This is a JS script that creates a Matrix-like rain effect.
- There are 12 rain designs included by default.
- The look of the rain is customizable through the JS settings and you can create your own designs.
- Some of the JS settings are: font, font size, the horizontal space between rain drops, the vertical space between text characters, the color of the text, the color of the first character highlight, the speed of the rain, if to show the drops of rain appearing or have the canvas filled from the start.
- The rain characters are customizable. You can select from 14 types of characters included (Chinese, Japanese, English, Numbers, etc), can combine multiple types or enter your own custom characters.
- The rain effect can cover the whole page or it can have custom dimensions.
- A custom text message can be displayed on the page, with an appearance animation.
- The appearance of the message box can be customized through the JS settings and CSS code.
- With the rain effect and message box, custom pages can be created, such as the examples included: Under Construction, Under Maintenance, 404: Page not found.
- The code is lightweight and fast.
- Ask for new features and they will be developed.
Have a look over the preview page to see the rain effect in action and the default templates included.
UPDATES1.0.0 (20 December 2019):