CookieCuttr v2 for WordPress is the latest version of the popular CookieCuttr script to allow visitors to your site(s) to manage their cookies and helping you to be fully compliant with the recent EU Cookie Legislation.
CookieCuttr v1 for WordPress was extremely popular, selling over 1000 plugins via the main cookiecuttr.com website.
PluginHero have taken on the development of CookieCuttr from the original developers and have updated CookieCuttr v2 to the latest standards, fully compatible with WordPress 3.8 and we’ve added support for Google Universal Analytics.
The following features are supported
- Put a top bar on every page of your website with a message to your website visitors
- You can use Google Analytics and disable them until your website visitor has accepted cookies
- You can enable Google Analytics until your website visitor has declined cookies
- NEW FEATURE in v2! You can choose between “Legacy” Google Analytics and the new “Universal Analytics”
- Show a reset button once the website visitor has accepted/declined your cookie
- Choose to have a larger overlay with a message inside so that the website visitor has to interact before they can browse your website
- Choose to post the script files to the head or foot of your HTML
- The plugin comes with two functions you can run on any element of your site (for if cookies are accepted or declined), including third party plugins (you will have to edit your templates or third party plugins for this, if you’re not comfortable doing this please ask a web developer)
- Edit all of the messages, button text, link text and links shown in the top bar
- Add a really discreet link which can be placed in any corner of the page
- Have a discreet reset link
- Show a different message for your policy page, simply by adding the shortcode [cookiecuttrprivacy] to your chosen page
- Hide all messages on all pages (apart from your policy page
- Delete the standard Google Analytics cookies when a visitor presses the decline button (NEW FEATURE!)
- All in an easy to update interface that you can even hand over to your client to manage, screenshot below.
- In order for CookieCuttr to control your Google Analytics, you will need to remove them from your template code and disable any plugins that are currently running the Google Analytics for you.
Like all PluginHero plugins, CookieCuttr includes .po/.mo files so that it can be fully localised into your own language if necessary.
Need support?Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and your support ticket will be logged in our support system.
All Support is managed by Codentia