Advanced Multi-User PHP File Manager & AJAX Uploader
Upload, edit, manage, zip and share files and folders. Multiple user accounts with private folders and permissions.
- Upload multiple files simultaneously with Ajax and manage them online
- Drag&Drop files to start upload
- Copy, move, rename, create, edit or delete online files and folders
- Create archives with zip or unzip and decompress files online
- Hierarchical Treeview
- Search files and folders
- Preview images in gallery mode
- Multiple user accounts + guest account
- User sign up & password recovery
- Adjustable read/write/upload permissions for each user
- Admin interface for managing user accounts (see screenshot below)
- Home directories for each user or default directory if not specified
- Choose whether to store users inside mysql database or a single json file
- Very fast and user-friendly interface
- Translatable interface with a single language file
- Full source code included, flash free, highly configurable
InstallationThe installation of FileGator is very simple. Copy all files to server, login as admin and add one or more users and you are ready to go. Note that web server must have read/write permissions to config/ and repository/ folders.
If you want to use mysql database to store your users then update configuration.php file and create table with database.sql script.
System Requirements & Compatibility
- PHP 5.2+,PHP7 or higher + Apache. Consult your server administrator or hosting provider about this.
- Browsers: Microsoft IE7+, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- Operating Systems: Windows or Linux
Note that some PHP installations are having issues with file system encoding – special characters in filenames and folders may not work correctly on all systems. (e.g. filenames with Russian or Greek letters)
SupportBefore you post any question please read this extensive FAQ as you may find your answer there.
Most questions has been already answered several times in comments section and I will not answer to duplicate or similar threads.
Please DO NOT post customization questions since you will probably get a generic response. Support doesn’t mean customization and I am not available for freelance.
Limited support is ONLY available on fresh installations, with a default configuration options and if all system requirements are met. Support and help is NOT available if you want to use repository folders outside default installation folder or if you changed or customized any original filegator file.
LanguagesThe new version of FileGator v3 includes a single language file and can be easily translated. If you wish to help and translate it to your language you can download a file from here: http://file-gator.com/gator/languages.zip
Send me your language file and your name will be credited at the top of new translation file.
Currently available languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, Persian, Serbian, Romanian, Korean, Finnish, Turkish
ChangelogUpdate instructions: https://www.file-gator.com/faq#FAQ44