This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
Hi, I’m checking the directories listing plugins.
I am thinking creating a brand db list. I don’t see clearly the options on the plugin demo.
Brands names are all over the world and we only want to configure some table topics to display, not all of them. I intended to link brands with categories or hashtags (not so focus on local map or location search). So I have some questions:
1. Is it possible to remove the location search field or any other field we don’t need?
2. Is it possible to display a table view for those “brands”?
(Just the Old Fashion layout display, it’s easier, simple and faster… The table view, we should be able to set up and select the columns topics we need. Also to set up the number of fields, by page (20, 50, 100, 200)
3. In these listings is there a possibility to add categories or hashtags for topics related to that brand list? (so people will find product type tag or category according to what they search and not the location)
4. Is there a possibility to create a annual voting, for each brand? And at the same time have a global cumulative vote (of all the years).
5. Also to implement a field inside each brand page “where to buy?” .. just inside a list of places to people that need something can buy in that website list (according to country)
6. Would be interesting if, in some way, we can connect to those brands official social networks to check the Number of Fans / Followers by each brand. So we also can rank them.
Maybe you don’t have these options… so I hope can be developed because will be new ideas
Please let me know if you will have these options, PM/Poke me!
Thank you for your interest in Directories Pro.
> 1. Is it possible to remove the location search field or any other field we don’t need?
Yes, you can disable any search fields. For details on configuring search, please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/getting-started/adding-search.html
> 2. Is it possible to display a table view for those “brands”? (Just the Old Fashion layout display, it’s easier, simple and faster… The table view, we should be able to set up and select the columns topics we need. Also to set up the number of fields, by page (20, 50, 100, 200)
Currently, no, unfortunately, but the Table view mode is currently being worked on.
> 3. In these listings is there a possibility to add categories or hashtags for topics related to that brand list? (so people will find product type tag or category according to what they search and not the location)
Yes, categories and tags are there by default for your directory, see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/getting-started/managing-categories-and-tags.html.
You can also add custom taxonomies – see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/advanced-customization/custom-taxonomies.html
> 4. Is there a possibility to create a annual voting, for each brand? And at the same time have a global cumulative vote (of all the years).
That will most likely require some custom-developed code.
> 5. Also to implement a field inside each brand page “where to buy?” .. just inside a list of places to people that need something can buy in that website list (according to country)
If it is a website list, then you can add a custom URL type field and allow unlimited entries for the field.
> 6. Would be interesting if, in some way, we can connect to those brands official social networks to check the Number of Fans / Followers by each brand. So we also can rank them.
It is technically possible, however will require some custom-developed code.
Do I have to get WooCommerce Subscriptions in order to charge a monthly fee for a business listing?
Currently, yes, however, we are working on this so that you will not need any 3rd party plugin.
Hello . How do I make my site look exactly the same like your demo listing page https://demo.directoriespro.com/listings/ How do I configure from the backend?
Thank you for using Directories Pro.
Just letting you know of an error i have found.
In the manage fields area, if you move a field into the Columns section, you are then unable to move that Field out of that Columns section. When trying to drag the field out a cross will appear. And on the frontend the styling is completely broken. Deleting the Columns section just deletes all the Fields inside that column, so all my fields are now broken, cant move them and the CSS is broken on the frontend.
Is there a way to fix this? Its usually fine to move fields in and out of columns etc. Either way i need to now restore a backup from 2 days ago, 2 days work down the drain. Other than that its been a good plugin, shame about this glitch.
Any help would be appreciated, hope this can be fixed.
To replicate the issue:
In manage fields, add columns, then delete the inner columns, then drag a field into the columns section, i am then unable to move the field outside of that column, its locked in place.
We will have a look and see what we can find.
Hi there, I’d like to use Elementor for all the pages, where can I find the list of shortcodes used for the homepage for instance: https://directoriespro.com/documentation/additional-features-and-settings/homepage-control.html
Please see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/getting-started/displaying-content-with-views.html
How can I keep the search bar on the page after submitting a search? As of now the page refreshes when I hit search and then the search bar disappears.
You can use the search form shortcode and the view shortcode for your directory on the same page.
Hi there, I am trying to display directory fiedls in the Ninja table. They asking this:
How the fields can be mapped based on the meta key? As it is possible to map a field to the ninja table based on the field meta key.
No problem, i got it.
1. can you place voting buttons in the directory listing page next to each listing and sort by votes?
2. can you change the look/template/theme for each directory?
3. can you add custom fields in the directory listing page
4. does it integrate with ultimate member
> 1. can you place voting buttons in the directory listing page next to each listing and sort by votes?
Are you referring to the directory main page, and not the single listing page? If so, it is possible to sort listings by votes or ratings. Currently, sort options can be displayed as a dropdown only.
> 2. can you change the look/template/theme for each directory?
It is possible by customizing displays (https://directoriespro.com/documentation/getting-started/managing-and-customizing-displays.html).
> 3. can you add custom fields in the directory listing page
Yes, please see the following documentation page for details on managing fields. https://directoriespro.com/documentation-dev/getting-started/adding-and-managing-fields.html
> 4. does it integrate with ultimate member
Yes, directory content posted by each user is displayed on the Ultimate Member profile page.
