City Guide is a native Android app for tourists and travelers. With this template you can create your own travel guide application with beautiful design and animations! It is quick, easy and affordable. City Guide app has many clever built-in features. You’re gonna like it!
This template provides you easy way to make your own app. It does not require programming skills. Code is easily configurable and customizable. There is just one config file to setting up everything. Project is well documented. You can also check a video manual. Create your own app in less than 15 minutes without any special knowledge! It’s easier than you think.
City Guide app stores POI in a local SQLite database. You don’t need any server and users can run the app without internet connection. There is also an interactive map with clickable spots. See the full list of features below.
We have a lot of experience with developing Android apps. Our priority is to create top quality products with beautiful design, write a perfectly clean code and make apps easily configurable and customizable. We are following Android Design Guidelines and permanently watching new trends.
We are always here to help you. Happy customer is the most important thing for us. We offer post-purchase support, free lifetime updates, step-by-step documentation and video tutorials. Before you ask us for help or support, please read the documentation (included with the downloaded item) and any additional information available on the item’s support tab to see if that answers your question. Also see frequently asked questions. If you still need help, just send us a message via comments. Please keep in mind that customization, modification and installation services are not included in item support. See Item Support Policy for more info.
Are you interested? Check this:
- Support for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3) and newer
- Developed with Android Studio & Gradle
- Material design following Android Design Guidelines
- Eight color themes (blue, brown, carrot, gray, green, indigo, red, yellow)
- Animations and effects
- Animated action bar
- Animated floating action button
- Parallax scrolling effect
- Quick return effect
- Ripple effect
- Navigation drawer menu with categories
- List of POI
- Sort POI by distance or by alphabet if location is unknown
- Search for POI with suggestion
- Favorite spots
- Interactive map with clickable spots
- Map layers (normal, satellite, hybrid, terrain)
- Clustering map markers
- POI detail screen (info, map, description)
- Static map image
- Navigate to the spot
- Share POI
- Open web link of the POI
- Phone call and e-mail intents
- Current distance to the POI
- Support for metric and imperial units
- About dialog
- Rate app on Google Play
- Data (categories, POI) is stored in local SQLite database
- Images can be loaded from the Internet or locally
- Caching images
- App works in offline mode
- Runtime permissions
- Google Analytics
- Responsive design and tablet support (portrait, landscape, handling orientation change)
- Support for high-resolution displays (xxxhdpi)
- Multi-language support
- Possibility to build the project without Android Studio / Eclipse (using Gradle & Android SDK)
- Easy configuration
- Well documented
- Top quality clean code created by experienced senior Android developer
- Free support
What our customers say?
This is my first real experience with building Android apps. I had my first app up and running in no time. The code seems really clean, the documentation is excellent and the app seems to adhere to most of the current design guidelines for Android apps resulting in a beautifully polished and fast app. Cheers guys!
– Adam Newton, City Guide
One of the best Android application, simple and easy to use, and what is great – the application is really fast.
– Steven Dahdah, City Guide
This is probably the best WebView app I have ever come across. Hope the development will continue well as until now and just want to say: “Excellent App”.
– Pierre Soria, WebView App
I wish I could give more than 5-star rating because not only the app is wonderfully coded, but Robo Templates provide great video instruction, have excellent FAQ, and are quick to respond to support questions. This is app from experienced Android developer and completely worth to buy. I’m excited to see what I can turn it into! Thanks for the awesome app design!
– Weblab Design, WebView App
Robo Templates are very responsive to my questions and reply to my comments in a very short time. I like the way they treat me as non developer experimenting with Android Studio. Kudos for that.
– Evalcaine, WebView App
Great code, amazing support. Looking forward to buy more from Robo Templates.
– Issa Qandil, Cookbook
Code is very well structured and clean, you can make changes with ease! Documentation is good and Robo Templates developers are always there for help!
– Paul Solea, Cookbook
- Version 1.0.0 (8th July 2015)
- Initial release
- Version 1.1.0 (21st October 2015)
- Sort POI by distance
- Clustering map markers
- Different markers for different categories (note that database schema has changed, there is a new column “marker” in “categories” table)
- Version 1.2.0 (12th February 2016)
- Runtime permissions
- Support for database translations
- One config file for everything (Google Analytics, AdMob)
- Update SDK and libraries
- Huge refactoring of the code with many improvements and optimizations
- Version 1.2.1 (22nd February 2016)
- Fix loading data when activity is restored