the same aspects are placed within one cell
- mobile friendly
- pot file included
- developer js/less file included
- on-line manual
- NEW! custom video parsing – all videos or only those added as shortcodes
- NEW! customizable choice of platform support
- comment grouping in sections – if many users comment a similar area, the comments are put into a single group to improve the general transparency
- *NEW! comment only for a specific point – second comment mechanism – comment only one moment of the video, of course with expandable reply tree
- include or exclude posts or pages
- hide/show the timeline
- hide/show default form
- dynamic/static comments
- comments order
If you like the plugin, please don`t forget rate it . It really helps us a lot, thank you very much!
When you add in the fact that you can now also add comments to Facebook videos and a couple other additions, you get a significantly improved plugin. Kudos to GochaDesign.
The functionality is awesome. I love it, and I think anyone who uses videos a lot should have this functionality…
I really like GOCHA Video. I haven’t seen any other plugins that offer this functionality and I was impressed with how seamlessly it integrated with YouTube and Vimeo. The dynamic comments feature is also very cool. If you’re heavy into video, you should give it a try. It can open up a whole new level of interactivity for your site.
Either way…this is the best plugin I have ever owned…I turned my site into a client video review site where they can also approve and purchase the final video…this is actually better than the paid video review sites that are out there… Thank you for your help coding it to include Google Drive. You certainly didn’t have to do that and I REALLY appreciate it!! I’ve been looking for this solution for my clients forever.
Stay in Touch
= 1.2.1 = * Code improvements for the one point mode * Fixed issues with some kind of Video URLs
= 1.2.0 = * Added support for commenting point of the video instead of range of the video * Added support for Facebook Videos and dailymotion * Added shortcodes * Added TinyMCE button for inserting shortcodes * Added Visual Composer support * Added option to add comments only for the videos added with shortcodes * Moved options form Theme Customizer to a dedicated options page * Added use of the official apis in Vimeo and YouTube videos * Added dynamic loading of the API scripts for better performance * Added option of selecting style of highlighting active comments * Improved CSS code for the UI
= v1.1.0 = * NEW FEATURE: support for Google Drive videos (please remember that it has limited quotas) * A lot of small fixes in the UI behaviours