OverviewEventik is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile app to list events, conferences or concerts that will happen at specific dates and locations
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
VintyMag is a complete Magazine/Newspaper Wordpress Theme where you can showcase your blog news in an old-fashioned look. It is easy to install and configure, and it has got 4 different Home and Categories layouts.
DescriptionEventik is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) to find cool things to do around their area, and submit events from all around the world. Searches can be performed by keywords, categories, current location or popular cities.
Users can like and share events, and follow people’s posts. Submitted events get stored in the Account screen, where people can see their status – either “in Review” or published.
The Admin should daily check the database for submitted content, and decide to either publish them or not by flagging a boolean value in the Parse Dashboard – the database.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database (Parse Dashboard).
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
BackendIt’s backend is by Parse Server and it’s hosted on back4app – NO MySQL database involved.
Parse Server is flexible, reliable, open source, based on Node.js and well supported by a large community of developers, and back4app is a great BaaS hosting website where you can configure your database, Push Notifications and other features in just a few clicks.
If you want to see a preview of the structure of the demo database, and also clone it in just a click, CLICK HERE!
If you want to use a nice Admin Panel to manage data of your database instead of the Parse Dashboard, sign up for a FOREVER FREE account on Adminca.com and watch this video to see how to create a Panel for your Parse App.
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own version of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesJava/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 5.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Backend with Parse Server hosted on back4app – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on back4app, as well as edit the Parse Server’s SDK code.
Browse events from people you follow – Besides seeing posts in the Home screen, there’s a dedicated page where you can view events from the user you’re following.
Search for events by keywords, location and category – Finding nice stuff to do is super easy and it’s all handled by the Home screen.
Edit/Delete Events – People can edit or delete their own posts from the “My Events” section in the Account screen.
Share events – Users help the Admin to get the app more popular by sharing it to social networks, Mail or SMS.
Get directions to events – The Event details page shows a preview of its location. The “Get Directions” button opens the native Maps application to calculate the route.
Submissions notifications – The Admin gets an email when an event has been submitted or edited.
See your Account’s info – Users can see a list of events they’re interested to, as well as the ones they submitted for review.
Setting screen – This section offers options like Reset Password, Edit Profile’s info, Contact the Admin, and read the Terms of Service.
Facebook login – Quickly log in or sign up with Facebook from the Intro screen.
Push Notifications – With the aid of Parse Push, users will receive notifications for likes
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
A free account on back4app.com – You can create and edit your Parse App and database, get the necessary keys for configurations and test this template for free. It has limitations though, so please check the Pricing table and consider subscribing for a paid plan after your app got published on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
May 7, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.3 - Added this line side the <application> tag in the 'Manifest.xml' file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" This fixes the issue on taking pictures with the camera on Android 10 devices
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1
- Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files:
January 14, 2020
- Updated the 'main.js' file to properly call the Background Job with Parse Server 3.9.x version
** THIS MEANS NO CODE AND UI CHANGES, ONLY THE main.js FILE HAS BEEN EDITED, SO YOU SHOULD REPLACE YOUR OLD main.js FILE IN THE CLOUD CODE BOX ON BACK4APP**
December 23, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version | Remember to update the Parse Server version of your app on back4app from the 'Manage Parse Server' section!
December 17, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version.
** NOTE: IF THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: **
1. Update your Parse Server to the latest version (currently it's 3.9.0) from the 'Manage Parse Server' section of your Parse App on back4app- unless you already have the latest version selected.
2. Upload the updated 'main.js' file into the 'Cloud Code Function' section of your app on back4app, overwrite the existing one and Deploy it.
December 10, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5.3 - Updated: compileSdkVersion 29 targetSdkVersion 29 in the 'build.gradle' file.
August 22, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5
July 17, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.2
July 10, 2019
- Added this line into the 'signUpButt.setOnClickListener()' function in SignUp.java, and in the 'loginButt.setOnClickListener()' function in Login.java, in order to go back to the Home screen after signing up or logging in: startActivity(new Intent(ctx, Home.class));
June 20, 2019
- Installed 'Android 9.0 (Pie)' Platform form the Android SDK Manager (you should do the same in your Android Studio in case you haven't done that yet, and the perform the updates below). - Edited build.gradle (Module: app) file by setting the 'compileSdkVersion and 'targetSdkVersion' into 28 - Did: Refractor -> Migrate to AndroidX, so after doing the suggested Refractor, some dependencies changed in the build.gradle (Module: app) file, compare your old files with the updated ones. - Updated some dependencies in build.gradle(Module: app) file, compare your old build.gradle file with the updated one to perform updates - Replaced: import com.parse.ParseFacebookUtils; with: import com.parse.facebook.ParseFacebookUtils; in Configurations.java and Intro.java
June 18, 2019
- Removed the following line of code into the 'user_profile.xml' file - it was causing an error and coulnd't allow to generate a Signed V1 Release APK: android:layout_above="@+id/tabBar"
June 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.1
May 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4 - Updated some dependencies in build.gradle(Modiule:app) to their latest versions
February 22, 2019
- Fixed a bug on Push notifications by editing the following files: build.gradle (Module:app) Manifest.xml Home.java -> 'onStart()' function. - Updated the 'main.js' file, so you have to upload it again into your own Cloud Code Functions section on back4app and overwrite the existing one, then click the DEPLOY button. ** In order to update your app, compare the updated files mentioned above with your own ones and perform the changes accordingly **
February 8, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.3.1 - Updated the 'build.gradle(Project:)' and 'build.gradle(Module:app)' files [compare the updated code with your old code and perform changes accordingly]
January 24, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.3
January 3, 2019
- Updated the Facebook Android SDK and ParseFacebookUtils versions in build.gradle: implementation 'com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.37.0' implementation 'com.parse:parsefacebookutils-v4-android:1.10.7@aar'
October 31, 2018
- Edited the 'submitEventButt()' function in PostEditEvent.java by adding a missing 'ParseQuery<ParseUser>query' instance, in order to assign followers ID's to a posted event (if any)
August 28, 2018
- First release, Android 5.0 and above - Native Android Studio project, Java language