Flow-Flow — Social Stream is premium PHP script to display social hubs in beautiful grid with optional filters and live search on any page of your site. From authors of best-selling WordPress version of plugin. For its price Flow-Flow is a great alternative to web services that charge monthly payment for similar functionality.
* * * Check out admin demo. * * *
Plugin is responsive and works well on mobile devices. Smart caching with server task allows to deliver content blazingly fast without long page loading. It’s especially crucial when many networks are pulled or you have big traffic. Your visitors won’t see any API calls limit errors using your tokens. Jump to “How it works” section to check out details. It’s great to use this plugin for streaming your news, photos, social reviews and any other content you can imagine!
You can moderate your feeds with this plugin excluding posts by URL, by username, by words. Broadcast your news, make portfolio, show client testimonials by your company’s tag etc. Plugin provides social sharing buttons to drive user involvement and interaction. We’re focusing on increasing the number of use cases for plugin.
* * * Please note this script is for experienced developers. Newbies may struggle during installation process as it’s not super easy. Check out Getting Started and First Steps After Installation articles first. If you have concerns we recommend to get WordPress version of Flow-Flow. * * *
Feeds to stream
- Twitter: home timeline, user feed, search including hashtags *, user lists, user favorites.
- Facebook: any public PAGE with public posts, public groups.
- Google+: any public profile.
- Instagram: user photos, hashtag photos, liked photos.
- Pinterest: public user or board.
- Foursquare: location tips, location photos.
- Vine: public user feed, user likes, search by tag.
- Flickr: public user photos, photos by tag.
- YouTube: user, channels, search, public playlist (new!).
- Tumblr: photo posts (will be more types in future).
- Vimeo: public videos of user, album, channel and like feed of user.
- RSS: any valid feed.
Drive the interaction and user involvement!
Excluding posts by word, by username, by URL. Clean your grid from trolls and spam!
“Show More” button
Load more items in stream.
Smart image caching
Image size are calculated on server and grid is built one time without refreshing.
All popular Social Networks
And their number is growing (based on popular requests).
Smart server caching
Grid loads almost instantly. No need to load data every time.
CSS3 transforms animation
Shows the best performance and speed.
Cosy Admin Panel
Intuitive and clean interface with live preview.
Fanstastic looking with attractive animations. Smart media preloading.
Straightforward step by step setup guides.
With swipes support for sliding on mobiles.
Change colors, width/margins, design templates etc.
Expanding/collapsing for cards with a lot of content.
Beautiful animations and hover effects.
For YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram.
Put your stream in any block or page of your site.
Unlimited feeds and streams
Add as much social feeds to any of your stream as you need.
Compact layout included
Special design for sidebar and narrow blocks.
Smart resource loading
Script and styles are loaded only when shortcode detected on page
How plugin works
You create streams in Flow-Flow admin and inject them in any block on any page of your site. Plugin has special compact mode for narrow blocks like sidebar. When stream is shown first time, it’s got cached (takes more time for initial caching but then it will show blazingly fast) and rest of visitors see this cache for cache lifetime. So for example if you have set 20 min cache and 10000 users visit your site within these 20 min, it’s only one time plugin will request API to pull data, for the rest of time users will see cached data almost instantly. Considering that server runs cache renew task in background it guarantees plugin’s amazing performance. Check how to update cache in several ways on your PHP server on this page
Design and styling options
Flow-Flow provides a great customization for design and stylings. Nice-looking professionally made layouts, different styles. Flow-Flow has many to choose from! Here’s a few examples you can try.
How multiple feeds actually work
First of all you can create unlimited Flow-Flow streams on your site. The magic thing is that you then add as much social feeds from one or different social networks as you want. For example, you want to include in one stream 3 twitter accounts, 1 twitter hashtag, 2 google+ accounts and 5 facebook feeds. No problem! Here is a visual scheme:
Admin panel provides clear indication of important stuff and is very convenient. You can easily manage your streams from one compact list.
Filter is optional feature of Flow-Flow. If you would like to use plugin with complex streams this feature could be handy.
- You need to have jQuery version 1.7 or later on you PHP server.
- Some network API can require secure connection to send data so your server should have SSL certificate installed. In the most cases SSL is provided by hosting. We use private APIs because it’s more secure obviously, no one sees your secure data (tokens etc) on client side and these APIs provide more possibilities for streaming.
If you don’t have SSL check this article to consider free and lowcost options.
Next networks require secure connection: Twitter, Facebook, G+, Instagram.
- Grid engine is pretty resourse heavy and using latest technologies so some devices (eg. low-end or old models) can struggle displaying grid especially when being combined with another heavy scripts on page
[2.2.0] Fix and updated for recent API changes ------ [2.1.0] Various improvements and fixes [2.1.0] Instagram 1 June API changes supported via our own app which can be used to get token [2.1.0] New authentication methods added for Instagram and Facebook ---- [2.0.1] Fix for missing file in 2.0.0 [2.0.0] Premoderation approval system added [2.0.0] Linkedin images from shared articles fixVersion 1.0.13-16
- Fix for "SafeMySQL: 2005 Unknown MySQL server host" error - Fix for Youtube playlists - Fix for FB extended token cannot be reset via adminVersion 1.0.12
- Fix for new line symbols converted to 'n'Version 1.0.11
- Fix for broken Linkedin APIVersion 1.0.10
- Update for Pinterest API (affecting boards) - Fix for usecase with Instagram user IDs when wrong user can be requestedVersion 1.0.9
- Fix for possible problem with MySQL connection (don't update if it's working)Version 1.0.8
- Update for latest Flickr APIVersion 1.0.7
- YouTube API v3 support addedVersion 1.0.6
- Various fixes and tweaksVersion 1.0.5
- Fix for FlowFlowAutoloader.php - YouTube support video filteringVersion 1.0.4
- Fix for RSS for some usecasesVersion 1.0.3
- Fix for RSS when post date is absentVersion 1.0.2
- Fix for duplicating streams issue when saving setting on freshly created streamVersion 1.0.1
- Fix for forcing HTTPS settingVersion 1.0
- Plugin is approved on CodeCanyon
Please leave your feedback on comments page, we’re interested to improve the product with focus on clients’ satisfaction. If you have issues please send message via contact form we’ll try to update/fix as soon as possible.
Developing of Flow-Flow is based on user suggestions. If you lack some features or social networks/feeds please take a minute and answer three simple questions. You decide and affect the priority of developing. Many thanks!
You may also like: