DirectoryApp is a geolocation aware business directory script written in PHP. With this script you can build “Yellow Pages” type of sites, city guides, local businesses classifieds and so on. This script is continuously being developed and updated.
Directory Features Overview
- Configurable billing plans (free, paid, one time payment, monthly payment, featured listing)
- Google Maps API support
- Geolocation support
- Payment Gateways: Paypal, Stripe, 2Checkout, MercadoPago
- Custom fields per category
- Claim listings so you can populate your site with listings then let business owners claim and pay for the listing.
- Contact owner form for each listing
- Search by custom field
- Create static pages
- Built-in contact page (contact site owner) with form to email
- Templating system
- Rating system
- User reviews and comments
- Login with Facebook, Twitter and email account
- Multiple currencies support
- Responsive design
- SEO optmized, friendly URLs, powerful meta descriptions
- Translations files in plain text format (editable in notepad or similar) including the admin area
- Fast page load times
- No frameworks, all native PHP code
- Intuitive and simplified files and folders structure, no complicated nested folders makes it easy to edit
- Fast support
- Already translated to: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Russian, Italian
DirectoryApp is one of the very few scripts that allows you to create “Custom Fields” on a category level or create global custom fields. For example, you can create a “Delivery (yes/no)” field and it shows up only for listings in the “Food” category. Or you can create a “Free Wi-fi” field to let users search for listings that offer free wi-fi. Custom fields can be required/optional and also searchable.
Custom Fields is a very powerful feature and most our competitors doen’t offer this feature in their scripts!
Monetize Your Directory
Flexible pricing plans allows you to create one time payments as well as monthly subscriptions. Current payment gateways supported are:
With this feature you can kickstart your directory by inputting or mass importing* listings and let business owners claim and pay for the listings so that they can edit, correct and add additional information. * Mass importing available as a service.
You can create static pages on the back end. It’s useful for things like “About Us”, “Terms and Conditions”, “Policy”, “FAQ” pages.
Page speed is a feature. According to Google, pages must load within 1000ms.
Now here’s a result of a page load test for this script installed on a shared hosting account (960ms):
Try testing each one of the scripts that you’re interested in, to see if they can load each page around 1000ms. You can use https://tools.pingdom.com for testing as it’s one of the more popular tools used by site owners and SEOs.
You can use this script to build niche directories, here are some examples:
- Restaurants and bars directory
- Health care directory
- Automotive listings (dealers, repair, parts and supplies, tires, etc)
- Church listings
- Local area directory
- Night life directory
- Pets directory
- and much more
Currently available in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German.
Directory Admin DemoThe admin demo is installed on another URL, for now located on the address below:
To access the admin area, click the “Admin” button on the top right, then “Admin Area” in the drop down menu.
Please note that this admin demo is not connected to the main demo (Live Preview) so changes made in this admin demo will not change the Live Preview.
Please access the user guide at: http://codebasedev.com/docs/directoryapp/
- PHP 5.5+
- MySQL 5.6.*+ (Requires FULLTEXT search in InnoDB)
business directory, city guide script, business listings, classified ads, foursquare, google maps, geolocation directory, responsive, restaurant reviews, yellow pages, yelp, clone, google places, directory scripts