Where can i translate this phrase?
To protect your personal data, your connection to the embedded map has been blocked.
This is in the directories.pot language file. Please also see https://directoriespro.com/documentation/localization-and-multilingualization/localization.html
I am using Newsmag theme where mobile Hemberger adds # in the handle to open the mobile menu. It works fine in listing page but single page shows blank menu? Looks like this issue comes only for single custom post. Thanks.
Hello amazing work but what about website page speed and lighthouse google speed test Do you have any plans to upgrade the speed of the script ?
Yes, we are doing our best to improve the performance of the plugin.
Hi Onakazu, quick question, is it possible on 1 directory have multiple rules about the detail based on level maybe? For example, an accommodation we can have user that can only upload 5 photos, and users that can upload up to 10 photos. Is this something that’s doable?
I also can’t re-install the plugin after I delete it. It shows this error.
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /home/u649091658/domains/ubuddirectory.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/directories/lib/components/Entity/EntityComponent.php on line 1401
Brother, Please ignore those questions. I now remember lol. It;s been a while i left my roject so my brain was frozen
it is possible to add following search selection
Unfortunately, it is not possible with the search form, but it is possible with filters – see https://prnt.sc/WGLHQIBYjkyc
Hi there, I have a pre-purchase question.
Is it possible for users to enquire about multiple directory entries in one email. As in can they add them to a wishlist and send one email to the site owner about them all?
Unfortunately, this is currently not possible, however we will see what we can do in the later version of the plugin.
Is it possible to link the reviews in Directories Pro with Google Maps API to extract reviews from Google Maps to the reviews? Would be really useful as the API is open and free to use to my understanding: https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/review-data#get_reviews_from_multiple_locations
It is possible to show Google Maps place rating and review count for each listing, please see https://codecanyon.net/item/directories-pro-for-wordpress/21800540/faqs/47261
Can users view all the items they have bookmarked on one map?
Yes, you can go to https://demo.directoriespro.com/listings/, try bookmarking listings by clicking heart icons, and then visit https://demo.directoriespro.com/bookmarks/ to see your bookmarked listings, both as a list and markers on the map.
Hi there, presale questions:
1. Is it possible to test your backend prior to buying? I bought quite a few themes only to realize that they were poorly coded and not flexible enough so that would be great to be able to test the backend.
2. Do you have any live websites from clients using your plugin you can share?
3. Regarding Openstreetmaps, is it also integrated in the backend for geolocation?
4. Can you confirm that when using openstreetmaps, the cluster features works?
1. Unfortunately no, however, you can see lots of backend screenshots in our online documentation. https://directoriespro.com/documentation/
2. Unfortunately, we do not have a list, however, you may be able to find some links in other comments.
3. The geolocation feature is available in the frontend only. We’re unsure if it is useful in the backend? Or are you referring to the geocoding feature?
4. Yes, we use the leaflet markercluster plugin (https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet.markercluster) for this.
1. Is it possible to change the main directory URL from domain.com/directory-xxx to just domain.com/xxx?
2. Is there any plan to implement a tab in the dashboard to allow users to update their account information without having to use a 3rd party profile plugin or WooCommerce account?
3. Is WooCommerce the only payment option available?
Overall, great plugin thus far.
I figured out how to fix #1
2. Currently, no, however, this will be possible in the later version of the plugin.
3. Currently, yes, however again, there will be another option in the later version of the plugin.
For further questions about these topics, please contact support.
hey I wrote about it two years ago. I really like your plugin. Really good. You have the “Guest posting without user registration” function, but it would still be a great improvement if guests could also “change” their postings. You answered me back then that the feature will come. It’s not there yet. But I would really like it. I think it’s very good if you don’t need an account for everyone who creates a listing. That also creates security for the blog. After all, too many users mean less security. But guests should also be able to edit your post. With a password or code. That would be a very good feature, which I still miss. I would be very happy if this is still on the to-do list?
Yes, it is still on the list and is currently being worked on.
Oh. That’s good news. Thanks so much. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming updates.
Hi there, I’m hoping to get Directories Pro but have a few quick questions, thanks in advance.
1. Is it possible to integrate with Google reviews in the listing?
2. I have divi theme right now, would Directories Pro be compatible?
3. Would it be possible to add the listing’s Instagram feed inside the listing?
Thank you very much!
> 1. Is it possible to integrate with Google reviews in the listing?
It is possible to display Google Maps place rating and review count – see https://codecanyon.net/item/directories-pro-for-wordpress/21800540/faqs/47261
> 2. I have divi theme right now, would Directories Pro be compatible?
Yes, we have many users using Directories Pro with Divi.
> 3. Would it be possible to add the listing’s Instagram feed inside the listing?
Currently, there isn’t such a feature available, unfortunately. However, it may be possible with a custom field and https://wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-feed.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Price is in US dollars and excludes tax
This item was featured on CodeCanyon
Deliver better projects faster. Web, design & video assets
Unlimited downloads, from $16.50/month
Effortless design and video. Made online by you.
Smart templates ready for any skill level.
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work
We'd like to ask you a few questions to help improve CodeCanyon.