What is Gallery Factory?
It’s the WordPress gallery plugin made with large image galleries in mind. Users with hundreds and thousands of images will find it most useful, yet anyone who wants to take his WordPress website to the next level with professional good looking galleries will enjoy Gallery Factory.
Designed to act as a full-featured web application inside your WP and styled with the Material Design, the new admin interface brings the cutting-edge technologies to the world of WP plugins.
Gallery Factory keeps images separate from the WP Media, allows you to group images in albums and folders and provides a smart way to navigate the library. Your image collection is organized and easy to handle no matter how large it is.
Creating unique gallery layouts with Gallery Factory is a breeze, thanks to its advanced layout editor. What you see is what you get, and you have the total control over the layout.
Optimized for displaying galleries with hundreds of images, GF features image lazy loading, four pagination types and gallery caching. Responsive layouts for mobile displays go without saying.
Gallery Factory WordPress plugin is the new way to organize your image collection in WordPress. This plugin features the unique admin interface called Gallery Manager, which combines all you need to work with your image collection in one single place. It is easy to handle even for beginners, yet powerful enough for demanding users. Every piece of the plugin is built to be interactive and self-explaining – from organizing your albums in multi-level folder structure to creating unique layouts in the WYSIWYG layout editor.
Images are organized into folders and albums only on logic level (not touching real folder structure on the disk), so any single image can be added to multiple albums while actually storing only one instance.
But Gallery Factory is not only about uploading and organizing your images: it features the unique visual layout editor to help you create incredible galleries. Namely, the Metro layout type allows fine-tuning of the size and placement of each thumbnail in a gallery, providing you the great tool for showcasing your images; and Masonry layout enables you to display all images in an album retaining their original aspect ratio.
Three lightboxes are included (ImageLightbox, Lightbox2, Colorbox) and ready to use, moreover, additional integration with several premium lightboxes is also available.
2.1.0 (January 22, 2017)
- Feature: customizable hover effects for gallery thumbnails (19 styles included);
2.0.2 (January 09, 2017)
- Fix: page scroll resets on window resize and on the mobile toolbar hide/show;
- Fix: iLightbox shows only the clicked image, not allowing to switch to other images in an album;
- Enhancement: added “Troubleshooting” page with automated checks;
2.0.1 (November 04, 2016)
- Feature: tags and front-end tag filters;
- Enhancement: updated compatibility with multisite installations;
2.0.0 (October 19, 2016)
- Major update of the database structure and core functions;
- Feature: Masonry layout;
- Feature: adjustable column count for mobile devices in all 3 layout types;
- Feature: Individual thumbnail crop setting for an image in multiple albums;
- Feature: adjustable thumbnail quality (compression rate);
- Enhancement: breadcrumbs output to the folder viewer shortcode;
- Enhancement: improved layout editor with interactive pagination settings;
- Enhancement: new layout calculation system, no need to manually update layouts after adding/removing images;
- Fix: image title not loading from the file metadata on upload on some WP installations;
1.3.1 (July 10, 2016)
- Enhancement: clickable breadcrumbs in Album Manager main panel header;
- Enhancement: adjustable sorting order for table view of album’s images in Album Manager;
- Fix: empty album and folder cover image select dialog on WP installations with a custom table prefix;
1.3.0 (June 13, 2016)
- Feature: Front-end presentation of folders with navigation;
1.2.1 (May 17, 2016)
- Feature: added support for Nivo lightbox;
- Enhancement: in-place editing for folder and album content lists;
- Compatibility: updated for compatibility with WordPress 4.5.2;
- Fix: fixed uploading error for some .png files;
1.2.0 (May 09, 2016)
- Major change: introduced new admin interface;
- Feature: customizable thumbnail image size;
- Feature: thumbnail regeneration tool;
- Enhancement: added support of image metadata import on upload: author, copyright, tags(keywords);
- Enhancement: image tags(keywords) now are included in XML sitemap’s image info, generated by Yoast SEO plugin;
1.1.3 (February 19, 2016)
- Feature: Yoast SEO support. XML sitemaps now include Gallery Factory images;
- Feature: Gallery Factory element for Visual Composer;
- Enhancement: German localization;
- Fix: PHP warning preventing normal image upload on WP 4.4.2 with some PHP configurations;
1.1.2 (August 31, 2015)
- Feature: support for custom CSS file for front-end views;
- Enhancement: WordPress 4.3 compliance updates;
- Enhancement: better handling of WP Media import with large image count;
- Enhancement: disabled ability to switch active album while Navigation panel is in edit mode;
- Enhancement: updated thumbnail resizing UI for Layout editor;
- Enhancement: added thumbnail lazy-loading in Overview tab;
- Fix: problem with uploading images to “All images” and “Unsorted images” folders;
- Fix: some compatibility problems with third-party plugins;
1.1.1 (July 13, 2015)
- Feature: ability to set custom image cropping for thumbnails;
- Feature: TinyMCE button for inserting Gallery Factory album shortcode;
- Feature: import from the NextGen Gallery;
- Feature: target window setting for redirecting to URL on thumbnail click;
- Feature: internationalization, now the plugin can be translated with .po files. Added Russian localization;
- Change: improved Metro layout visual editor auto-reorder feature on thumbnail dragging, now its behaviour is more predictable;
- Change: image auto-rotation on upload, based on file’s EXIF orientation info;
1.1.0 (June 01, 2015)
- Feature: image import from the Wordpress Media;
- Feature: Event options on clicking a gallery thumbnail (opening an image from custom URL in a lightbox, redirecting to custom URL, redirecting to the dedicated image page, perform no action);
- Feature: An option to set append location for newly added images (append to the top or to the bottom of an album);
- Change: split custom post type “vls_gf_item” to “vls_gf_folder” and “vls_gf_album” for storing folders and albums respectively;
- Change: paginated albums now are scrolled up to the top of the album on page change;
- Change: added range selection feature to the bulk select mode in Gallery Manager;
- Fix: display bugs in mobile view;
1.0.3 (May 15, 2015)
- Feature: added global setting to enable/disable lazy loading;
- Change: mobile display mode threshold reduced to 640px of screen width;
- Change: added check for required folder write permissions with user notification on fail;
- Fix: shortcode not displaying for an album in Internet Explorer;
- Fix: bugs caused by placing multiple GF shortcodes on one page;
- Fix: lazy loading not functional in some cases;
1.0.2 (May 09, 2015)
- Feature: Added pagination for albums (4 types: paginated with numbered controls, paginated with bullet controls, appending pages on clicking “Load more” button, appending pages on scroll);
- Feature: Added lazy loading of thumbnails.
- Feature: Added displaying of captions and descriptions both on hovering a thumbnail and in the lightbox;
1.0.1 (May 01, 2015)
- Fix: CSS compatibility issues with some themes;
- Fix: Fixed a bug, preventing layout save for albums larger than 200 images;
1.0.0 (April 28, 2015)
- Initial release.
* Images used in demo page are not included in the download pack.