Documentation Builder is a powerful PHP script designed to create beautiful documentation for your products or projects with the tools to make it easy and manageable. It’s powered by MySQL and PHP.
Each Project you create can have it’s own documentation, knowledge base, news section and contact form. You can disable/enable a section for particular projects and also restrict access to certain staff users using the User Roles in the Admin Panel. The Client View allows any user to view the documentation, knowledge base, news and contact form.
Test Drive Before You Buy
- Provide excellent support with a fast response rate.
- Patch and fix any bugs or broken content.
- Help get you setup and installed!
- Answer any questions you may have.
Documentation Builder is also very secure!
- Secure Database that uses prepared statements so no SQL Injection!
- Protects against CSRF attacks!
- HTML Filter to protect against XSS attacks!
- Built using the latest CodeIgniter Framework Version 3.0 that has been tried and tested by millions of developers.
- Passwords are encrypted using PHPass Library, standard bcrypt encryption.
- Captcha enabled pages to prevent spam!
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Brute Force protection on login
Full Feature List
User & Registration System
- Users can register for an account using the quick and easy register page.
- Captcha enabled registration page to prevent bots from spamming your site (can be disabled in Admin Panel). Can use native captcha or Google reCaptcha.
- Users can also register accounts using their Social Network accounts, making it even quicker to sign up to your site!
- Login System comes with a Forgotten Password page, to allow users to reset their password via email.
- Prevents spam by making sure the email address is unique and valid.
- Passwords are encrypted using PHPass library to make sure your data is safe!
- Can disable registration from Admin Panel, as well as Social Login option.
- Users can create unlimited documents, projects, articles and implement their own custom Contact Us form.
- Add projects to organize your documentation.
- Use in-built text editor to create beautiful documentation and articles, with text or HTML.
- Easily order your documents for each project using our Order Documents feature.
- Can disable any section for each project: Disable Documentation, Disable Knowledge Base and Disable Contact Us form.
- Client View of documentation allows them to view all documents in a user-friendly way.
- Option to create Linked Documents, which are documents that point to existing documents on your system. Saves you from adding repeating or duplicate content.
- Documents can be modified and deleted and searched for.
- Add helpful articles to your Knowledge Base.
- Articles can be categorized.
- Categories and Articles can be assigned to multiple projects so that articles can be shared between projects.
- Sticky important articles so they appear at the top of Categories.
- Option to search through articles in Client View.
- Each Project has it’s own contact form that users can use to send you an email.
- Add your own custom fields to the contact form
- Specify the email the contact form sends to.
- Spam protection: only send 1 message every 15 minutes.
- Option to disable it completely.
- News section allows you to post news articles for users to see.
- Each news article is assigned to a project so it only appears for a certain project.
- Can make news articles using the text editor or source code mode.
- A specially designed page that allows a user to view the documentation in a user-friendly way.
- View Knowledge Base articles and categories.
- Contact Us form allows user to send you an email.
- News section allows user to view all news articles you post.
- Able to disable registration
- Able to disable Captcha
- Option to add Google reCaptcha
- Change site name, logo and other settings.
- Able to disable social network login
- Manage Members allows you to edit, delete and view Member information, such as their IP address, email and when they last logged in.
- User Roles allow you to create specific permissions for your users. Roles include Admin, Knowledge Manager, Document Manager, News Manager and more.
- User Groups allow you to sort and categorize members easily.
- Email Templates make translating emails much more easier by using our Email Templates option.
- Email Members area allows you to send emails to all of your registered emails. Select by User Group, Username or All Users.
- IP Blocking system allows you to block certain IPs from registering accounts and from logging in.
- Easy translate the entire system by modifying our translation files (just 3 to edit!)
- Allow users to switch between a language of their choice using our unique Language Switcher.
- Supports any UTF-8 language!
- Documentation Guide to walk you through how to translate
- Built on CodeIgniter 3.0.6
- Built on Bootstrap 3.3.4
- Translation Ready
- Requires PHP 5.4 and a MySQL database.
- Supports MySQL, Mysqli and PDO drivers.
- Supports SMTP Email, PHP Mail()
Version 1.1 – 14/12/2016
- Secure Login option added
- Implemented Google ReCaptcha
- Updated layout
- Added option to change logo
- Removed image upload restrictions
- Updated Members page to use Datatables
- Set Default User Role in Admin Panel
- Changed the way banned members work
- Datatables implemented for Documents page
- View by project on documents page
- Knowledge Base categories now use the CKEdtior and are allowed HTML.
- Knowledge Base categories can be assigned to multiple projects.
- Knowledge Base articles can be assigned to multiple projects.
- Implemented new News section, allows you to post news for projects.
- Updated client view to represent new changes to Knowledge Base and News section.
Version 1.0 – Initial Release – 08/06/2016
Created by Patchesoft