6 August 2019 • Improved the Home Screen design by using CardView • Upgraded the Icons of Home screen for better user experience • Updated Gpu Image library to latest version “gpuimage:2.0.3” • Add Five new filters - SobelEdgeDetection - ThresholdEdgeDetection - LuminanceThresholdFilter - ImageGammaFilter - SepiaToneFilter • Updated 'compileSdkVersion' and 'targetSdkVersion' to 28 in build.gradle
15 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1.1 • Removed all dependencies of play-services | left only this one in build.gradle: implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+'
11 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1 • Updated 'compileSdkVersion' and 'targetSdkVersion' to 27 in build.gradle • Replaced 'compile' with 'implementation' in build.gradle (Module: app) • Updated classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.1.1' in build.gradle (Project:)
13 September 2017 • First release | Android Studio 2.3.x | Works with GPUImage Android GitHub framework
Filters is a Universal App Template that showcases 21 custom photo filters (based on GPUImage framework on GitHub), it’s easy to customize and the included pdf User Guide explains how to edit filters or add a new one. You can also share your edited image to social network apps installed on your device, Mail, and SMS.
FILTERS is a native Android Studio project, Universal, Java/XML, very easy to customize.
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code. Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version of the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persists, please contact me by my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash. Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = (AdView) findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 3.x – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Apply nice photo filters to your pictures
- Easy to Customize
- Works with GPUImage Android by CyberAgent
- Quickly share edited pictures to social network apps installed on your device, Mail on SMS
- Well commented code
- User Guide and PSD icon files included
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID