This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
Read in a comment from 4 years ago:
Question: 3. custom icons for category pins (upload my own png files)?
Your answer: 3. Currently no, but we do plan to add this feature soon. Currently listing images are displayed as icons. If no images, then the default icon will be shown.
Any ETA for this feature?
Hi is a user verification possible! The users who sign up gets a email with a link for confirmation the registration! and first after this the user is registered
sunny regards markus
Thank you for your interest in Directories Pro.
> Hi is a user verification possible! The users who sign up gets a email with a link for confirmation the registration! and first after this the user is registered
Yes, Directories Pro does have that feature. Please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/frontend-submit-and-dashboard/user-login-registration-and-guest-posts.html#email-verification
Where is admin panel to check ?
Unfortunately currently no. However, you can find screenshots of the backend in our documentation: https://directoriespro.com/documentation/
This comment is currently being reviewed.
Opening Hours, currently has a preset list, is it possible to have opening hours set like this:.
- Every second week of the month.
- Last Sunday of the month.
Those are just a few examples, or alternative can there be a free text option like.
free text 00:00
Thank you for using Directories Pro.
Unfortunately, this is currently not possible and will require some custom code. However, we are working for the later version of the plugin that should let you enter that kind of data.
- Is it possible for a visitor to publish without having to create an account (guest publication)?
- What happens if a visitor publishes a record that already exists in the database. Does this create a duplicate or incremental recommendation on the existing record?
- Is it possible to deactivate the moderation of submissions and prefer auto publication?
- If we don’t want the monetization features (community directory), the plugin still requires WooCommerce?
Thank you in advance and I look forward to discovering your plugin.
> – Is it possible for a visitor to publish without having to create an account (guest publication)?
Yes. For more information on guest posting, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/frontend-submit-and-dashboard/user-login-registration-and-guest-posts.html#guest-post-settings
> – What happens if a visitor publishes a record that already exists in the database. Does this create a duplicate or incremental recommendation on the existing record?
There is no feature in Directories Pro that detects duplicates and will require some custom code.
> – Is it possible to deactivate the moderation of submissions and prefer auto publication?
Yes. Listings submitted by users with a user role that has the “Publish Listings” permission are published immediately. For more information on permissions, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/additional-features-and-settings/permissions.html
> – If we don’t want the monetization features (community directory), the plugin still requires WooCommerce?
Hi, how can I unclaim listings that I have imported?
Please see https://codecanyon.net/item/directories-pro-for-wordpress/21800540/faqs/41211
I’m suddenly getting this in the console and the maps not showing, any idea what’s causing this? I’ve reloaded the geo location in tools but still not working.
“Geocoder returned no address components.”
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘setMarkers’)
It is most likely the address could be resolved by the geocoding provider that you are using.
1. Is there any lightweight demo installation available to check if our theme is compatible with it?
2. Can we hide the country and state from the url? My directory would be only for a specific state.
3. How does the listing template work? Are we able to use shortcodes or cpt codes to build our own template in our page builders?
1. Unfortunately, no.
2. Yes, for details on the permalink URL, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/advanced-customization/seo-features.html#custom-permalink-urls
3. Yes, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/advanced-customization/customizing-pages.html#customizing-single-post-and-term-pages
Do you offer stripe payments? Woocommerce is overkill and I’m using Stripe for payments for my site. Would be great if I can use it without Woocommerce.
The feature is currently under development/testing and if you wish we can send you the development build after you have purchased the plugin.
Thank you, I’ll wait until this has been published. Got burned with another dev promising a certain feature and I was stuck for almost a year.
will this work with multisite if i purchase multiple licences? How will it work with templates? will i be able to create templates for each site?
Directories Pro does not support network installation, so you will need to install Directories Pro on each site.
> How will it work with templates? will i be able to create templates for each site?
Hi again onokazu,
How can i insert a directory listing directly into the database? Could you provide me an SQL query for that?
I need that in order to integrate my Directories with Magic Form plugin. So after the user submits a form, i can automatically create a listing for his business in the Directories Pro.
Unfortunately, it is not just one or two queries and since they are generated dynamically, we do not have any that we can provide at this moment.
How to make the login/register form center on the page?
That will require modifications to the login/registration template file which you can find in directoires-frontend/assets/templates, and some custom CSS. If you need further support with this, please contact support.
