Amazing idea, nice job!
Hey looks great, couple questions, can you have multiple passwords for one lock?
and is their a system built in where it remembers loggedin users have already used the password?
-It is designed to lock content with one password, you can assign one unique password per content, or create one password that will lock multiple content. So on one page you can assign only one lock for specific content.
-This is a content locking solution, there is no login, or membership option, it is a simple but powerful replacement where you can collect emails, instead of asking users to go through multiple steps of registration and login. It monitors statistics of unlocks per days, and total statistics of every lock, along with statistics of subscribers on daily basis.
Your script it is very interesting, but… I’ve to use it to block Videos, played by Video.Js player…
apparently video.js is not compatible with your script… can you fix it?
I’ve just sent to you a message through your Codecanyon profile… thanks for your support
I just saw you posted comment here too, I’m sure we will resolve this very soon
You just send me the solution great support! thank you!
No problem, you are welcome
I am looking for a plugin to content protect a central training page and all child training pages content under it.
I would like to assign each of my real estate agents a unique username and password to access the training area. No front end registration, levels, social media, or payment required.
Logging in with their assigned user/pass should go to the main training page, and provide them with further content protected options – all at the same level 1 access.
Would your plugin work for this?
If I set up training content pages under the main training menu page, will all child pages be automatically protected, without having to protect each one individually?
For my purposes, would it work out of the box, or would any custom work be required?
Thank you for your interest in ContentLock,
ContentLock can lock whole page – in your example training page with password – meaning your agents will need only password to unlock it, no usernames are included. Now as I have understood you want to lock main page and it’s subpages which are separated and accessible via navigation menu as submenus, right? You can for example create one password per agent, and lock training page and subpages with same password , so it can be accessible only by the agents with the passwords, but they will need to unlock each page again every time they visit it. If you want to use username-password solution where agent enters his credentials and then have access to all the pages without re-unlocking them at every visit, you will need to integrate some front-end registration-login system.
Is it base on cookies or server session? For example, I have dynamic page and will frequently refresh by reload it. Will the user only fill ONE TIME password? or, every time same page reload, user asking for password always?
Thank you for taking interest in ContentLock
There are no cookies or server session, it is simple jquery locking for those who do not want those complications, and yes, whenever page is reloaded content will be re-locked meaning user will need to unlock it again. I might include this feature in the future.
good idea but it will be great if user can create an account too to test the software and a basic pay plan to create more protected content
Does this integrate with industry leading autoresponders like Aweber, Getresponse or Mailchimp? Exporting emails and uploading to another service is a PITA.
Well, this is basically a stand-alone project, at this time. All emails are stored internally, and emails sending is regulated through admin dashboard. Collected emails can be exported as a list. In future update I could include option where user would be subscribed to the one of above mentioned service also when subscribing for password. Your point is right exporting emails can be PITA, I just didn’t think in that direction when making this project, but is definitely something I must consider in next update
Yes..that would be a great update. The reason it is a PITA is not only the function of actually doing it, but most autoresponder companies want other supporting information as to how you acquired the email addresses, IP addresses, etc. Plus, you can send automated messages to your list with an autoresponder and send broadcasts…each of the top autoresponders have an API that are well documented.
And if we are talking about features for a future version… What would be uber cool is if you could add social locking to it i.e. FB Likes, Tweets, G+ and LinkedIN….that would make it the most complete locking package out there.
Hey, thanks for suggestions I never thought in social locking direction, I might add it one by one, subscription services first, than expanding to social locking
This software is still working and supported?
Thank you for taking interest in ContentLock
Yes it is
As I matter of fact I am intending to make some update soon
Please check the mailbox, I send you my problem. Please help me! Thank you
Thank you for buying my item, I have just replied to your email, check your email inbox, it should resolve your problem.
All the best
Hi, i’m interested to purchase your script, may I know if it is does support a post back? to fire conversion pixel.
Thank you for raking interest in my item,
I am not sure what you mean by post back? Once user subscribe you will have statistics in the back end, like how many unlockes are there and how many users subsribed, if that’s what you mean.
