Plugin descriptionWith this Add-on for Super Forms you can create custom forms that can register new users or login existing users from your front-end. You can also choose to only allow specific user role(s) to login. And specify what role a new registered user should get. Of course the Lost password form is also available which allows users to enter their email address to receive a new password. As an option you can select to send an activation email after registration or instantly let users login after their registration. Redirect to any page (for instance a dashboard).
Click here to read more about this Add-on.
Available field names to use in your form are:
- Any other data can be saved with custom user meta
Under Form Settings on the builder page when creating a new form you will have an extra option called ?Register & Login?.
Under the settings ?Register & Login? we have a dropdown called ?Actions?. The following actions are available (see picture below):
- Register a new user (this will register a new user, you can select what role this user should become)
- Login (user will be logged in, optionally restrict a specific user role)
- Reset password (when a user lost his/her password they can resend a new one with their email address)
For the Register action we have the following options available:
- User role (any available user role by WordPress or external plugins)
- Send activation link (options are: Send activation email / Auto activate and login)
- Login page URL (this can/will be used for emails when an activation link has been send)
- Activation Email Subject (the subject for the activation email)
- Activation Email Body (the actual message with the generated activation code)
- Custom meta data (any custom user_meta to be saved, field with this name must be available. example: WooCommerce customers)
Below you can find the tags that you can use inside your emails. The last 3 are added by the Register & Login Add-on.
For the Login action we have the following options available:
- Allowed user role(s): (the user roles that are allowed to login via this form, multiple can be selected)
- Login page URL (user will be redirected to this page if they haven?t activated their account yet with the activation code parameter)
- Welcome back message (display a welcome message after the user has successfully been logged in)
The following 2 options only apply when you have selected to check on activated accounts only:
- Incorrect activation code message (the message to display if the activation code was incorrect)
- Account activated message (a message to notify the user that their account has been activated)
For the Reset password action we have the following options available:
- Login page URL (this can/will be used insed the Lost password email Body)
- Success message (a message to display after the password has been successfully reset and send by email)
- Not found message (a message to tell the user we couldn?t find a user with the given email address)
- Lost Password Email Subject (the subject of the lost password email)
- Lost Password Email Body (the message that contains the new password)
Creating the form
Now you know all available options. To make things easier we have created 3 ready to go forms which you can import via the ?Examples? tab. Just select any of the forms you would like to create and hit the ?Insert? button.
CompatibilitySuper Forms v2.1+
Mar 13, 2018 - Version 1.5.2 - Fix: Bug in combination with ACF plugin, not saving other meta data which did not exist in ACF as meta field Feb 15, 2018 - Version 1.5.1 - Fix: Allow settings to be empty for new Super Forms versions (values that can be left empty must not be overwritten by default value) Jan 14, 2018 - Version 1.5.0 - Added: Option to Update user based on user_id field or GET or POST, A hidden field named "user_id" must be present in your form in order for this to work Jan 8, 2018 - Version 1.4.0 - Added: Option to register new user if user doesn't exists while updating user Dec 7, 2017 - Version 1.3.0 - Improved: When registering or updating user, update the user meta data after files have been saved to media library Nov 16, 2017 - Version 1.2.7 - Added: Option to send Approve email after admin approves the user account via back-end - Added: Option to generate password on the fly when admin approves user account Sep 15, 2017 - Version 1.2.6 - Added: Option to skip registration if user_login or user_email are not found Jun 19, 2017 - Version 1.2.5 - Fix: small bug with login function showing the "incorrect activation code" error message on wrong moment Jun 8, 2017 - Version 1.2.4 - Added: option to allow users to use a custom activation code, for instance generated with the unique random number with a hidden field (not secure though) May 9, 2017 - Version 1.2.3 - Fix: Email function updated based on new super forms version - Changed: Removed suffix on css/js files (normally used for debug mode, not required) May 2, 2017 - Version 1.2.2 - Fix: Check if wp_clean function exists Mar 12, 2017 - Version 1.2.1 - Fix: PHP error: undefined register_login_action Feb 28, 2017 - Version 1.2.0 - Added: Option to update current logged in user data / meta data - Added: Option to register multi-site - Added: Return WC country list when field is named billing_country or shipping_country Feb 03, 2017 - Version 1.1.0 - Added: Automatic updates Sep 28, 2016 - Version 1.0.4 - Added: Option to login the user without activating it's account Sep 17, 2016 - Version 1.0.3 - Added: User login status - Added: New action hook: super_after_wp_insert_user_action May 3, 2016 - Version 1.0.2 - Fix: Parsing Super Forms version instead of own plugin version when registering script March 29, 2016 - Version 1.0.1 - Fix: Do not show activation message if user was already registered before Super Forms was activated January 10, 2016 - Version 1.0.0 - Initial release!