Hello! I’m looking to replace Codespacing’s Progress Map Wordpress Plugin because they are so very slow to respond to issues. We are using this plugin to list State Campgounds and Trails. We need these updated asap as they are all a year old.
Here’s the page we wish to duplicate using your plugin.
A few pre-purchase questions:
1) Can I remove a bunch of the details that I won’t need such as hours, listing info, features, related listings, reviews, social links, etc?
2) Can we add additional images so the page looks like the page listed above?
3) Is this plugin compatible with the Enfold WordPress theme?
4) Does your plugin work with Avia Layout Builder?
Thank you! We are in a rush to get this working, thank you in advance for your quick reply!
> 1) Can I remove a bunch of the details that I won’t need such as hours, listing info, features, related listings, reviews, social links, etc?
Yes, you can by editing displays. For details on displays, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/getting-started/managing-and-customizing-displays.html
> 2) Can we add additional images so the page looks like the page listed above?
We’re not exactly sure if you need additional images. Please see https://demo.directoriespro.com/listings/, does this page look similar?
> 3) Is this plugin compatible with the Enfold WordPress theme?
We have seen several users using Directories Pro with the theme.
> 4) Does your plugin work with Avia Layout Builder?
We’re sorry, but unfortunately, we do not have any knowledge of that page builder. However, if you are seeing issues, we will try as much as we can to resolve the issues.
Hi Onokazu, is there any guide to bring this https://demo.directoriespro.com/directory-listing/united-states/new-york/ in documentation. Based on location selected, it shows available categories with filters in sidebar. I tried it but i cannot get this. Thanks.
That is how it should work by default if you are using the filters. If not, please contact support so that we can have a look.
Thanks it worked after i changed the location hierarchy. I have one more question. There is option to change slug only for single item not ‘listings’ page. When i try to change handle through page it is not working. By default all listing pages starts with ‘directory’. Is it possible to change this slug? Thanks.
Ignore my last question, i got it .
The URL of my directory is http://mydomain.com/directory-xxx/, how do I change it to http://mydomain.com/abc/?
You can simply edit the page for http://mydomain.com/directory-xxx/ from the Pages section of WordPress admin dashboard and change its page slug from “directory-xxx” to “abc”. Then, make sure to go to Directories -> Settings -> Pages and re-save the settings there.
1) On your Demo, I see the categories in alphabetical order. It is possible to decide the order, instead of alphabetical?
2) Is there an ADS feature, for example banners or Adsense?
3) On the category pages, do we get to choose what goes in the right column (CATEGORIES / LOCATIONS / FEATURES / RATING / BUSINESS INFO )?
4) On the category pages, it is possible to have no maps?
1) Yes, that is possible by using a 3rd party plugin.
3. Yes, you can do so by configuring displays. Please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation-dev/getting-started/managing-and-customizing-displays.html
4. It is currently not possible to hide the map on category pages only. It is possible to hide the map for all the pages in your directory. You may also want to consider creating a directory with map features enable, and another without the map features.
Hello, Is this option possible…
I want to create a product showcase as an images preview (a product catalog without prices and other details, just a title + image), when hovering over the preview the original large image is enlarged (for example, centered on the screen). Thus, when hovering over the image, lazy loading occurs full image with a resolution, for example, 600×800. Is it possible? Thanks
Currently, there isn’t such a feature available, unfortunately.
Are there any live examples using directories pro as a classified website ?
We have seen users using the plugin to create a classified directory, however unfortunately we do not have a list.
This plugin is difficult to used and I’m straggling set up like the demo listing. Why cant you create a video tutorial for your plugin?
We do not have video tutorials. Please see the online documentation (https://directoriespro.com/documentation/), FAQ (https://codecanyon.net/item/directories-pro-for-wordpress/21800540/support), and contact support if you need any help.
Hi, able to get an REST API key for fetching to mobile app?
There isn’t such a feature in Directories Pro.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Price is in US dollars and excludes tax
This item was featured on CodeCanyon
Deliver better projects faster. Web, design & video assets
Unlimited downloads, from $16.50/month
Effortless design and video. Made online by you.
Smart templates ready for any skill level.
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work
We'd like to ask you a few questions to help improve CodeCanyon.