Please help me because I cannot implement this software. The documentation is a little vague.
1-How to protect content in a wordpress blog?
2-How to call the software in a external website hosted in other domain?
Please I need a detailed explanation because I already tried following the documentation without any success.
Thank you for buying my item,
1. This depends what part of content you want to lock. If you want to lock the content, wrap the hook with some div to which you will assign some class, or id, if you want to lock whole page, wrap the inner content with that div. If you want to lock the content of particular post, you can make if statement to check for post id for example, and depending what part you want to lock, you will need to modify the proper template inside the theme you are using. Implementing contentlock is quite simple, you just need to wrap some content with div and assign it some class/id as explained in documentation, and then using data attribute, let the content lock know what type of lock is this – data-cl: single lock, or data-group – a grouped lock, that share same password. And then just call the typical jquery plugin initialization and pass it the class / id of the container you want to lock. You can see the example of implementation inside the example.html in example folder.
2. Contentlock admin should be placed inside the same webspace, same domain as the website that is being locked, because if you try to connect it with the website on another domain, there will be a cross-origin issue as the security of the web browser disallows the making of cross domain requests, which means it will not work, due to that security restrictions, in browsers, and servers.
I have changed the name of the folder to locked instead contentlock. What kind of changes I need to do?
Just change the url parameter when initializing the jquery plugin – http://screencast.com/t/B82lklFp . If the admin folder is named locked, just instead of the ‘admin’, use ‘locked’ in the pointed place. If you place that folder inside another folder, then just edit url to point there, like ‘another-folder/locked’, etc.
I hope this helps.
I think you forgot to tell me the file I need to edit.
I think it wont work. Please can you give me your skype?
Let me understand the logic of the software:
1- If the domain is myweb.com then the admin directory must be at myweb.com/admin?
I sent you an email
Yes, that’s basically it. I have received your email. I will post answer here, so that maybe other people can find it in case they have similar questions:
1. Yes. Let’s say on your website you have following hierarchy (inside the myweb directory):
- content folder
- some other folder
- content lock admin folder
- Main webpage file
2. In case you rename admin folder to something else, than when contentlock start searching for admin fodler in main directory, or myweb.com/admin it obviously won’t be able to find it. If it can’t find it, it can’t read information, and script can’t work properly. So, the logical solution is to tell contentlock where to search for the admin files, so you need to rename “admin” url parameter when initializing plugin – http://screencast.com/t/cYJc3WTD , as shown in the documentation. Also as mentioned, this is the part taken from options section – http://screencast.com/t/rr6GqDZF you just need to enter the relative path, or folder name, no whole url. So if your new-folder is located inside the main directory root folder, then just rename url: “new-folder”, and contentlock will search for myweb/new-folder for the files, or myveb.com/new-folder.
I hope this clarify things.
Other problem here. The software wont to send the email with the password, I think due in the settings of the software , the software truncates the email address after you hit “save changes” .
For example if I enter email@example.com when I try to save the changes the software truncate the email and now it shows “admin@”
Please help me asap.
The email configuration should be done with gmail account ,as noted in documentation http://screencast.com/t/oecIK37R . You should use your gmail username and password. Change that, and emails should be sending fine.
I have used gmail with the same results. The email address is truncated.
Email me the credentials of the contentlock admin and FTP credentials so I can take a look.
I have answered to this on your other comment. Emailt me provided credentials. Support is coducted either through email or my support forum http://themeflection.com/forums/
I sent you an email with all the login and FTP info. Please fix it today because I purchased this tool long time ago but I am still without uses it.
Thanks for your support.
I have answered to your email.
Thanks but the software still dont send the email with the password. I sent you an email, please fix it.
I have replied yor your email. As mentioned it seems your gmail credentials are incorrect. But I have modified the main functions to send emails regardless of that, and now emails are sent, you do not need to edit anything.
This comment is currently being reviewed.
Hello, Is the item still supported? I have pre-sales doubt?
Sorry for late reply,
Yes it is. But it will require some knowledge of php and basic knowledge of html to use it. What you are your questions ?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $8
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work